Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
How do you know it is? Unreal said it would work, they just weren't going to do it. Nintendo is using Unity anyway, not Unreal.

@rizzod I'm pretty sure everyone here, fan or not, would be happy to see you leave. You aren't making any cases, just insulting everyone.
I'm not talking about working at all, but working at a certain speed and quality level, so to speak. Like how lots of games ported to the Wii from more powerful systems came lacking features and game modes.

If, in order to get something working on the Wii, too much would have to be cut out, then they might not bother, like how Team Meat didn't bother putting Super Meat Boy on Wiiware because they'd gave a 50MB limit, and didn't want to cut out a bunch of levels to make the game fit.

So you think the Wii U CPU is simply way underpowered? MHZ or we talking considering system "bus" and latency here? I remember "Clock cycles are not always equal in terms of what they produce, especially with different architectures." MANY told me, and these are guys with computers that dwarf what is mainstream (talking clearance levels type of networking control and computer work) that the BUS speed and efficiency matter more. I've seen a LOT of debate on CPU of Wii U and hardware, much on other sites (okay to say a common site, like neogaf?)
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-clockspeeds-found-by-marcan-wii-hacker.338319/#post-4466329

We don't know all the exact specs, but what we do know is "a higher clocked model from the same family the Wii and GC used"... which is not very modern or fast.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not talking about working at all, but working at a certain speed and quality level, so to speak. Like how lots of games ported to the Wii from more powerful systems came lacking features and game modes.

If, in order to get something working on the Wii, too much would have to be cut out, then they might not bother, like how Team Meat didn't bother putting Super Meat Boy on Wiiware because they'd gave a 50MB limit, and didn't want to cut out a bunch of levels to make the game fit.
LMFAO, is that you Craig? Joking, a co-worker has Super Meat Boy character (like a foot long) at his desk. Made me laugh seeing you make that comment. To topic, makes sense now. Porting games from more powerful systems do need parts cut out (graphics toned down also).

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-clockspeeds-found-by-marcan-wii-hacker.338319/#post-4466329

We don't know all the exact specs, but what we do know is "a higher clocked model from the same family the Wii and GC used"... which is not very modern or fast.
Yeah, saw that brought up also. Marcan had a lot to say on it. People went out and it was "Touchy" at times. What you said is about all MOST could agree with the last time I checked. Newer but same architecture.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
At this point we really don't know though. It's unfair to assume that the Wii U is underpowered for consoles that haven't even been released (or seen for that matter) yet. I have no doubt that the Wii U will fall behind once again, but I don't think it's going to be such a big gap if the PS3/Nextbox are going to be cost efficient.

Of course everything right now is pretty much speculation. I could be completely right, completely wrong, or anything in between. Considering how much better titles look after a console is a few years old, I am very anxious to see what the Wii U will produce in a few years.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Well the Wii U is a lot more powerful than the PS360, and unless the PS4/Nexbox are way over $350, I don't see the difference being that big.
GPU yes, but like I said things need a minimum level of CPU power, and we don't know how limiting the Wii U's CPU is yet as we don't have all the specs.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
GPU yes, but like I said things need a minimum level of CPU power, and we don't know how limiting the Wii U's CPU is yet as we don't have all the specs.
Well the only thing we DO know is far more powerful than current gen. It's possible that it will be way behind, but it's also possible that it will be pretty good. Just don't make assumptions.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point we really don't know though. It's unfair to assume that the Wii U is underpowered for consoles that haven't even been released (or seen for that matter) yet. I have no doubt that the Wii U will fall behind once again, but I don't think it's going to be such a big gap if the PS3/Nextbox are going to be cost efficient.

Of course everything right now is pretty much speculation. I could be completely right, completely wrong, or anything in between. Considering how much better titles look after a console is a few years old, I am very anxious to see what the Wii U will produce in a few years.
If only you could get the Randomizer to view things this way. Fair, anyone could be right. At this point, we all have gut feelings or the past/history.

ONE huge fact though, is that people have less and less "Disposable income." If MS and Sony offer something for $400-$700, how will that go? Kids in a store, see games they know, and mom/dad see Wii U (likely to drop, guaranteed to drop once others come up I'd bet) or "$600" or maybe "$450 base, $500 with second controller" or whatever...wow. Any predictions here?

EDIT: Could it be Wii is still fine for kids and not a reason to ditch the Wii yet? I realized on my thread, "Hold on or time to let go..." (something like this) that games were the agreed upon issue. Monster Hunter 3 helped sales some places, and I really think once exclusives are out and WANTED, and BETTER, that the Wii faithful may "Upgrade." Something else I just considered.

Lol, WiikeyU (know I messed the name up) to Wii U hardware and prognosis, lmfao. Nice talking guys, fun.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fine to post a funny image once in a while, but you might want to try actually taking part in conversation. If you don't have a response, then you should have no reason to click the "post reply" button.

That said, the GPU isn't the issue with the WIi U, it's the rest of the setup. While most games nowadays are GPU-dependent, they still run the game engine on the CPU and if it's too weak to even run the engine and game logic...
Hence GPGPU, utilizes the GPU to do some of the CPU instructions, lessening the strain.

LOL this thread is full of Nintendo Fanboy Rage. I don't have time for this shit.

Says the guy who bothered to post it.

Hacking scene...I uh did some thinking and accepted some things about...well, it's a rather wordy explanation, but I refuse to be upset about this. It's just adding to stress my work gives me...I'll back down. :P

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hacking scene...I uh did some thinking and accepted some things about...well, it's a rather wordy explanation, but I refuse to be upset about this. It's just adding to stress my work gives me...I'll back down. :P
Did not know there was a confrontation. Nobody will know UNTIL we look back like a year from now, or after MS/Sony launch systems. Hard to prove this will kill the Wii U. Being honest here. I am curious to know what the maker was able to get and if any of it could be used to hack Wii U.

Brainstorm? If it can fake signatures/regions or whatever, then in theory it bypasses that and a Wii U came or a DVD could run with Wii U thinking it is a Wii U game. Everything starts with a brainstorm. ALL depends on what they found. I have read that this was used to hack the Wii (mod chip for drive first). STILL want somebody to discuss eMMC (nand), if encryption is AES+HMAC and if key is found (that opens it ALL up usually), if disc drive firmware is/can be dumped.

MaxTempps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy is sticking around regardless if anyone takes this as "bad" or "good" news.
People are not buying a Wii U, mostly because it hasn't been hacked yet. That would easily fill the void for "pirated" games as people literally would not have even considered buying the console if wasn't for piracy. Developers aren't making a profit when games are used,borrowed,rented ect, and yet people go on to blame piracy for "bad sales". If it doesn't get pirated, people are not going to buy the console, if it does, more people are going to buy it with the negative of pirated games. In a sense, whether a system is pirated or not, its the same result. I'll take this as good news, rather than being an overly dramatic butthurt fanboy.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Hence GPGPU, utilizes the GPU to do some of the CPU instructions, lessening the strain.
That's used for tasks that can be highly-parallel and deal in raw number-crunching, it's not suitable for other tasks. It's used for video effects, more complex shader work, model manipulation, etc.

After all, how many PC game engines do you know that run on the GPU? :P

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did not know there was a confrontation. Nobody will know UNTIL we look back like a year from now, or after MS/Sony launch systems. Hard to prove this will kill the Wii U. Being honest here. I am curious to know what the maker was able to get and if any of it could be used to hack Wii U.

Brainstorm? If it can fake signatures/regions or whatever, then in theory it bypasses that and a Wii U came or a DVD could run with Wii U thinking it is a Wii U game. Everything starts with a brainstorm. ALL depends on what they found. I have read that this was used to hack the Wii (mod chip for drive first). STILL want somebody to discuss eMMC (nand), if encryption is AES+HMAC and if key is found (that opens it ALL up usually), if disc drive firmware is/can be dumped.

Well, today was one helluva day at work....more on that in the PM I sent ya.

That's used for tasks that can be highly-parallel and deal in raw number-crunching, it's not suitable for other tasks. It's used for video effects, more complex shader work, model manipulation, etc.

After all, how many PC game engines do you know that run on the GPU? :P

Not many actually, I should have worded that differently, as they're primarily CPU-reliant.

Now then......time to keep my shut:ph34r:

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From http://wiikey.com/news/

A few lines of code...

"Nintendo is aware that a hacking group claims to have compromised Wii U security," a spokesperson told Eurogamer. "However, we have no reports of illegal Wii U games nor unauthorized applications playable on the system while in Wii U mode."

57 55 50 2D 50 2D 41 52 50 50 2D 30 30 2D 31 30
31 45 55 52 2D 32 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

What is it?

Edit: from bubba at http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?p=586193

"it is the header of a decrypted wii-u disc"

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
From http://wiikey.com/news/

A few lines of code...

"Nintendo is aware that a hacking group claims to have compromised Wii U security," a spokesperson told Eurogamer. "However, we have no reports of illegal Wii U games nor unauthorized applications playable on the system while in Wii U mode."

57 55 50 2D 50 2D 41 52 50 50 2D 30 30 2D 31 30
31 45 55 52 2D 32 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

What is it?
Was already posted, it appears to be the header/ID info from a Wii U mario game disc thing whatevermcbobbington.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto