Dumping updates and DLC

ro-rojas-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I have a disc dump from wudd installed to nand and playable on lets call it WiiU-2, should I be able to also dump the updates and dlc for that title from another wii u (let's call it WiiU-1) and repack them and install them to WiiU-2?

I'm currently having trouble in my attempts to do this.

Am I chasing something that isn't possible?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If WiiU-2 is hacked (don't forget the sigpatches!) it should work. If not hacked it depends where the data stemmed from: DLC ripped from the disc should work while from eShop won't.

Dumping the updtae should work, too, no matter if hacked or not but why when you can just start the game on WiiU-2 and it will download the update from eShop anyway?

Reactions: Blythe93

ro-rojas-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So both WiiU-1 and WiiU-2 are hacked and have sigpatches in the right places.

So far I am failing. It is DLC from eShop I guess and update from eShop but the base game is from disc.

Dumping the updtae should work, too, no matter if hacked or not but why when you can just start the game on WiiU-2 and it will download the update from eShop anyway?
Some folks on a discord were asking me this too. Mostly as a proof of concept and mostly because it has become a white whale for me. It's also not lost on me that I could just get everything with NUSspli

So far what I tried:

• wudd disc dump made on WiiU-1: installs fine and updates fine from eShop
  • update dumped from dumpling repacked with CNUSPACKER... installed on top of wudd disc dump: tried packing in various ways... install on WiiU-2 seems to succeed but the title then won't run (error 199-9998)... and the update shows as like 4092KB when it should be more like 1.1GB
  • dumpling disc dump repacked with CNUSPACKER: installs fine on WiiU-2 but won't run because it needs and update
  • update dumped from dumpling repacked with CNUSPACKER... installed on top of dumpling disc dump repacked with CNUSPACKER: fails the same as putting this update over the wudd disc dump... and again the sizes are way off (but it shows 9024KB not 4092KB or whatever)
Sort of at a loss here. From everything I've seen this SHOULD work somehow... but it's just a big failure for me.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm really unsure what the issue is, it seems you had it working already:
wudd disc dump made on WiiU-1: installs fine and updates fine from eShop
So problem solved...? For me it sounds as either dumpling or CNUSPacker do something wrong (changing title ID, creating a fake ticket while they should use the ticket dumped from disc instead or something like that) but why even use dumpling when you have a fine, valid WUDD dump already?

So what I would suggest to do now:
1) Deinstall the game, update and DLC from WiiU-2.
2) Run ticket clener on WiiU-2 to remove any possible fake tickets for the removed titles (that's important!).
3) Install the WUDD dump on WiiU-2.
4) Try to start the game on WiiU-2: It should download and install the update.

Does it work now? Cause if it does all that's missing is the DLC but you didn't tell how you dumped that yet.

//EDIT: Also what game are we even talking about and are there more partitions beside the game partition on the disc? These other partitions could be the DLC and/or update so try dumping them with WUDD instead of dumpling.

Last edited by V10lator,

ro-rojas-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah there was never a problem with the disc dumps, just the updates and DLC. I guess dumping and repacking updates and DLC from an install is a losing proposition it seems.

Game is Minecraft.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1