[Rumor] WiikeÜ ?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
With the wiikey wasnt there a way to run the homebrew channel from disc?
Only before it was patched in the Wii system software but THAT was only because they could figure out how to fakesign a disk with homebrew on it. They can't do that with Wii U yet.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh really, that's how it reads.
I apologize for the confusion then.

What I meant was that the 3DS was originally sold at a price far surpassing what it was actually worth hardware-wise and started selling like hotcakes once Nintendo cut down their profit margin - it will be the same with the WiiU.

D

Deleted_171835

I apologize for the confusion then.

What I meant was that the 3DS was originally sold at a price far surpassing what it was actually worth hardware-wise and started selling like hotcakes once Nintendo cut down their profit margin - it will be the same with the WiiU.
Wasn't just the price-cut that helped the 3DS but the Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land and Monster Hunter (in Japan) combo. Wouldn't be very wise for Nintendo to cut the price of the Wii U until they have the right games to accompany it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wasn't just the price-cut that helped the 3DS but the Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land and Monster Hunter (in Japan) combo. Wouldn't be very wise for Nintendo to cut the price of the Wii U until they have the right games to accompany it.
That's true - the releases at the time did help the 3DS a lot, however we can't quite overlook the fact that an almost 50% off price reduction is a good deal. :P

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Hunh, the official WiiKey team posted an announcement on the official WiiKey team site, which is the home page for their multiple already-existing modchips for the GC and Wii... I hope that it's fake! Because, you know, fuck logic. My wants override logic.
Oh shit, now the Wii U is going to die due to piracy! Just like the PS1 did, just like the PS2 did, just like the Wii did, just like the DS did, just like the PS3 did, and just like the 360 did! We all know that those systems died due to piracy and never got any good games, and didn't continue to flourish (sometimes as the top system in their category) for years after publicly being hacked for piracy! They all died horrible deaths with no games, just like the Wii U will!
reality_check_bounced.jpg

Really? Hacking == Piracy?

GBATemp of old was a hacking community for homebrew NOT a piracy board. This is talking about piracy plain and simple...

looks like this is not the forum I joined and had so much fun behind .
It's the opposite, you're not old enough. :P
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/History_of_GBAtemp
GBATemp started as a ROM site, for christ's sake.

One update from Nintendo and this thing will be junk.
Just like how Wii chips don't work anymore?

Wait, they do, it's just softmodding is preferable in almost every case (audio-streaming GC games being the exception) and is cheaper per GB storage compared to DVDs (as well as less hassle to install now) so most people don't bother with a physical chip.

These for profit piracy guys are selling the gullible and greedy wolf tickets.
GBA and DS flash carts say Hi. Also SNES, N64, Genesis, and other flash carts too. And hey, remember PS1 and PS2 modchips?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ahh, Rydian - my favourite voice of reason and source of c*ck-on-cam anecdotes.
Umm how do they have a Recovery mode for their chip and what am I recovering?
The chip will have a separate Linux-based firmware on-board and you can recover in the unlikely event of flashing it wrongly (interrupting the process for whatever reason, using a corrupt firmware image etc.).

Reactions: nukeboy95

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love this
from full story said:
"Nintendo is aware that a hacking group claims to have compromised Wii U security," a spokesperson told Eurogamer. "However, we have no reports of illegal Wii U games nor unauthorized applications playable on the system while in Wii U mode.

Given http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii (no new games coming for the Wii) and the known ease of getting a funny wii that is probably what their shareholders want to hear.
Foxi4 I already went on the other howlers in that statement though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn spam callers keep ruining my hentai games each time they're about to climax