Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Uh-huh, a remake of a Wii game sure as hell validates a £300+ purchase. :tpi:
As I said on another forum (too lazy to rewrite):
That's extremely inaccurate. It is based on Monster Hunter Tri (which was for the Wii), but it has maybe thirty new monsters, dozens of new features, hundreds of new weapons, a few new areas, cross-system save transfer and multiplayer (Wii U and 3DS), and a handful of new characters.

In terms of graphics, it's rather mixed. While it's got native 1080p and many of the new monsters/areas are very well done, almost all of the old stuff is just hi-res textures. You can still see the blocky outlines on the old stuff. It's not a huge deal (the massive amount of content is definitely worth it), but it would have been cool if they had redesigned it.
Online is amazing too. New free DLC every week.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well I was exaggerating, but it is one good reason to buy a Wii U if you can't decide.
Well, yeah, it's a good game, I'm not going to deny that. :P I quite enjoy Monster Hunter myself.

Well it can be, I brought GB/GBC, GBA, DS all for Pokemon in my childhood lol

Not the case with 3DS this time.
So it was several games, not just one. :tpi:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Whaaaaaat? o.o
/is living under a rock
Is a server tunnel (I'm not sure about the term) is in work or we will have to say good-bye to the multiplayer monster for good? (On the Wii)
Say goodbye to it unless someone magically pops up with a private server - that's unlikely since those things take months to take off and years to properly develop.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm ignoring pretty much all posts but the OP here (just came back from some lecture somewhere out of town).

So...what exactly does this thing offer legally?

That catchphrase "* Play your WiiU and Wii games from any USB media!" is pretty retarded, as you can ALREADY FREAKING DO THAT!!!

I can get a hint and understand that they're meaning "you can play illegal warezzzz on this thing", but why don't they just say so? Worse...with zero actual "warezzzz" being out, it's not like this chip isn't a fancy paper weight.
What? Oh...right. The wiikey have their reputation. I guess they don't want to ruin it by releasing something that doesn't work do what their customers think it does, but that's really all you can expect from it. And that's probably too much as well.

I'm not so much curious as to how they did it, but mostly how they managed to hack it faster than the 3DS, which has been out for quite some time now.
Is security missing something? Is the wii's inner structure so well known that that somehow opened a window into wiiu territory? Are the hackers more gifted than already assumed?

And perhaps most importantly...what will nintendo do?

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm excited for this, because if this is happening, there is more to come.
I would love to take advantage of that gamepad with homebrew, same goes for the 3DS. Just for some fun.

And tbh, although I've bought a lot of games for the 3DS, and I've bought quite a few titles for the Wii, I do pirate.
My excuse is, I didn't like some games on the Wii enough to buy them. But the majority of the big titles from Nintendo, Capcom etc. I have bought.

I've downloaded Skyward Sword, so that I could keep my Limited Edition pack sealed. :P (And play it before the release! I beaten it before it was actually released in the EU, haha.)
And I bought Super Mario Galaxy, while I had a WiiKey v1 in my Wii.

And yes, it does make me avoid buying some games, but that'd be for a reason to me...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, no more +1