Rumor: Nintendo to Reveal New Wii at GDC?

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ibis_87 said:
Why Wii? I gonna bet my last dollar it's the DS sucessor. The System is 6 years old and it's clear as day it's time for a sucessor.
Considering that the DSi XL hasn't even released yet, I highly doubt it.

crazyace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
ifish said:
Livin in a box said:
I've just bought a 360! Not getting another Nintendo console now though because of the failure of the Wii.

the 360 and ps3 are susposed to last like 10 years i think or at least to 2012 i think the date was 2015 for the 360. if will replaced this soon i will let it pass

2015 for both

Anyway enough of the off-topicness

HD or not, who cares, once you finish the 10 good games or so on the Wii its pretty much well errr crap. Sorry don't mean to be so subtle but its just like that.

alright see thats why now i gotta cut yo ass, the wii has more than 10 goog games. lets not go through the list now. and for the rest of the posters saying about how the wii sucks need to calm down a bit. i pretty sure the wii could have nice graphics or what ever its is "hardcore gamers" like but nintendo is smart and wants to appeal to a wider audience and not just the graphics obsessed fanboys out there. i for one am a fan of ps3 as it has many of the games i wish to play, GoW, MW2, etc. but when i hear crap like this it pisses me off to hear that.

Seek01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaems said:
OmerMe said:
Livin in a box said:
I've just bought a 360! Not getting another Nintendo console now though because of the failure of the Wii.
...What failure?

To me, Wii has been a failure in offering the ultimate hardcore gaming experience.
There are just FAR too many things the Wii cannot do.
It's saddening sometimes, starting up my Wii after playing a bit of 360 or PS3, and seeing how blurry the picture is (with component cables, mind you).

Financially, yes, the Wii is a fantastic success.
But to someone who's been playing videogames for a long time and always anticipates the newest, greatest experience - you simply can't just stay with a Wii alone, or else you'll miss most of what this generation has to offer.

"Hardcore Gaming Experience" means nothing to a lot of people. A console is a success if a lot of people receive enjoyment from the titles of the games of the console. And like it or not, a lot of people actually do like the games on the Wii. Just because they are not critically acclaimed does not mean its not a good gaming experience (or gaming experience period), because IMO, the best gaming experience is one you have fun with. If you want dark mature gritty and edgy titles that look nice, just say so, but don't say it doesn't have games for the "ultimate hardcore gamers" when its a blatant mislabel of both the Wii's library and yourself

Back on topic though, I expect it to be the DS successor instead of Wii. I wouldn't expect a Wii 2 until GDC/E3 2011 or 2012

QUOTE(Dwight @ Feb 5 2010, 12:52 AM) QUOTE(ibis_87 @ Feb 4 2010, 12:06 PM)
Why Wii? I gonna bet my last dollar it's the DS sucessor. The System is 6 years old and it's clear as day it's time for a sucessor.
Considering that the DSi XL hasn't even released yet, I highly doubt it.

It sure didn't stop Nintendo when they made the GBA Micro

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrimsoniteX said:
ZenZero said:
they wont announce wii2, we have still got galexy 2, zelda wii, metroid other m, and the kirby game all to come out yet, if anything its a new handheld.

Maybe not Wii2, but a Wii HD is feasible, if not smart on Nintendo's end. Especially because all the games we currently have would have the ability to run in full HD:
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/4715/rmgp012.png
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. It's possible, but not likely.

(Offtopic, but when was the
yaywii.gif
emote added? I don't remember it being here before...)

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What an odd year. All these news about systems, games, etc. from Nintendo are overwhelming. I haven't heard so many positive news about Nintendo in my entire life. New Pokemon game coming this year, Mario Galaxy 2, LoZ Wii 2, a new handheld (maybe), and a new console (probably not). It kinda seems overwhelming and a little odd so much cool shit is coming from Nintendo this year. Is this weird to anyone else, too?

I'm trying to find a good way to state my feelings, but even to me my post sounds like gibberish.
frown.gif

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well..I'll be happy if they announce any kind of new console at E3 or GDC.
If it's a new Wii I'll know I was right to wait before buying one, if it's a new DS or Gameboy I'll be happy I didn't get a DSi.
Only if they don't announce any kind of new system will I be disappointed
dry.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Okay, look. I call shenanigans on the whole thing. Nintendo just rolled out the DSi, and the XL isn't even on US shores yet. So most likely NOT a handheld successor.

As far as a successor for the Wii? maybe, but not what you are expecting. Just like the DSi, Nintendo may be going the same route with the Wii. Same console, different and improved upon featured. You heard it here. I called it.

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
Painguy said:
Reggie already stated in an interview that their will be no Wii HD.

Reggie doesn't call the shots, he speaks for Nintendo of America, which doesn't really have a say in what new consoles come out.
There has not been a major hardware revisions since 2004. If it's anything, it's a new portable.

sixteenbuttons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since softmodding wiis has become so easy for everyone and pretty popular, maybe nintendo is doing what they did when DS flashcarts became really popular...release the same system with beefed up security and a few new dinky little features (ie: DSi - with camera, SD, and shop) ...maybe nintendo is planning on releasing a wii that will come with some new bells and whistles (like HD) and a brand new more secure system, that wont be so easily hacked... maybe theyll take Sony's lead and try to make it as hard to hack as the PS3.

i guess it could be a new handheld with an accelerometer for tilt control, but i thought DS lites and DSi's still sell like hotcakes in Japan, and i would also say that that the launch of DSi LL is an indication that Nintendo is sticking to the DSi, at least for a while...

and...nintendos 4.2 system menu was aimed at stopping homebrew directly, and we all saw how long that lasted, maybe nintendo has no other choice to keep people from pirating the few games that are actually worth playing on the system other than learning from their mistakes and doing the DSi thing with Wii...

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well one thing is for sure. Whatever is announced at E3, Japan and Europe will see it before North America does. I will be excited to see anything that is announced, but I will be more excited about a new handheld.

popoffka

Trophies
Website
popoffka.ru
XP
Country
Let's see what we'll get...
I hope it's new DS, 'cause I just bricked my phat one
smile.gif

But new Wii'd be also cool.
I also hope they'll invent something like Steam Friends system, so we won't have to mess with those friendcodes >.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu