Status
Not open for further replies.

The Minecrafter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried contacting that YouTube account. I'll see if that really is him. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the ***** bug is coming from when the translated text ends up being more character than the Japanese character string, so it doesn't know how to parse a string that long or something.

andreiagmu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe this is a silly question, but if you insert in a line only a few translated words/letters, the inserted text appears normally? Or it still appears as *****?

Does analyzing the Luminous Arc 1 and 2 texts would help solve this issue? To find the format/encoding/text size used in those games, something like that...

Last edited by andreiagmu,

Gdtm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Seen this guy, it's thanks to him that I decided to import the game (80 euros for the importation, but totally worth of it, and it was brand new !), the game is understandable if you can find someone who already beat the game and learnt Japanese. Even more, if you do like me and try to read the katakana and hiragana in the process to increase your comprehension of the story, you would be able to read them even after ! Killing two birds with one stone, as you said ("D'une pierre, deux coups", for us).

The japanese level is not so high and the story, even if absolutely amazaing (LA and Rune Factory are from fare my favorite RPG on DS with Radiant Historia and Solatorobo), is relatively predictable and understandable. With all those points, you can alos take in account the fact that the game is truly enjoyable, a fusion of all the best points from the LA games and those of S-RPG in general with some greats improvements (except the video, but dammit, why taking the DEEN Studio ? Fate/Stay Night proves that it's a bad idea).

So frankly speaking, even without a complete translation take it, it's really worth of it ;-) From one way or another, you will come with a reasonable understanding of this beautiful game :D

Reactions: andreiagmu

doraemo801

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just tried contacting that YouTube account. I'll see if that really is him. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the ***** bug is coming from when the translated text ends up being more character than the Japanese character string, so it doesn't know how to parse a string that long or something.

Came here cause I seen this post, still need help on the project? I can try and help if you guys are serious

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the guy who made this thread last posted back in March, so it's still possible that something is still happening.

doraemo801

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember i did some work with the guy who posted the stuff on youtube many years ago (on Lum Arc forum)
But the problem is, he doesn't really co-operate with other people.
I remember I translated the prologue for him, but he literally just took the script and hardly replied back
I got the feeling that he just wanted to show off his skills into editing the game (which he is very good at i must admit)
But that guy hardly knows japanese and he basically google translate and edit the game to eng...
So if you guys are serious and have a good game editor and hacker, then maybe...

The Minecrafter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I try to keep the project alive as much as I can, because I want to play LA3 as well. However, I still need to have a translator work on it. If anyone knows anyone who would be willing to translate the text, post it in this thread, or send me a PM. I use a shared folder, so changes won't hopefully be lost if a translator stops.

doraemo801

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I try to keep the project alive as much as I can, because I want to play LA3 as well. However, I still need to have a translator work on it. If anyone knows anyone who would be willing to translate the text, post it in this thread, or send me a PM. I use a shared folder, so changes won't hopefully be lost if a translator stops.
Do you use Discord? Maybe we can start by have a chat on the project

MystElf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this is a silly question, but if you insert in a line only a few translated words/letters, the inserted text appears normally? Or it still appears as *****?

Does analyzing the Luminous Arc 1 and 2 texts would help solve this issue? To find the format/encoding/text size used in those games, something like that...

Hello!

I was somewhat active on the previous translation forum and may have an answer for this. The issue with stars appearing instead of characters has something to do with the character library. Since the library is Japanese characters it is all stored as picture files and while those character files can be edited they take up the same space as two characters in other languages. Of you’ve seen the previous patched versions, it intersperses the old Japanese characters with some edited ones which are pixel art swapped out. That’s probably why only the battle menu and item stuff was “translated” previously. Each one was a modified picture and took up a lot of time to look as good as it did.

Hope this helps in understanding!

Reactions: Pablitox

kakashi.hatakae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hopefully keeping my fingers crossed for this project no matter how long it takes. I wish everyone the best of luck, and hopefully a translator shows up.

HikariShinso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm somewhat familiar with Japanese and I have translated the first scene of the game, but have no hacking knowledge so I have play the game to get the script, but if already have all the text from the game I would be willing to translate it. Note that I am also a busy student and it may be slow and/or stagnate at times, don't get your hope up. If you have the script please send it to me and if you want to see my translation of the first few lines, I can send it to you. Of course this thread has been dead for about 6 months so if it's no long possible then ignore me.

Last edited by HikariShinso,

trainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, made an account just for this thread. Been keeping up with the posts since last year but never volunteered because of my lacking japanese skills. Well, seeing how slow this project is gonna go anyway, count me in for occasional translations!
As HikariShinso, I have almost zero hacking knowledge. If provided with the raw text, I'll submit english translations from time to time (but as I'm also studying, idk how much I'll be able to contribute these months). I'm not the steady translator you are looking for, but at least I want to be able to help getting the last Luminous Arc to english.

HikariShinso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, made an account just for this thread. Been keeping up with the posts since last year but never volunteered because of my lacking japanese skills. Well, seeing how slow this project is gonna go anyway, count me in for occasional translations!
As HikariShinso, I have almost zero hacking knowledge. If provided with the raw text, I'll submit english translations from time to time (but as I'm also studying, idk how much I'll be able to contribute these months). I'm not the steady translator you are looking for, but at least I want to be able to help getting the last Luminous Arc to english.
Its always good to have more translators no matter how slow you are. We've moved the project to Github, which I'm not too familiar, so wait til the Minecrafter PMs you with the access to the project.

Ryothehelper

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Umm hey guys.. I figured if I would be of any help because Im not that good in japanese language..but I intent to help you guys out as much as I can.. I don't have any experience in translating japanese language but I'll try to help anyway.. I don't know if you guys have enough ..well you know.. Umm translator? Maybe.. But I'm okay with either answer.. A no or a yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_sJ79aDQTeQ?si=dCPYbyGhZ8OFK8nb