What!? I can change this??
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Soo I bought Rockband WII version. I needed another game which I could play with my brother and his wife, so I thought this one would be fun, expensive but fun. I like the song list and got half way through it yesterday. Drumming is fun as hell and I actually think I've developed a better sense of rhythm and co-ordination with my feet with the bass pedal.

At this point I can get atleast 90% on guitar and vocals consistantly on the first run through on hard mode. I can even do 90s on while playing guitar and singing at the same time, if I know the song of course.

My one gripe so far is with the guitar. The keys are clicky,clunky and cheap when compared to the GH3 guitar. The strumming part is loose feeling and gives no feed back for when you are actually hitting it. I find myself jamming down hard on the thing over and over to get notes one after another. This leaves me tired and frusterated. Instead of just strumming like on the GH3 guitar. I'd rather it be clicky like the GH3 guitar. I was wondering if my guitar is defective or if they are all soo loose and crappy feeling. It makes playing the guitar parts alot less satisfying when I am missing notes I know I would be hitting on a GH3 guitar. Simple crap becomes stupid hard if I can't strum consistantly. I don't want to revert to strumming up and down because even that way it doesn't give enough tactile feedback to know when I'm actually clicking through a strum.

And the GH3 guitar is not compatible with the rockband...which blows because I can't use one for bass now. And blows extra hard if the Rockband guitar is really this crappy on purpose.

Also other things of note....Microphone and Drums get plugged into USB hub. You also plug in wireless reciever for wireless guitar through the USB hub. No extra WIImotes involved.

One thing they don't tell you in the manual is you have to use a WIImote to join in the microphone and select its settings and all.

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
I have heard the guitar doesnt click on RB guitars. The clicking on Guitar Hero actually puts me off a bit so i was hoping the non-clicking would actually be an improvement, but its seems it annoys most people if it doesnt click.
Can you let me tho, does the mic HAVE to be plugged into the USB Hub or can it be plugged direct into the wii? reason i ask is i already have a mic, and plan on getting the game only or the game and guitar seperately. So i wont have an hub as i have no interest in the drums, ill get the GH4 ones when it comes out.

PBC

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good question. I'll have to get back to you on that microphone question when I can play after work...and you confirmed what I feared, that the RB guitar is supposed to be non-clicky...maybe I can get used to it over time. Its seems very stupid as it is right now....I haven't tried expert yet but the fact that I can't get a clean run of back to back strums makes simple ramones like songs seem like a chore.

Also here is another thought...the wireless guitar reciever plugs into the hub as well, So I'll have to try out the guitar straight from the WII too. If that doesn't work I don't see how they would sell the guitar seperately at all. Unless they will throw in a hub when they do....

Expert guitar on this is going to be disappointing if I can't get used to the icky tactile suck that is the RB guitar strum. And also...no hammer-ons in this game. They should have really followed GH's lead on adding the hammer-ons.

EDIT: Hammer ons ARE in the game, they are just very hard to notice. They should have made them much more obvious. As it is there are 2 very small white lines on either side indicating a hammer on...and its hard to notice those little white linees on the run...uggghhh

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
PBC said:
My one gripe so far is with the guitar. The keys are clicky,clunky and cheap when compared to the GH3 guitar. The strumming part is loose feeling and gives no feed back for when you are actually hitting it. I find myself jamming down hard on the thing over and over to get notes one after another. This leaves me tired and frusterated. Instead of just strumming like on the GH3 guitar. I'd rather it be clicky like the GH3 guitar. I was wondering if my guitar is defective or if they are all soo loose and crappy feeling. It makes playing the guitar parts alot less satisfying when I am missing notes I know I would be hitting on a GH3 guitar. Simple crap becomes stupid hard if I can't strum consistantly. I don't want to revert to strumming up and down because even that way it doesn't give enough tactile feedback to know when I'm actually clicking through a strum.

Your guitar is not defective.

These guitars are the worst designed guitars ever. They may look nice on the outside, but the insides are pure garbage. Super-clicky frets, mushy strum bar, it's nasty.

I got a replacement strum bar though for my Xbox 360 Strat from bytearts.com, and it makes a whole world of difference as you actually know when it's now registering a strum. Now just gotta fix the fret buttons
smile.gif

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The guitar is the most consistently complained about feature of Rock Band. Especially now considering Guitar Hero 4, RB is the "rival product" and therefore are going to be different than GH's guitars, and of course you're not going to be able to use them cross-game. Unfortunately, along with people not being able to use their existing guitars in addition to what comes in the box, the guitars would likely bring suit against...whomever makes RB if they were too like GH's, so no clicking and different frets, etc.

I definitely remember hearing after release about the strumming actually breaking the guitar though this is naturally due to people expecting a click or whatnot so they could be putting excessive pressure on it.

PBC

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To answer crezwell's question. Yes you can plug ANY usb microphone into the back of the WII and it will work. I wouldn't bother buying the rockband microphone, you can probably find a usb microphone cheaper then theirs which I think is $30.

You can also plug the guitar transmitter into the back of the WII as well. So if you aren't getting the drums then you don't need the usb hub.

Or if you don't use a mic then the drums plug in the back as well.

But the drum set is $80, the game is $50, the guitar is $60 , Microphone is $30, Hub is $30. = $250
Drums + Guitar + Game = $190
Guitar + Mic + Game = $140 (assuming you buy their microphone)
Or get the whole set for $170....

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
PBC said:
To answer crezwell's question. Yes you can plug ANY usb microphone into the back of the WII and it will work. I wouldn't bother buying the rockband microphone, you can probably find a usb microphone cheaper then theirs which I think is $30.

You can also plug the guitar transmitter into the back of the WII as well. So if you aren't getting the drums then you don't need the usb hub.

Or if you don't use a mic then the drums plug in the back as well.

But the drum set is $80, the game is $50, the guitar is $60 , Microphone is $30, Hub is $30. = $250
Drums + Guitar + Game = $190
Guitar + Mic + Game = $140 (assuming you buy their microphone)
Or get the whole set for $170....

Cheers bud, just the answer i was hoping for
Yeah i have a couple of mics i bought last week, unofficial 'boogie' ones, twin pack of mics for 12.99 (pounds. ive lost my pound sign!!), so worth getting those if you can find them where you live.
our full set is 170 pounds i think, so much for conversion rates!!

videtonator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
other USB microphones works with the game?

a bought a adaptor that converts my "normal" microphone into a USB microphone just for play this game

i'm waiting the release too

see ya!

M31Supernova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a flippin second here!!... what's this about a hub being needed for drums?

First off I got actual singing type mic for $25 at Gamestop...that works direct out the wii usb along with wiimote. Logitec usb mic is $29 most places in the computer section of electronic stores.
Then I got RB1 drums (wii) at Fry's for $30. No instructions included and no hub. Red octane site and support confirmed it is to go straight in to usb as well. I thought they are just broke and/or are junk. Being RB drums aren't supposed to work on GHWT I plan to take them back regardless.

Guess a good question is there another drum set such as the 360's that will work on the wii for both RB2 and GHWT that can be bought? (I see no wii ghwt drums being offered seperate). What do I need to make this work??? arghh..

drum synch problem discussed here- http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=128...p;#entry1701142

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.