Homebrew Getting Rock Band to work on softmodded Wii

Rorwig123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I know this is in the section for Wii, but I'm in a similar situation on the Wii U. I've got Rock Band 1, 2, and 3 installed through Tecon's injector. I have wired RB1 drums, RB1 guitar with dongle, and RB3 Madcatz keyboard. None of these connect once the game starts. The drums light up the drum symbol, but then the game starts and the buttons are not responsive and the light is off. The keyboard shows a red x through the keyboard light on it. I've tried updating cIOS as in this article here. I haven't been able to find any recent threads, just that link that was posted in another thread about getting the Rock Band controllers to work on a Wii U. Any help would be appreciated!

Ecneics36

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in the same boat, as above post, but on a Wii; games all load via system loader 58 and game on cIOS 222 (which is the only way they’ll load) and the GH3 guitar works on RB3 and Lego RB just fine but the drums just light up and don’t respond. If anyone can walk me through what I’m doing wrong I’d appreciate it.

gbadummy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is for the Wii U's Virtual Wii (aka vWii):
I didn't see anyone report about getting Rock Band devices working with a vWii so here's my report. I do own a Wii, but the composite to HDMI converter does a crappy job and makes graphics look fuzzy. The Wii U does a much better job of upscaling the Wii graphics to HDMI quality.

Software:

• USB Loader GX - using Slot 249 Base 56 (d2x-v10-beta52-vwii)
Devices:
  • 120V external Hard Drive plugged into the top USB port in back of Wii U - with UStealth
  • Four port powered hub plugged into bottom USB port. In that hub is plugged:
    • 2 Rock Band Mics
    • Wireless Rock Band Drum Set (from Rock Band 2) with Dongle
    • Wii U External hard drive
  • 2 Rock Band Guitars (where you have to plug in a WiiMote)
Tested Games (loaded with the USB Loader GX from the HDD, no Disc Games are used). The ones in RED have issues.
  • Rock Band 1 NTSC - Guitars will not work - I'm stupid. Rock Band 1 can't use Guitar Hero WiiMote guitars.
  • Rock Band 2 NTSC
  • Rock Band 3 NTSC
  • Rock Band - Green Day NTSC
  • Rock Band - Beatles NTSC
  • Rock Band - Classic Rock Track Pack NTSC
  • Rock Band - Track Pack 1 NTSC - Guitars will not work - I'm stupid. Rock Band 1 can't use Guitar Hero WiiMote guitars.[/COLOR]
  • Rock Band - Track Pack 2 NTSC - Guitars will not work - I'm stupid. Rock Band 1 can't use Guitar Hero WiiMote guitars.
  • Rock Band - Metal Track Pack NTSC
  • Rock Band - AC/DC NTSC
  • Rock Band - LEGO NTSC
  • Rock Band - Country Track Pack 1 NTSC
  • Rock Band - Country Track Pack 2 NTSC
  • Band Hero NTSC
  • Guitar Hero 5 NTSC
Just my luck, the country packs work, but the regular rock band track packs don't. I've tried using 250/57 with them, but then the mic's are not detected. Not sure what else I can do to get those remaining three games working.

Ok, every rock band game for the Wii works just fine under 56/249 with d2x-v10-beta52-vwii. My stupid self didn't realize that Harmonix didn't add support for Guitar Hero WiiMote guitars until Rock Band 2+.

BTW I have all of the Wii Karoake singing games (Disney, Let's Sing, American Idol etc). Mostly the mic only games work with 249/56. The few that don't, work fine if I switch them to Slot 250/57.

Last edited by gbadummy,

ChrisToopher21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, I understand it’s been some time but I have a potential solution, I don’t exactly completely understand why it is working for me, I own a soft modded Wii and had a previous issue with guitar hero games upon launch to show a black screen, I had solved this issue by going into the launch settings on the game in usb loader and set my “Game IOS: 250” which had solved this issue. I now have purchased the rockband wired drum set and guitar “no guitar dongle am still looking for one to test” and have been messing around for a few days, all of my games are downloaded onto a 2tb hard drive where I have every single rockband and guitar hero game. When I first plugged the drums in I found it to be working with Rockband 2, Band Hero and GH5. Just today I got Rockband track pack one working and am going to try and test how many more I can get working, i believe I tried messing around with some loader settings in rockband 1 and 3 will continue to see if I can get any more working, I will report back with a list of that’s working or not. (:
Post automatically merged:

Hello everyone, I understand it’s been some time but I have a potential solution, I don’t exactly completely understand why it is working for me, I own a soft modded Wii and had a previous issue with guitar hero games upon launch to show a black screen, I had solved this issue by going into the launch settings on the game in usb loader and set my “Game IOS: 250” which had solved this issue. I now have purchased the rockband wired drum set and guitar “no guitar dongle am still looking for one to test” and have been messing around for a few days, all of my games are downloaded onto a 2tb hard drive where I have every single rockband and guitar hero game. When I first plugged the drums in I found it to be working with Rockband 2, Band Hero and GH5. Just today I got Rockband track pack one working and am going to try and test how many more I can get working, i believe I tried messing around with some loader settings in rockband 1 and 3 will continue to see if I can get any more working, I will report back with a list of that’s working or not. (:

Ps I am very new to Wii soft modding I basically can only do this from online threads and tutorials (:

Ps I am very new to Wii soft modding I basically can only do this from online threads and tutorials (:

HUGE NEWS! I GOT EVERY SINGLE ROCKBAND TO WORK WITH DRUMS THROUGH USB LOADER, I have not touched anything in the games launch settings besides setting the game ios to 250 and magically every single rockband game I’ve tried so far works with the drums

HUGE NEWS! I GOT EVERY SINGLE ROCKBAND TO WORK WITH DRUMS THROUGH USB LOADER, I have not touched anything in the games launch settings besides setting the game ios to 250 and magically every single rockband game I’ve tried so far works with the drums

so did anyone find what ios to use to get the drums and guitar working
[/QUOTE]
Yes I have

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0703.jpeg
    IMG_0703.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0702.jpeg
    IMG_0702.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0701.jpeg
    IMG_0701.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited by ChrisToopher21,
Reactions: jeannotte

ChrisToopher21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got the dongle for the guitar and it also works on every single rockband game downloaded on a hard drive (In usb launcher click rockband, settings, launch option, Game IOS: (250)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24

Naropad7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so did anyone find what ios to use to get the drums and guitar working
Yes I have
[/QUOTE]

so how did you set it to 250

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr