mikenz1983

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey guys + gals

so my lad is really getting interested in drumming and being an 8 yo i did not want to pay tons into a drum set so to start i decided that my soft mod wii had all the games i could need, so went and purchased the activitision band hero drum set, this came with guitar and mic......yay i thought.

i connected it up and gave it a couple of whacks and button presses and all seemed good.

come xmas i set it up properly and set my boy onto it, only to find that the pads seem to struggle register relatively fast hits, when a song is starting ( and no drum beats needed ) i can hit each pad and use the foot pedal and it registers just fine
When however some real play starts, its near on impossible to get any kind of consistant hit going ( no im not a crap player ), so i hve done the following so far

• Adjusted the living hell out of the lag setting to see if that helps.........not really
  • re imaged the images on the HDD incase it was an issue here
  • went and purchased an official disk, just in case the file on the hard drive was having issues.......nada
  • changed the remote from a standard wii remote to a black remote with enchanced motion.....still nope

aside from being pretty peeved with this, i welcome any reasonable suggestions, the wii itself is modded with homebrew but as stated i have tried this on both image and offical disk

Thanks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have reason to suspect it is going to be more than a toy, or entry level drum machine from a big box shop?

mikenz1983

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Do you have reason to suspect it is going to be more than a toy, or entry level drum machine from a big box shop?
not to sure what your heading towards here :), however i know its a toy, i used to have one on the ps3 many moons ago, its more to see if my son engages in this than to go out and spend upwards of x amount for an electronic set....thats the angle really

unfortunately the experience i am getting on this console is painful to say the least with this set

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not to sure what your heading towards here :), however i know its a toy, i used to have one on the ps3 many moons ago, its more to see if my son engages in this than to go out and spend upwards of x amount for an electronic set....thats the angle really

unfortunately the experience i am getting on this console is painful to say the least with this set
are you trying to infer actaul pain or just something that sucks so bad it figurtively hurts?

as for the drums. yes its a toy. it will act like one, and will preform as such. if youre wanting a more real like engagement, you are going to want something more akin to actual drums. not just something that badly returns hits to a console data.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is a VERY unhelpful answer. I have both the Rock Band 2 drums with the Pro Mode cymbals and a Roland V-Drums ekit. Yes, you can tell the difference in quality. Yes, the former doesn't registered every hit and sometimes registers a double hit, but they are fine for playing in a game on the Wii (or X360 or PS3) as MILLIONS have discovered. I stayed away from the Activision (Guitar Hero) products and cannot tell you how they compare to the ones made for Rock Band 2/3, but you can find countless people on Youtube playing them successfully for more than a decade, so don't let someone trying to suggest that they are a toy and not a proper set of drums (I mean of course!) talk you out of this. You might want to ask in the GuitarHero sub on Reddit for far, far more helpful answers and advice. I have only played on Wii and can tell you it is not the Wii's fault. It would have been widely reported a decade ago if the Wii drums were somehow inferior (mechanically they are the same) or if the Wii was somehow incapable of interpreting these simple bits of data rapidly enough.

• Angry
Reactions: PopcornSweetie

mikenz1983

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
are you trying to infer actaul pain or just something that sucks so bad it figurtively hurts?

as for the drums. yes its a toy. it will act like one, and will preform as such. if youre wanting a more real like engagement, you are going to want something more akin to actual drums. not just something that badly returns hits to a console data.
thank you, i quite confidently dont think you understand the use case here
8 year old son......play game.....on drums.....get some very basic rythm......see if he sticks to it

purchased wii drums.....not registering hits when in song, very hit and miss

solution ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM