RockBand 4 coming to Xbox One and PS4 2015

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by chavosaur, Mar 5, 2015.

1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    [​IMG]
    Harmonix seriously hopes you haven't thrown away those gigantic guitar and drum peripherals, because RockBand is making its return to current gen consoles this year. ​
    Harmonix has stated that all DLC from every previous iteration of RockBand that you may have purchased in the past, will transfer over to RockBand 4, with thousands of songs and track sets available for purchase, as well as plenty of new content, new current gen grade peripherals (with the old ones seemingly being grandfathered into the process as well), as well as new leaps and bounds for the franchise. ​
    :arrow: SOURCE
    Other aims for the franchise include more freedom in the way you play, and overall changes and buffs to the original engine.​
    So how do you feel about the return of the arthritis inducing party fad of the early 2010's? Have you held onto any of your peripherals, and do you plan on picking them back up to play some sweet nothings to your now probably college graduate sweetheart? Let us know what you think! ​

2. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Was just about to post this! :D

I've actually played Guitar Hero quite a bit over the years so this could be a nice improvement on the long run. If only we got custom tracks from external devices.. :)

chavosaur likes this.
  3. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I wouldn't be surprised if Activision decides to also revive Guitar Hero but program it so that all the old guitar controllers wouldn't work which means more plastic guitars being sold.

4. chavosaur
    OP

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    I reviewed Harmonix's Disney Fantasia game a while back, which I actually kind of enjoyed, and I've always had a soft spot for the RockBand franchise. I used to play the mess out of it Wii though, so I'm pretty sure my Wii controller wont work on my Xbox One if I decide to get it :/

Either way, i'm glad theyre trying to actively introduce people to the franchise as well as appease everyone that played it in the past with the DLC move-overs and trying to get the instruments from previous gens to work on current gen.

They could have just as easily made you re-purchase all of that DLC again, so good on them.

5. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    The BG of Guitar Hero/Rock Band always bored me lol.
    Never was a fan of the game but i guess its a.... decent rhythm game?

6. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    God damn it! I would love to see a Wii U version. Oh well, here's hoping for a new a Guitar Hero.

nando likes this.
  7. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    That's a shocker. Could have sworn this franchise was dead and was going to stay that way. Guess not.

8. Wellington2k

Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

Nov 1, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere in this world of ours
    My reaction, in order:
    *Sees the game*
    YES! A new Rock Band game! :shy:

*Sees that it doesn't support Wii U*
    Oh well. I've got a PS3 so... :creep:

*Sees it's only for PS4 and Xbox One*
    Well crap. That sucks. :(

*Sees it's going back to the basics*
    Man, I'm really missing out. :sad:

*Sees that there's no keyboard support*
    What the heck? Why would they do that? :wtf:

*Sees there's no Pro Guitar support*
    What are you guys thinking?! :wacko:

*Sees that they think they're being "innovative"*
    Well, I guess I'm not missing out at all. If you need me, I'll be playing Rock Band 3 with a real keyboard, a real guitar, plastic drums, a plastic bass, and three vocalists. :teach:

pelago likes this.
  9. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

They won't port it because they're afraid it won't sell well and/or they think the hardware isn't powerful enough for the game's engine. Tl;dr - More bullshit reasons as per usual, no surprise really. I'll laugh my ass off when they port it to the Wii and PS2 :creep:

10. banjojohn

banjojohn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2007
    So, just to be clear; the old instruments won't work?

11. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec
    And now i'm really excited! Hopefully the imports also transfer over to the new game because i did pay those fees to import the songs from Rockband 1 and 2 into Rockband 3!

chavosaur likes this.
  12. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Hell, I'll take a Wii Version. My limited edition Aly & AJ guitar hangs on my wall, always ready for action.

13. chavosaur
    OP

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    It's not entirely clear yet, they are actively working to make them compatible. No idea if it will happen yet.

14. Obveron

Obveron GBAtemp Fan

Jul 5, 2010
    Canada
    How is my wireless Xbox 360 guitar going to work on Xbox One?

15. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States

Good question. Isn't the Xbone blutooth?, meanwhile the xb360 used RF.

16. Obveron

Obveron GBAtemp Fan

Jul 5, 2010
    Canada
    I believe they are both proprietary RF. However addressing scheme is different as far as I know. The Xbox 360 steering wheel, not compatible with Xbox one, apparently due to addressing, but probably lies.

17. Lilith Valentine
    This message by Lilith Valentine has been removed from public view by Depravo, Mar 7, 2015.
    Mar 5, 2015
  18. chavosaur
    OP

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    When rockband 3 came around, the length of support lasted for an extremely long time DLC wise, almost 2-3 years I think?

Idk where the hell you're getting that from .-.

19. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    I would be very interested in picking this up, especially if they give a DLC option to buy all the songs in packs per game for the first three games, seeing as I don't own the first three games nor do I have an account associated with them. Honestly, this is what could get me to buy a PS4. I really like these games, and I sunk many hours into both the Guitar Hero and Rock Band series back on my old PS2.

chavosaur likes this.
  20. Apex

Apex GBAtemp Fan

Sep 4, 2006
    茨城県
    Just throwing this out there, Rocksmith 2014 is pretty awesome.

You use an actual electric guitar or bass with a pretty low-cost analog to digital converter 1/4 inch microphone jack to USB.
    It actually teaches you how to play the guitar with tutorials, chord-teaching mini games (as well as other minigames that help you practice stuff like sliding and fretting.), the ability to slow down songs, and repeat sections.
    Also, PC master race can import custom songs very easily, meaning you have a selection of about 20,000 songs to learn. (Modded consoles can import songs too.)

I used to play Guitar Hero a lot, but since I got Rocksmith 2014, I feel like Guitar Hero and Rockband were a serious waste of time.

pelago likes this.
  21. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    This, and I was kind of hoping it'd stay that way, too. Never really got into both Rockband and Guitar Hero, both series got really old really fast IMO.