chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rock-band-logo.jpg
Harmonix seriously hopes you haven't thrown away those gigantic guitar and drum peripherals, because RockBand is making its return to current gen consoles this year.​
Harmonix has stated that all DLC from every previous iteration of RockBand that you may have purchased in the past, will transfer over to RockBand 4, with thousands of songs and track sets available for purchase, as well as plenty of new content, new current gen grade peripherals (with the old ones seemingly being grandfathered into the process as well), as well as new leaps and bounds for the franchise.​
“There was a period of fairly deep introspection, where we felt like the time was right, but we really wanted to make sure that we had a creative vision that we could rally around, that we felt would be sort of worth doing this again,” project manager Daniel Sussman told me in a pre-announcement interview. “From a creative standpoint, we didn’t just want to port Rock Band 3; that would not be the most interesting thing for us to do, as a bunch of creative developer people, but also just in terms of bringing this thing back. We felt like it needed to innovate in a couple of key ways that would change the conversation around what a music game could be.”
:arrow: SOURCE
Other aims for the franchise include more freedom in the way you play, and overall changes and buffs to the original engine.​
So how do you feel about the return of the arthritis inducing party fad of the early 2010's? Have you held onto any of your peripherals, and do you plan on picking them back up to play some sweet nothings to your now probably college graduate sweetheart? Let us know what you think!​

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Was just about to post this! :D

I've actually played Guitar Hero quite a bit over the years so this could be a nice improvement on the long run. If only we got custom tracks from external devices.. :)

Reactions: chavosaur

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't be surprised if Activision decides to also revive Guitar Hero but program it so that all the old guitar controllers wouldn't work which means more plastic guitars being sold.

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reviewed Harmonix's Disney Fantasia game a while back, which I actually kind of enjoyed, and I've always had a soft spot for the RockBand franchise. I used to play the mess out of it Wii though, so I'm pretty sure my Wii controller wont work on my Xbox One if I decide to get it :/

Either way, i'm glad theyre trying to actively introduce people to the franchise as well as appease everyone that played it in the past with the DLC move-overs and trying to get the instruments from previous gens to work on current gen.

They could have just as easily made you re-purchase all of that DLC again, so good on them.

Wellington2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My reaction, in order:
*Sees the game*
YES! A new Rock Band game! :shy:

*Sees that it doesn't support Wii U*
Oh well. I've got a PS3 so... :creep:

*Sees it's only for PS4 and Xbox One*
Well crap. That sucks. :(

*Sees it's going back to the basics*
Man, I'm really missing out. :sad:

*Sees that there's no keyboard support*
What the heck? Why would they do that? :wtf:

*Sees there's no Pro Guitar support*
What are you guys thinking?! :wacko:

*Sees that they think they're being "innovative"*
Well, I guess I'm not missing out at all. If you need me, I'll be playing Rock Band 3 with a real keyboard, a real guitar, plastic drums, a plastic bass, and three vocalists. :teach:

Reactions: pelago

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damn it! I would love to see a Wii U version. Oh well, here's hoping for a new a Guitar Hero.

They won't port it because they're afraid it won't sell well and/or they think the hardware isn't powerful enough for the game's engine. Tl;dr - More bullshit reasons as per usual, no surprise really. I'll laugh my ass off when they port it to the Wii and PS2 :creep:

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They won't port it because they're afraid it won't sell well and/or they think the hardware isn't powerful enough for the game's engine. Tl;dr - More bullshit reasons as per usual, no surprise really. I'll laugh my ass off when they port it to the Wii and PS2 :creep:

Hell, I'll take a Wii Version. My limited edition Aly & AJ guitar hangs on my wall, always ready for action.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe they are both proprietary RF. However addressing scheme is different as far as I know. The Xbox 360 steering wheel, not compatible with Xbox one, apparently due to addressing, but probably lies.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I would be very interested in picking this up, especially if they give a DLC option to buy all the songs in packs per game for the first three games, seeing as I don't own the first three games nor do I have an account associated with them. Honestly, this is what could get me to buy a PS4. I really like these games, and I sunk many hours into both the Guitar Hero and Rock Band series back on my old PS2.

Reactions: chavosaur

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
Just throwing this out there, Rocksmith 2014 is pretty awesome.

You use an actual electric guitar or bass with a pretty low-cost analog to digital converter 1/4 inch microphone jack to USB.
It actually teaches you how to play the guitar with tutorials, chord-teaching mini games (as well as other minigames that help you practice stuff like sliding and fretting.), the ability to slow down songs, and repeat sections.
Also, PC master race can import custom songs very easily, meaning you have a selection of about 20,000 songs to learn. (Modded consoles can import songs too.)

I used to play Guitar Hero a lot, but since I got Rocksmith 2014, I feel like Guitar Hero and Rockband were a serious waste of time.

Reactions: pelago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more