XP
Country
United States
rbdlcico.png
Rock Band DLC Manager
by Remfin

Download v0.25 (11-2-10)

About
This DLC Manager was built from scratch to improve on the concept of Caitsith2's old DLC manager. This program allows you to organize, view, and move your DLC song files for Rock Band 2 and The Beatles: Rock Band as well as RawkSD customs on your SD card and computer. It is significantly faster than previous DLC managers, supports list caches, lets you reorganize and sort by field, and uses colorcoding to show which songs are up to date.

Installation
Unzip the DLC Manager and run from anywhere.
Uses .NET framework 3.5.
Not tested with mono.

Usage

1. Begin by setting your DLC collection and SD locations (File > Change xx Location). First time only.
2. Click to select songs. Hold Shift to select a range of songs, or Ctrl+click to select multiple individual songs. You can also select all songs, all missing songs, or all duplicate songs using the right-click menu.
3. Use the radio options in the middle to toggle between copying to/from the SD card (arrow shows which way).
4. Copy or delete songs using the buttons in the middle.

* DLC Collection is shown at top, SD contents at bottom.
* Status bar at the bottom shows size remaining on your drive/SD card and size of selected songs (can be hidden).
* Log on the right prints technical details and errors (can be hidden).
* Colors of songs show songs which exist in both libraries or which are mismatched. You can change the colors in File > Settings.
* Columns can be resized, reordered, or hidden, either by dragging them around or right-clicking them. Once it looks the way you like it, you can copy table settings from collection to SD and vice versa.

The Tools menu contains advanced stuff that most people won't need to mess with. Most of the stuff in there is done automatically.
The Song cache is saved automatically, meaning that only newly-added songs need to be read when you fire up the manager (no more long wait times). The program checks for new songs when it's started. You can use Tools > Reload (No Cache) to refresh your entire library if you need to.

Handling customs

Rock Band DLC Manager can handle RawkSD customs much like it does any other DLC. Since custom indexes can change when you add or remove customs from your card, it's recommended that you use Tools > Force Index Sync > SD to Collection after adding songs in RawkSD.

Beatles DLC

DLC for The Beatles: Rock Band requires your Wii key saved to rng_key.bin, kept in the directory where the DLC Manager is located. You can obtain this key using BootMii's NAND dump feature, xyzzy, or FTPii. Rock Band DLC Manager can create the key bin from BootMii NAND dumps on your computer using the Tools menu. See the Help menu in the manager for details.

Release History

v0.25 (11-2-10)
* Should prevent crashes caused by having RB3 DLC present
* Should prevent crashes caused by RawkSD v3b2 song files

v0.22 (3-15-10)
* Loading songs/dumping DTAs should no longer cause the UI to stop responding
* Status bar now provides updates while doing loading/copying/deleting - now using the program with the log hidden is viable!
* Beatles DLC should now report the proper year (reload without cache may be required)
* Prevented from closing program during a load/copy (avoid crashes)

v0.21 (3-9-10)
* Prevents crashing when importing "mangled" DLC downloaded with cIOS
Does not distinguish between good and mangled DLC, which may lead to problems in-game

v0.20 (3-1-10)
* Copying songs no longer stalls/locks the UI

v0.18 (2-28-10)
* First public release
* Stability tested
* Supports RB2, TB:RB, RawkSD
* Supports all known song tags

Credits

* Coded by Remfin
* DTA parsing code by AerialX
* Icon by Szalkow
Thanks go to the RawkSD dev team (AerialX, tueidj) and the many testers in #RawkSD on EFNet.

j0shuakane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright yeah i dont know im stoned but yes thats what i meant thank you.

THIS IS AMAZING THANKS!!!

...except it acts like its locked up when its doing something.

wii55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the significant upgrade to the app. I love the ability to sort by artist, genre, etc. Looking forward to The Beatles xyzzy import of the keys file. Interesting that people are still making SD DLC more convenient. Thanks again.

Does this mean USB DLC is still a long way from public consumption?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wii55 said:
Does this mean USB DLC is still a long way from public consumption?While this project was assisted and tested by RawkSD people, it's more or less independent of RawkSD and makes no assumptions about release dates. Fortunately, unless the RawkSD devs decide to change something the setup of USB DLC should be identical to how SD DLC works (same filetypes and folder heirarchies), meaning that when USB DLC becomes a possibility this manager will work just as well for managing your USB content.

QUOTE(fubka @ Feb 28 2010, 12:10 PM) What is that is says... USB DRIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again, this says nothing about RawkSD release dates. It's just a reminder that the manager will work for both SD and USB.

danes22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is obvious to everyone but when I try to select the location of my DLC (mostly RawkSD customs) it always says "no songs to cache". What file type is it looking for? I tried the folder containing .mid files and .ogg files used for RawkSD, and also the folder RawkSD creates for what appear to be "_auto_file" format (audio, chart, data, and preview). Can it only recognize DLC I've transferred from my SD card or something? Any light on the matter is appreciated, thank you.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
danes22 said:
Sorry if this is obvious to everyone but when I try to select the location of my DLC (mostly RawkSD customs) it always says "no songs to cache". What file type is it looking for? I tried the folder containing .mid files and .ogg files used for RawkSD, and also the folder RawkSD creates for what appear to be "_auto_file" format (audio, chart, data, and preview). Can it only recognize DLC I've transferred from my SD card or something? Any light on the matter is appreciated, thank you.
It looks for folders as they would be kept on an SD card. If you copy DLC or customs from your SD card to your computer, it will be stored in the folder of your choosing in several subfolders (sZAE, cRBA, etc.) in .bin file format. This also means that it can only manage customs that you've installed using the RawkSD program, as this converts them from parts files to bin files. If you only have a small amount of customs to move around, I'd personally recommend you manage them in RawkSD to keep things simple.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
This looks really good
smile.gif

Hermes new cIOS and uLoader support DLC from emulated nands, will this in the future unpack dlc and move to certain folders, making changes in the index files etc so you can install dlc to an emulated nand on pc ? (wishful thinking and jumping the gun
tongue.gif
)

Anyway, looks a very handy tool

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
Hermes new cIOS and uLoader support DLC from emulated nands, will this in the future unpack dlc and move to certain folders, making changes in the index files etc so you can install dlc to an emulated nand on pc ? (wishful thinking and jumping the gun
tongue.gif
)
No, because using nand emulation for DLC is stupid and only useful to DLC pirates, and because RawkSD v3 will make nand emulation obsolete anyway. The program is already compatible with USB drives for RawkSD v3, so it's as forward-compatible as it needs to be.

knaff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I keep getting the error :

Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'

when I startup the program.

I've got the rng_key.bin file in the same folder and using it with Beatles Rock Band.

Just tried v.20 but same error, happens when it scans the SD card for the songs.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii55 said:

Don't hold your breathe. They dont even have a running beta of RawkSD3, just that ancient proof of concept from the video a while back. I honestly think RawkSD3 is some kind of sadistic joke.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:
wii55 said:

Don't hold your breathe. They dont even have a running beta of RawkSD3, just that ancient proof of concept from the video a while back. I honestly think RawkSD3 is some kind of sadistic joke.

OH MY GOD! You MUST tell me how they made said video if they DIDN'T HAVE A BETA!

(Seriously, thought process failure much?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, you act like if you were about 10