Hacking Rock Band DLC Manager

LNick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to use this to manage my DLC collection, but I'm using uLoader's emulated NAND feature. NAND uses the .app files produced by decryption, and this (seemingly excellent) program only parses the packed .bin files.

Is there a trick I can use to get this to manage the .app files, or someplace I can go to request the feature?

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but I know nothing about uLoader's (Sneek?) file layout or what .app files actually have in them. Quite frankly, the only reason it even supports CIOS is because 99% of the code was already written for The Beatles DLC. But if it's easy to add I'll take a look at it.

The first step would be to get me a listing of the files from the directories (Windows instructions):

1.) Browse to a DLC directory in Windows Explorer
2.) Hold shift and right-click the file area -- "Open Command Window Here"
3.) dir *.* >> filelist.txt

Get as many filelists as you can from whatever DLC directories you have and mail them to [email protected]

Dr Awesomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uhmm, I'm having a little trouble with this great program.

Recently, and completely unnannounced, my DLC stopped syncing properly to my SD cards. The previews will Sync without a Hitch, but all the Song files return an "error!"

I figured it's best I upodate to the latest version (Once running 0.18, now running 0.22) but still came to no avail.

I've done nothing to my computer since last sync, and i've tried multiple SD cards. What do you suppose the problem might be?

(PM would be preferred, but i'll check back here every once and a while. Thanks in advance)

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, what does it mean when the songs are highlighted in pink "Mismatched Files Background" ???

Thanks!

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maintenance release (nothing really new):

Version 0.25

Should fix the crash related to RB3 DLC being present, may also prevent some crashes with files created with the RawkSD 3 beta (the newer version of the RawkSD 3 beta hopefully altered the behavior that could lead to this crash, so I haven't done exhaustive testing).

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I should clarify so there's no confusion...

This program should not be seeing RB3 DLC at all. If it is, it's a bug and you should tell me. If by some magic it does "work" with RB3 DLC I wouldn't trust it. I believe the only RB3 DLC right now is the Doors stuff and RB2/GD imports.

RB2 songs downloaded through RB3 should still be listed (which will probably be most of the weekly DLC releases anyway) and work fine.

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't. That's RB3 DLC and the combination of SDHC support and the whole caching business makes this program semi-obsolete for RB3.

marcd2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Remfin said:
You don't. That's RB3 DLC and the combination of SDHC support and the whole caching business makes this program semi-obsolete for RB3.

is the RB3 DLC a completely different format then? It'd be great if you could make one that works with RB3 DLC, as i have the gen 6 stuff on my pc but no way to tell which song is which

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not completely different, but enough has changed I would need to write a lot of utility code I never needed before. Frankly, I don't think I have the interest and have no way to test if it's working anyway.

It also uses the PRNG key (unique to each Wii) now, so that cuts down the audience severely...

Reactions: DarkMatterCore

hulk691

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
marcd2009 said:
Remfin said:

is the RB3 DLC a completely different format then? It'd be great if you could make one that works with RB3 DLC, as i have the gen 6 stuff on my pc but no way to tell which song is which
If you use one of the older version of the DLC Manager, your Gen 6 files can show. It should let you know which bin files is for which song.
5838eb648d3c776497d6613d88ebbeb65a906ed3767ae337036390115a80377e5g.jpg

cretin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way you can add a function that let's us print out a list of the DLC songs in my collection, or dump the list to a text file. The Top DLC available column would suffice. When i have friends over to play it'd be great to just give them a sheet of paper with all the songs, instead of huddling around the computer.

Envido32

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
Remfin said:
It's not completely different, but enough has changed I would need to write a lot of utility code I never needed before. Frankly, I don't think I have the interest and have no way to test if it's working anyway.

It also uses the PRNG key (unique to each Wii) now, so that cuts down the audience severely...

Have you considered to release the source code? Maybe someone else could...

It's a great app anyway =)

raphael

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im Having a problem with RB3. I used this program to move all my dlc from my sd card to sdhc card. When I run RB3 many of the songs dont show up at all and those that do most say they cant be restored to wii memory. Any insight on whats going on and how to fix it?

Juansho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
BobZhome said:
Here are a couple of lists I have that you can have to print out:
DLC in alphabetical order is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0dzv69uoo431oz9
DLC by Generations is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mrhfdz7e8gaky84

Note: » means I have the DLC installed on Emulated NAND

EDIT: here are the lists with the newest DLC's from this week...forgot to add them:
DLC in alphabetical order is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?x42s1uablmvsciq
DLC by Generations is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5bp8agq8pd91666

do u know the corresponding files for each song? (.app)

BobZhome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine wrote a Rock Band Collection Manager program that scans all RB-songs on a Emulated NAND-Partition. It opens each file and search for specific HEX-string to find the artist/title-info. With this program, I am able to generate the txt files with the songs list.
So unless your DLC's are on a USB Harddrive, the program will not work for you.
If you wish to set up an emulated NAND to run RB2 or RB3(with working Microphone), just PM me and I will send you a link to help you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up