Hacking Rhapsodii Shima 5.4

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you do this you will have to make double the plugins for PC engine and mega drive for all the new magic numbers. Seems unnecessary to me but whatever.
hmm.. right. In some cases even triple the plugins if I add one for European and one for Japanese versions,
The already huge plugins list in Wiiflow (17 pages!) would become gargantuan and confusing to navigate.
The background renaming workaround still seems the simpler solution after all.
I have to think about it

OfficialRammy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Tetsuo, I've been up the last 8 Hours starting from scratch. Fully formatted my SD Card & Factory Reset my Wii. Don't know what happened, Slowly getting back up to speed. I've installed WiiFlow fresh, updated to 5.4.7 Beta 5, added @Wiimpathy's Snapshots, Database and Cart Disks. & then your Theme and Plugins Pack last.

Just a question regarding the Categories In WiiFlow. Is there a way to have Wiimpathy's Database implemented into the WiiFlow Categories? I see in the 'CreateCat' there's a data and docs folder, do I just drag them across? Or do you manually have to create each category? I have no idea and can't find any tutorials regarding setting up categories, This would complete the whole setup, cheers mate :wub:

Last edited by OfficialRammy,

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey Tetsuo, I've been up the last 8 Hours starting from scratch. Fully formatted my SD Card & Factory Reset my Wii. Don't know what happened, Slowly getting back up to speed. I've installed WiiFlow fresh, updated to 5.4.7 Beta 5, added @Wiimpathy's Snapshots, Database and Cart Disks. & then your Theme and Plugins Pack last.

Just a question regarding the Categories In WiiFlow. Is there a way to have Wiimpathy's Database implemented into the WiiFlow Categories? I see in the 'CreateCat' there's a data and docs folder, do I just drag them across? Or do you manually have to create each category? I have no idea and can't find any tutorials regarding setting up categories, This would complete the whole setup, cheers mate :wub:

CreateCat's thread

CreateCat's github

It creates the categories automatically when found. The default categories_lite.ini file that comes with the program(data folder) is from the 1st WiiFlow pack.

Reactions: OfficialRammy

OfficialRammy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The legend himself! Im Sorry for the Nooby Question's followed by an even bigger one :( so I Just drag the data & docs app into the WiiFlow folder? I think that's why they've never worked in the past as it came with Abz Master Pack I just never had it in the correct place.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some confusion here but that may be not so clear, lot of info is outdated/scattered.

CreateCat is a PC program only. It populates the categories_lite.ini that is in /WiiFlow/settings.
CreateCat have a blank ini with default categories for Wii/GC games and for plugins.

Here's the concept that remains the same in Lite, explained here:
https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/categories

If you've never used that feature:

- Download CreateCat and extract it anywhere on your computer.

- Open a command line in that folder: Win+r keys then type cd "ThePathToCreateCat"

- Execute the batch. You must give the path to your Wiiflow cached lists.
For ex (suppose your Wiiflow hard drive is E:):
GOWIN.bat E:\wiiflow\cache\lists

Last edited by Wiimpathy,
Reactions: OfficialRammy

Jate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is it possible to sort the icons within the categories of the source_menu? (console.ini, handheld.ini, etc)

I thought they would be sorted according to the button order assigned in the ini file (console.ini) but no.

I do not know if I explained well...

In handheld I want the systems with this order:

Gameboy
Game gear
Game Boy Color
Gameboy advance

In handheld.ini I have:

Gameboy [BUTTON_0]
Game gear [BUTTON_1]
Game Boy Color [BUTTON_2]
Gameboy advance [BUTTON_3]

But in wiiflow, the systems are ordered like this:

Gameboy
Game Boy Color
Gameboy advance
Game gear

OfficialRammy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Tetsuo Shima I remember a while back you mentioned of having an Atari Jaguar & Sega Saturn in Rhapsodii. You don't happen to still have these do you? I think it would look awesome even though it's nothing more of a proof of concept.

Who am I to tell a developer to add and remove this from their theme, It's nothing more than a suggestion :) But I reckon you should include those back in your theme & plugins pack If you still have them as now in 5.4.7 we have the option to hide the consoles we dont want. As you've stated it's quite a task to do getting everything perfect to fit and run smooth in your theme regarding the backgrounds/Icons etc. I wouldn't want to try :blush: There's a lot of peeps that love proof of concepts as well for the people that dont, I've seen people moan there's too many, they can't complain now as they can simply hide anything they dont want. Be ashamed to have your work go to waste. Is there anything else you have added in the past and then removed? Just saying, if you plan on adding anything back.. A Pokémon Mini for handhelds section would be :yaywii:

Last edited by OfficialRammy,

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Tetsuo Shima I remember a while back you mentioned of having an Atari Jaguar & Sega Saturn in Rhapsodii. You don't happen to still have these do you? I think it would look awesome even though it's nothing more of a proof of concept.

Who am I to tell a developer to add and remove this from their theme, It's nothing more than a suggestion :) But I reckon you should include those back in your theme & plugins pack If you still have them as now in 5.4.7 we have the option to hide the consoles we dont want. As you've stated it's quite a task to do getting everything perfect to fit and run smooth in your theme regarding the backgrounds/Icons etc. I wouldn't want to try :blush: There's a lot of peeps that love proof of concepts as well for the people that dont, I've seen people moan there's too many, they can't complain now as they can simply hide anything they dont want. Be ashamed to have your work go to waste. Is there anything else you have added in the past and then removed? Just saying, if you plan on adding anything back.. A Pokémon Mini for handhelds section would be :yaywii:
I don't have them anymore, sorry. When I began to create my theme I had thought about including Jaguar and Saturn as well, but then I discovered that no game was playable, so I discarded the idea. The amount of plugins is already overwhelming, so I didn't felt the need to include non working ones, considering that they're abandoned projects too.

Yes I saw some people complain about too many plugins, but I think they didn't fully understand the point of this pack.
This was meant to be a full pack so that everyone could be happy with it and adapt it to their needs.
Never played or tried pokemon mini games, but if they work good I could add them in the future.

Lastly, I don't deserve the title of "developer" (I cannot code or compile anything). I'm just a normal guy with a passion for old videogames, who tried to make things easier for other people like me.

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It won't be messed up if you install it correctly. I personally updated to wfl 5.4.8 and had no issues.
@TimboTuesday if you are already on wfl 5.4.8 you can install Rhapsodii Shima with no fear. Wiiflow is not included in my theme

TimboTuesday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what I downloaded the first time but it had tons of plugins and whatnot in it. I went back and downloaded the correct file and it was super simple. Looks great too. Sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not sure what I downloaded the first time but it had tons of plugins and whatnot in it. I went back and downloaded the correct file and it was super simple. Looks great too. Sorry for the confusion.
I believe you refer to a certain tutorial which caused countless issues. Even if it includes a modded version of my theme, I have nothing to do with that.
If you have issues installing plugins, you can try the plugins pack. They're in an organized folder structure, updated and tested.
@Pacheko17 thanks

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,
Reactions: FanNintendo

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you refer to a certain tutorial which caused countless issues. Even if it includes a modded version of my theme, I have nothing to do with that.
If you have issues installing plugins, you can try the plugins pack. They're in an organized folder structure, updated and tested.
@Pacheko17 thanks
thanks that what im looking for hope it is helpful for me :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-