Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

coolguy8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is retroarch on the Wii U "up to par" so to speak if I were to plan on making it my primary means of emulating classic consoles? I tried a raspberry pi 3 once and it wasn't quite there, let's say up to and including N64/PS1. I'm okay using my PS3 for PS1 if necessary, but preferably everything else would be on the Wii U.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is retroarch on the Wii U "up to par" so to speak if I were to plan on making it my primary means of emulating classic consoles? I tried a raspberry pi 3 once and it wasn't quite there, let's say up to and including N64/PS1. I'm okay using my PS3 for PS1 if necessary, but preferably everything else would be on the Wii U.
Both Wii and Wii U had N64 virtual console that can handle most titles :)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention that wii side emulators like Wii64 (mupen64gc-fix, glide and rice) and WiiSXR are pretty good with WiiU clockspeeds :)

They are, unfortunately the graphics plugins on them are broken, culling issues, jumping vertices, etc. I really hope they can improve those plugins. Audio is another issue where the Wii U fails, it uses linear audio, N64 used Gaussian:lol:.

Reactions: wakabayashy

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I had to reinstall after messing around with cores and the latest gives me that too

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Re installed the Retroarch channel and replaced the folder in sd/ with the build from the 12th and still get an error

Last edited by M7L7NK7,

masterflops

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the latest nightlies are broken for me on WiiU also. I get the same error message.

The last nightly that I found to work was 2018-Feb-10 but unfortunately I erased my copy.

The latest stable 1.7.0 works the first time, but then after saving a configuration file, when it loads up, I get memory error 160-2203. If I delete the configuration file, it will load again but then it will error if there is a config file.

It looks like there were a bunch of cleanups submitted on Feb-11,12,etc that probably broke something for the WiiU but I'm not sure how to debug other than looking at the stacktrace above and walking through the code.

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crap, I deleted the 2-10-18 nightly build before I read all this broken build stuff. Is there anyone with the 2-10-18 build of just retroarch itself??? I have a game party tomorrow and now RetroArch wont work for me.

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crap, I deleted the 2-10-18 nightly build before I read all this broken build stuff. Is there anyone with the 2-10-18 build of just retroarch itself??? I have a game party tomorrow and now RetroArch wont work for me.

Anybody? Anyone have just retroarch from 2-10-18 or earlier? I need it asap.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Anybody? Anyone have just retroarch from 2-10-18 or earlier? I need it asap.
None of the currently available packages work?
There are some from Feb 12th up to today.
Try them out, hopefully one of those works.

I would post mine when I get home but I only have like 8 cores, from the consoles/games I have only.
So I won't have most of the ones you have been mentioning lately, sadly :( (Like Commodore, Amiga, etc).

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of the currently available packages work?
There are some from Feb 12th up to today.
Try them out, hopefully one of those works.

I would post mine when I get home but I only have like 8 cores, from the consoles/games I have only.
So I won't have most of the ones you have been mentioning lately, sadly :( (Like Commodore, Amiga, etc).

I thought it was just "RetroArch" itself that was the issue? Cause I tried booting the 16th build & the 12th build from the WiiU menu, and it instantly crashed. All I need is the retroarch.rpx found in "wiiu/apps/retroarch"

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I thought it was just "RetroArch" itself that was the issue? Cause I tried booting the 16th build & the 12th build from the WiiU menu, and it instantly crashed. All I need is the retroarch.rpx found in "wiiu/apps/retroarch"
I don't use the main RetroArch RPX from quite a while now, but perhaps @cucholix @ploggy @the_randomizer or someone else might be able to help you here.
A main retroarch.rpx file from the Feb 10th nightlies is required, dudes, hopefully you have it since I don't use the main retroarch app for a while now.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use the main RetroArch RPX from quite a while now, but perhaps @cucholix @ploggy @the_randomizer or someone else might be able to help you here.
A main retroarch.rpx file from the Feb 10th nightlies is required, dudes, hopefully you have it since I don't use the main retroarch app for a while now.

Oh..I haven't used any version since 1.7.0 vanilla, sorry.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@infidelity in case no one jumps ahead with a Feb 10th retroarch.rpx file soon enough, you could always try to download ANY other core and rename it to retroarch.rpx, putting it in the correct folder.

For example, let's grab one at random, perhaps mGBA if you will.
The downloaded package will have a file called mgba_libretro.rpx
Simply rename this file to "retroarch.rpx" and put it inside /wiiu/apps/retroarch

The file should work in the same way as the main Retroarch.rpx file, except that it will load the mGBA core by default, but using playlists and switching cores will work as long as you have the cores at hand inside /retroarch/cores.

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll give it a shot! :-)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll give it a shot! :-)

Hmm, strange. I got the same crash as before with all my other tests of the builds from 2-13-18 to 2-16-18?

I used the "snes9x_libretro.rpx" which is roughly 6mb's. I placed that inside the wiiu/apps/retroarch folder, and renamed it to "retroarch.rpx"

I put the sd card back in my WiiU, I select RetroArch from the main menu of my WiiU, and after about 10 seconds I get the DSI error screen.

https://imgur.com/a/wV6CD

Last edited by infidelity,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: because it didn't taste good