Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

DonCaballero

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
your not overclocking the wiiu cpu lol but the neo geo cpu lol the wiiu cpu cant be overclocked at all through retroarch or any other tol atm lol

Come on man, I'm not that stupid, I asked jokingly. The real question is can the overclock setting mess up any games? Like this is something I should leave at default or is it generally okay to set up to 200?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Come on man, I'm not that stupid, I asked jokingly. The real question is can the overclock setting mess up any games? Like this is something I should leave at default or is it generally okay to set up to 200?
if you see any game getting messed up you can always change it back it would take you literaly 3 seconds to chnage the setting back lol.

Knight of Time

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey,

Has anyone here besides me played Sonic 2 Long Version or Sonic 2 & Knuckles Long Version on Genesis Plus? They're hacks of Sonic 2 with a few additional zones added that were in the beta version.

Anyway, for the most part, the two hacks play pretty well up to Genocide City Zone (in Sonic 2 Long Version, when you get to this zone, regardless of whether Level Select is used or not, the title card stays on the screen and makes this zone virtually unplayable. In Sonic 2 & Knuckles Long Version, the zone is playable, but there are a bunch of things that get all glitched up, excluding Knuckles). When I play these two hacks on my computer, they don't have the problems I mentioned above, so why would they be happening in Genesis Plus? I suppose the problems might not happen if PicoDrive could be ported to RetroArch on the Wii U, though.

johnny5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After copying the contents of the .7z file to the SD card, are there any setup steps for just basic operation of the app? No matter how I try to launch an emulator or retroarch, I get an Exception type DSI crash. Using: rpk .7z file (multiple versions, stable and up to 7/4 nightly), the home menu channel, cbhc v1.6. It filled out the retroarch folder and attempts to launch, but goes black for a bit then crashes before getting to any kind of main menu. I haven't installed roms yet but did create the /retroarch/roms folder, installed bios files in /retroarch/system, and tried deleting the config file each to no avail.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
After copying the contents of the .7z file to the SD card, are there any setup steps for just basic operation of the app? No matter how I try to launch an emulator or retroarch, I get an Exception type DSI crash. Using: rpk .7z file (multiple versions, stable and up to 7/4 nightly), the home menu channel, cbhc v1.6. It filled out the retroarch folder and attempts to launch, but goes black for a bit then crashes before getting to any kind of main menu. I haven't installed roms yet but did create the /retroarch/roms folder, installed bios files in /retroarch/system, and tried deleting the config file each to no avail.
Did you extract the 7z archive to the root of your SD card? 7zip is a good program to use.

AzerothArg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey I know everyone loves when someone bumps a question, but come on this Neo Geo overclock thing is killing me. I'm this close to playing Metal Slug on that atrocious Wii collection, don't do that to me guys.
Try the VC ones, no loading and I think you can use a classic controller

DonCaballero

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Try the VC ones, no loading and I think you can use a classic controller

That's not a bad idea at all, Neo Geo VC is awesome. The only problem is games like Metal Slug have framerate issues (that happened in the real thing) and overclocking the cpu in the emulator makes it go away. And I haven't noticed any side effects so this looks like quite possibly the best way to play Metal Slug right now (I tend to replay the first one every 2 months or so).

Kaminari Kid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was saying that a Wii U port of PSX and N64 would run better than the ones on the Wii, WiiSX and Not64, both of which use linear audio interpolation (which makes no sense, real hardware didn't use it), no Dynarec PPC.

What's wrong with linear audio interpolation? It's what I've been using on my emulators lately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty