Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
oh and yea i see that the timer goes really fast, but the gameplay seems like its at normal speed. check this video out if u look at it running on mame on pc it runs exactly the same, so i think thats just how the game is. either way, it isnt a retroarch issue.

EDIT: Ok, saw the video now. On Wii U version the game goes at 2xspeed. It's insane. That video beos by its natural speed.

Please try the rom by yourself, i'm sure you'll suffer the same issue.

By the way, i tried Tekken 2 for shit and giggles and was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't full speed (i guess all Cores are running on software by now) but it looked good.

Last edited by Osakasan,

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you actually rotate the screen on mame yet? I haven't had the time to test myself tbh.
I'd like to know if this is an issue being worked on as well. Some of the old vertical games are unplayable because of it. All of the options are there for video rotation and core- allow rotation, even tried dipswit h for upright/cabinet but no combination seems to have an effect.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to know if this is an issue being worked on as well. Some of the old vertical games are unplayable because of it. All of the options are there for video rotation and core- allow rotation, even tried dipswit h for upright/cabinet but no combination seems to have an effect.
We've been mentioning it for a while but no response so I guess it's not high up on the priority list. A pity since so many of the great games need 'tate.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Am I crazy or have none of the recent Snes9x builds not work? Like, they load up fine, but all of them have been giving me DSI errors :unsure:
Have you tried to delete the config file?

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
No, maybe I should take my own advice, do the latest nightly Snes9x builds work for you?

Did you have to delete anything?
Did not try yet, but all previous nightlies were fine to me.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, maybe I should take my own advice, do the latest nightly Snes9x builds work for you?

Did you have to delete anything?
Delete the CFG files for it and try again.
That fixes everything, it's like when you call Tech Support and they tell you if you have tried to reset the machine yet, deleting the cfg files is Retroarch's "Reset the machine".

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the CFG files for it and try again.
That fixes everything, it's like when you call Tech Support and they tell you if you have tried to reset the machine yet, deleting the cfg files is Retroarch's "Reset the machine".

I should know better than to remove the corresponding cores' config files :P

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Ok, saw the video now. On Wii U version the game goes at 2xspeed. It's insane. That video beos by its natural speed.

Please try the rom by yourself, i'm sure you'll suffer the same issue.

By the way, i tried Tekken 2 for shit and giggles and was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't full speed (i guess all Cores are running on software by now) but it looked good.
uhm i DID try it myself on several nightlys, i guess i didnt make that clear. it runs exactly as in that video for me.

ZildjianMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All,

This might be a stupid question but I haven't used MAME in over in a decade.......while I was able to successfully get RetroArch working with NES, SNES, Genesis, GB,GBC/GBA (basically everything) - MAME 2003 + MAME 2003 Midway produce DSI Errors when attempting to load any ROMS. My basic questions are this -

1. Should we be leaving MAME ROMS in .ZIP format?
2. Does the title of the the ROM folder actually matter at all?
3. Where are the CFG files located that everyone keeps referencing to blow away for troubleshooting purposes? :)

*** Full Disclaimer...I used the Wii U App store to install all of my RetoArch stuff so I have 0 clue which "build" I'm using. Would I get 'nightly's' by updating all of the Emulators from within the App Store?

Thanks!

- Joey

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello All,

This might be a stupid question but I haven't used MAME in over in a decade.......while I was able to successfully get RetroArch working with NES, SNES, Genesis, GB,GBC/GBA (basically everything) - MAME 2003 + MAME 2003 Midway produce DSI Errors when attempting to load any ROMS. My basic questions are this -

3. Where are the CFG files located that everyone keeps referencing to blow away for troubleshooting purposes? :)

*** Full Disclaimer...I used the Wii U App store to install all of my RetoArch stuff so I have 0 clue which "build" I'm using. Would I get 'nightly's' by updating all of the Emulators from within the App Store?

Thanks!

- Joey
Did you by any chance use anything else but ''load rom'' when loading ...um roms ? (i cant remember the exact term now but i think its collections or something, that crashes all my cores for some reason)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello All,

Thanks!

- Joey
1-yes
2-yes dont change them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1