Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use haxchi and have no issues with speed anymore I dont use mocha..

What's weird is the Snes9x core is the only one give me the issue; Genesis Plus, Gambatte, mGBA, Nestopia, MAME, CPS1/2 all load their respective folders instantly, why Snes9x flips out I don't know. But to my knowledge, Haxchi supposedly has some kind of CFW included. Well, Snes9x still takes a bloody long time to load the Snes ROM folder. All other folders load instantly; I only have 75 Snes ROMs. IDK why it's so picky about it. Ugh. So much for faster read speeds...son of a...

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So in the Odyssey 2 emulator, Frogger worked, but I had to use the second controller. Is this normal? I'm sure it can probably be changed in the configuration menu, but I didn't mess with it. It works and doesn't crash when leaving the emulator, so do I upload your version or mine to the appstore? We hate putting ones that crash though.
Frogger used to work fine through the Gamepad but since the new controller additions it seems to want to work through the second controller. iirc computers of that age (like C64) ;) you used to have to switch joystick ports depending on the game. Perhaps Odyssey is the same?
100% use your version if it doesnt crash. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What's weird is the Snes9x core is the only one give me the issue; Genesis Plus, Gambatte, mGBA, Nestopia, MAME, CPS1/2 all load their respective folders instantly, why Snes9x flips out I don't know. But to my knowledge, Haxchi supposedly has some kind of CFW included. Well, Snes9x still takes a bloody long time to load the Snes ROM folder. All other folders load instantly; I only have 75 Snes ROMs. IDK why it's so picky about it. Ugh. So much for faster read speeds...son of a...
I have a fullset of snes roms plus a handful of msu games in one folder and haven't had a problem with speed. I dunno.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frogger used to work fine through the Gamepad but since the new controller additions it seems to want to work through the second controller. iirc computers of that age (like C64) ;) you used to have to switch joystick ports depending on the game. Perhaps Odyssey is the same?

I have a fullset of snes roms plus a handful of msu games in one folder and haven't had a problem with speed. I dunno.

Top it off with the fact it's a class 10 SDHC card, *sigh* do you use CBCH? I swear I'm the only one who has this issue, I may as well just not even bother trying to report or troubleshoot it.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The weird thing is that I didn't have a second controller even turned on, but it probably still operates that way. I know on the C64, it would actually use the second port for one player, or at least that's what I remember. So yeah, it's probably meant to operate that way. I'll go ahead and upload my version, and I'll get the others that you made uploaded. Will take a little bit though, I'm about to eat.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The weird thing is that I didn't have a second controller even turned on, but it probably still operates that way. I know on the C64, it would actually use the second port for one player, or at least that's what I remember. So yeah, it's probably meant to operate that way. I'll go ahead and upload my version, and I'll get the others that you made uploaded. Will take a little bit though, I'm about to eat.
Thanks mate, no probs :)

Top it off with the fact it's a class 10 SDHC card, *sigh* do you use CBCH? I swear I'm the only one who has this issue, I may as well just not even bother trying to report or troubleshoot it.
Yes I use CBCH but havent updated for a while (I think it's like the second version)

MaitreLLD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyone knows how to set up 4 controllers in Snes9X ? I tried to play some Super Bombarman, but even though the controllers are all recognized and binded in Retroarch, the game does not see them and gives me only computers. I tried to look for an option that would emulate the multi-tap but I don't think it exists :(
Edit : oh yes, works fine ! Just set Player 2 controller as "Multitap" :)

Awesome work !

Last edited by MaitreLLD,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Haxchi doesn't have CFW support natively, only signature patches, even they are optional and not applied automatically.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haxchi doesn't have CFW support natively, only signature patches, even they are optional and not applied automatically.

Then how am I to take advantage of libfat for RetroArch? I don't need Mocha anymore, apparently, but how to use this was never established of clarified, please tell me how. Heikenator was in here earlier and he said Mocha wasn't needed, but never expanded on that.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Then how am I to take advantage of libfat for RetroArch? I don't need Mocha anymore, apparently, but how to use this was never established of clarified, please tell me how. Heikenator was in here earlier and he said Mocha wasn't needed, but never expanded on that.
Install Haxchi 2.5 or +, while booting Haxchi hold B button, it will you take you back to system menu with signature patches applied, from there you have region free and other hardware permissions like the one you mention.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install Haxchi 2.5 or +, while booting Haxchi hold B button, it will you take you back to system menu with signature patches applied, from there you have region free and other hardware permissions like the one you mention.

Already have 2.5u2 installed, And once I do that, I load Haxchi again or go to HBL via Mii Maker? At last, I can finally use RetroArch with better speeds, thank you, and my apologies :P

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If you are using Haxchi, depending on the version, you may still need to load Mocha for the CFW which will give you access to libfat. I have an older version and I MUST load Mocha for all of the benefits of a CFW like libfat support. He was talking as if everyone has updated to the latest version, but I don't even know if the newest version uses a CFW or not. If you aren't using a CFW though, you get no benefits from libfat. Just having sig patches isn't enough.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using Haxchi, depending on the version, you may still need to load Mocha for the CFW which will give you access to libfat. I have an older version and I MUST load Mocha for all of the benefits of a CFW like libfat support. He was talking as if everyone has updated to the latest version, but I don't even know if the newest version uses a CFW or not. If you aren't using a CFW though, you get no benefits from libfat. Just having sig patches isn't enough.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/haxchi-v2-0-a-persistent-wiiu-hack.451071/

It does come with CFW options built into it, and I'm using 2.5.u2, the latest build as of 1/12/17, so all I have to do is hold B during Haxchi boot, but after that, I assume that I load HBL via Mii Maker and then RetroArch. Not having libfat is driving me crazy because Snes9x is the only core that takes 20 seconds to load a folder; other cores load their respective ROM folders instantly, that's what I don't get. My SDHC card is 32 GB class 10/UHS-1 read, so that shouldn't be the issue.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://gbatemp.net/threads/haxchi-v2-0-a-persistent-wiiu-hack.451071/

It does come with CFW options built into it, and I'm using 2.5.u2, the latest build as of 1/12/17, so all I have to do is hold B during Haxchi boot, but after that, I assume that I load HBL via Mii Maker and then RetroArch. Not having libfat is driving me crazy because Snes9x is the only core that takes 20 seconds to load a folder; other cores load their respective ROM folders instantly, that's what I don't get. My SDHC card is 32 GB class 10/UHS-1 read, so that shouldn't be the issue.

If you want retroarch Libfat speed up at boot you need to install CBHC (thats what I have installed sorry not Haxchi)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want retroarch Libfat speed up at boot you need to install CBHC (thats what I have installed sorry not Haxchi)

I don't want to install as I don't necessarily need it right now per se, it's a bit more risky than Haxchi. :P

haxchi itself works fine enough; it also has all the same patches when holding b and launching haxchi again to enter hbl afterwards.

Thank you for the clarification. ^_^ My apologies..

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: ploggy

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
@ploggy, I got all of them uploaded, but I noticed that you have nice new icons, and I need to update all of the icons on the appstore to the nice ones. You got a link to all the nice icons?

I had to also modify your xml files slightly, like "Game & Watch" to "Game and Watch", so our autogen script didn't choke on it. LOL

MaitreLLD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can also install hbl as a channel. Personally what I do is the following :
- I boot up my Wii U by pressing my Haxchi icon on my Gamepad quickstart menu (I changed my haxhi config file so that just clicking the icon goes back to system menu)
- In the meantime I set my TV on etc, pick my controller etc
- By the time it's all boot up and I can just launch HBL from my channel :)
- ???
- PROFIT

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ploggy, I got all of them uploaded, but I noticed that you have nice new icons, and I need to update all of the icons on the appstore to the nice ones. You got a link to all the nice icons?

I had to also modify your xml files slightly, like "Game & Watch" to "Game and Watch", so our autogen script didn't choke on it. LOL
In Originalhamster's sig there's a icon pack for Retroarch.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/stuck-a...turn-of-the-power-screen.454683/#post-6955492 props to @OriginalHamster for the icons (except the Odyssey one, that's my attempt lol) ;)

Last edited by ploggy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.