Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who exactly is working on these emulator cores anyway?
Is anyone trying to optimise those emulators which fail to run full speed on Vita?
Could be wrong on this but i think the main emulators that get worked on are the pc and android versions of retroarch.

Last edited by cvskid,

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Could be wrong on this but i think the main emulators that get worked on are the pc and android versions of retroarch.

Yep! Main development goes towards desktop (Windows/OSX/GNU) for the most part, with Android on the side.
The other ports we see (Vita, Wii, 3DS, etc...) are handled by other independent programmers; it just so happens the Vita right now is getting the most endorsement of the "dirty" ports.

...Also because the developer who works on 3DS RA lost/damaged his system, so he's been unable to develop/test builds for a while until his new system is delivered.

Last edited by SeongGino,
Reactions: cvskid

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tested on FBA2012. Playable. 35-45fps.
Can you tell me the files inside the rom zip? Because i've tried many sfiii.zip (one that have chd inside, another one that have small numbered files) but when i load zip, retroarch return to menu instead to launch game.

P.S: TGB Dual -> double screen doesn't work. I enable link support, both player on same screen, ask me to restart game -> i restar but game load normally as one player. Unless i missed something, dont know...

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you tell me the files inside the rom zip? Because i've tried many sfiii.zip (one that have chd inside, another one that have small numbered files) but when i load zip, retroarch return to menu instead to launch game.

P.S: TGB Dual -> double screen doesn't work. I enable link support, both player on same screen, ask me to restart game -> i restar but game load normally as one player. Unless i missed something, dont know...

If you search in the usual, obvious, places you'll find sources with the complete FBA rom set as a single download. Those are the ones that will work. Many of the places where you obtain individual games don't supply FBA compatible files.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you search in the usual, obvious, places you'll find sources with the complete FBA rom set as a single download. Those are the ones that will work. Many of the places where you obtain individual games don't supply FBA compatible files.
idk what you mean, or what i need to search. I think a full set of rom would be an immense download... maybe you not broke forum rules if you send me your sfiii.zip in pm :D

abelxcane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me how they transfer roms because I am on Henkaku and having a bit of a hard time. The way I have been transferring them is renaming them to mp4, using qcma to send them over, then renaming them back to what they were and moving them to my roms folder with vitashell. I am hoping that there is a much quicker way than doing this one by one.

lbruckus562

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me how they transfer roms because I am on Henkaku and having a bit of a hard time. The way I have been transferring them is renaming them to mp4, using qcma to send them over, then renaming them back to what they were and moving them to my roms folder with vitashell. I am hoping that there is a much quicker way than doing this one by one.

open vitashell and press select. Download an FTP program for your computer and connect to the vita's ip address.
Very fast and Easy once set up properly.

irishgangsta54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant save files within the gameboy color emulator. when i use the built in game save feature, if i close and reopen, the save file is not there.

Simando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still enjoying these. Particularly SNES / Mega Drive and some MAME Roms. Really hoping for Dos box to work at some point but I have no idea where to even start working on it, so I'll just wait.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to figure out the issue I'm having with the controls freezing up sometimes when I start RetroArch. It seems to clear up when I start a different program, at least temporarily. Not sure why, but hey, any port in a storm!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in...