Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The 2048 core should work now if you select 'Start Core'. It should now also work on Wii, 3DS, PSP, PS3, and any other platform that has statically linked RetroArch.

BTW, unrelated but check out this cool thingie here -

retroarch.com

Runs great on Google Chrome and gives you an insight into how many cores there are for RetroArch and what still remains to be done for Vita.

Last edited by LibretroRetroArc,
Reactions: elmedir

Simando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Simando try today's nightly and let us know if dosbox works ok
I downloaded the nightly from the 12th and ran DosBox. I can now click 'load core' and it'll load a DOS prompt up, but I can't input anything into there using the vita buttons. In addition, if I go to 'load content' and browse to a .exe it does nothing.

I also noticed that I could only browse to certain directories, so had to move my dos files into the 'data' folder. That's not an issue for me, but thought I should mention it.

vault412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VGBA core saving works. (build 9.9.2016).

I'm new to all this, no clue what that means lol. I just used retroarch. I have the snes and Sega Gen emulators installed.

For example when I'm using Snes9x2005, I scroll down to Load Content>select file>ux0:/>retroarch>roms>SNES>super Mario world.zip. I haven't touched any cores, don't even know what they are.

That's all I do to load games. I have no idea how save my progress after I beat a level?

Simando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to all this, no clue what that means lol. I just used retroarch. I have the snes and Sega Gen emulators installed.

For example when I'm using Snes9x2005, I scroll down to Load Content>select file>ux0:/>retroarch>roms>SNES>super Mario world.zip. I haven't touched any cores, don't even know what they are.

That's all I do to load games. I have no idea how save my progress after I beat a level?

To save you go into the menu (both trigger buttons and start and select at the same time) and scroll down to 'save state'. To load it you do the same but go to 'load state'.

hat jr.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having a problem with fceu where the frame rate plummets after a few minutes of play? Seems to happening with all games, too. Goes from running flawlessly to probably 30fps. Oddly enough pulling up the retroarch menu and then resuming the game seems to fix I, but only until the fps tanks again a few minutes later.

Seems like a weird problem, and I don't remember having it in the earliest builds.

Elwood89

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I downloaded the nightly from the 12th and ran DosBox. I can now click 'load core' and it'll load a DOS prompt up, but I can't input anything into there using the vita buttons. In addition, if I go to 'load content' and browse to a .exe it does nothing.

I also noticed that I could only browse to certain directories, so had to move my dos files into the 'data' folder. That's not an issue for me, but thought I should mention it.

Exactly, the core seems to be working, but there is no way of input. I even tried to edit the retroarch .cfg file and assign some letters to buttons for player one, but that did not work either.

Simando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, the core seems to be working, but there is no way of input. I even tried to edit the retroarch .cfg file and assign some letters to buttons for player one, but that did not work either.

I tried the same. I also tried loading content and then loading the core etc etc. Sometimes the Dos prompt then wouldn't load, but no error message or anything useful. It does look like it just needs the virtual keyboard to work or some kind of input and we'd be away.

mindglitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg its getting closer.. the game freezes after the loading screen. then it just shows the c prompt. cant press anything.

2016-09-13-050056.jpg 2016-09-13-050133.jpg 2016-09-13-050226.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol