Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Potentially noob question:
How do I get t gpsp to work (o3ds)

Attachments

• IMG_20160413_235722.jpg
    IMG_20160413_235722.jpg
    567.8 KB · Views: 192

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else have slowdown issues with Final Fantasy 3 on CATSFC with a New3DS and sound enabled? I get down to 40 FPS in some towns/caves with the audio enabled and with it disabled, those same areas will only hit a max of 50 FPS. I tried playing around with settings and tried the other SNES emulators and it didn't help. Is that game just hard to emulate?

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone else have slowdown issues with Final Fantasy 3 on CATSFC with a New3DS and sound enabled? I get down to 40 FPS in some towns/caves with the audio enabled and with it disabled, those same areas will only hit a max of 50 FPS. I tried playing around with settings and tried the other SNES emulators and it didn't help. Is that game just hard to emulate?

PocketSNES should play it at full speed but with sound bugs; From what I remember CATSFC just isn't fast enough. I've been playing the GBA version on gpsp with no issues, though.

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PocketSNES should play it at full speed but with sound bugs; From what I remember CATSFC just isn't fast enough. I've been playing the GBA version on gpsp with no issues, though.

Gotcha thanks for the info. I would have used another method to play it but I wanted to use patches specific to the SNES version and I couldn't get it to convert to VC right. Oh well no big deal.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just grabbed the Latest Build of CIA Cores to see if I can finally run them. Crashes the System. All I get is
RetroArch [INFO] : : port dir: [sdmc:/retroarch/]

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I also tried running the .3dsx Builds as well. CATSFC works fine. However MAME '00 and '03 are both coming up with some Screen saying I have to select a Target. I hit Button A, then the Screen gets weird like I just started up Homebrew Launcher and crashes the System

Edit: OK, so apparently ALL the Cores run correctly EXCEPT the MAME Cores. No matter which Build I use in 3dsx Versions, I keep getting some Error where I have to set a Target. Like there is no set Directory the App can go to in order to start up the Core.

Edit: OK, I need some feedback. Those who are using GW and are able to run the LATEST Builds of RA in the CIA Installers, PM me please. Need to know what GW EmuNAND you are on. As my Signature says, I am on FW 9.2 with EmuNAND at 9.2 using the LATEST GW, but for some reason, I cant run RA via the CIA Installs. Everything comes up, but can NOT do anything. No Buttons, nothing. Latest I am aware of that works is a November 8th Build. 3dsx Builds work..........some anyway as I stated above.

Last edited by Smoker1,

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I also tried running the .3dsx Builds as well. CATSFC works fine. However MAME '00 and '03 are both coming up with some Screen saying I have to select a Target. I hit Button A, then the Screen gets weird like I just started up Homebrew Launcher and crashes the System

Edit: OK, so apparently ALL the Cores run correctly EXCEPT the MAME Cores. No matter which Build I use in 3dsx Versions, I keep getting some Error where I have to set a Target. Like there is no set Directory the App can go to in order to start up the Core.

Edit: OK, I need some feedback. Those who are using GW and are able to run the LATEST Builds of RA in the CIA Installers, PM me please. Need to know what GW EmuNAND you are on. As my Signature says, I am on FW 9.2 with EmuNAND at 9.2 using the LATEST GW, but for some reason, I cant run RA via the CIA Installs. Everything comes up, but can NOT do anything. No Buttons, nothing. Latest I am aware of that works is a November 8th Build. 3dsx Builds work..........some anyway as I stated above.

I run the CIA's on my GW, using 10.7 Emunand. Stable 1.3.3 build. My MAME2000 works fine on most stuff, don't really run 2003 that much. I don't actually have my mame roms setup for .37 or .78 correctly, but I can run games like Black Tiger, Donkey Kong okay.

Reactions: Smoker1

jackkill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau

I tried the Awesome RetroArch for 3DS on gateway emunand 10.7 and all CIAs from the latest stable release seem to work perfectly. Of course I first dumped the sound firmware beforehand and installed the bios backups in the correct folder on the SD. Cheers :-)

Reactions: Smoker1

44100hz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Random question. Currently unable to try it myself, but is there a way to run RetroArch 3ds in Citra? The devs don't have 3ds's, so it could provide a good alley for testing.

EDIT: And um, I'm kind of amazed there's no issue about this on github. Guess I'll cover that.

Last edited by 44100hz,

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hasn't GPSP been crashing since the beginning? You're telling me that the latest stable build of it doesn't crash when switching games, or randomly?

IIRC, even the stable builds has gPSP crashing randomly when playing games, which makes it really hard to make progress if you're always afraid that it'll crash at any point.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I run the CIA's on my GW, using 10.7 Emunand. Stable 1.3.3 build. My MAME2000 works fine on most stuff, don't really run 2003 that much. I don't actually have my mame roms setup for .37 or .78 correctly, but I can run games like Black Tiger, Donkey Kong okay.
So basically Update EmuNAND to 10.7 and the RA CIAs should work normally again? OK. Figured I would need to set up the Internet Access Point eventually. LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4eqTkD6JQw