No 800x240 support in RetroArch on the New 3ds/2ds?

Sweater Fish Del

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know why it hasn't been implemented? It seems to me like a killer feature, especially for systems with 256x240/224 resolution. They could run at an uninterpolated 768x240 (if you didn't mind the stretch, which would look like 1.5:1) or you could have a much, much less blurry 1.33:1.

RetroArch is supposed to be abke to use libctru2, so it should be as easy as setting the GfxWide mode with a switch (under Settings>Video>Scaling, presumably). I guess then the RetroArch UI would also have to be set to double width, too. For emulated content, you could just rely on the Custom or Config scaling modes to get the aspect ratio you want.

Is it just that there's no one at all working on the 3ds port for the past few years?

I admit that I have not even been able to get it to compile, so maybe there's some issues, though there's still 3ds versions available for each new release, so it's just a matter of getting the right build environment. Anyone able?
Post automatically merged:

I should add that apparently 800x240 is supported on the Old 3ds, just not the New. I guess because it was implemented a long time ago?

Too bad most RetroArch cores aren't very playable on the Old systems. QuickNES and gpSP ought to do okay and would both benefit a lot from it, though.

Last edited by Sweater Fish Del,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch