Homebrew RetroArch - A new multi-system emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

4K_future

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried the individual DOL files as well instead of just the boot.dol?

If so, oh well then. It's far too much of a pain to test this again with SDLOAD.

Yeah tested individual .dol(s)

Do you guys accept donations. I am prepared to part fund the acquisition of SD Media Launcher or you could install a Xeno modchip and use a burned image of SD Media Launcher.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also noticed some pallete scrambling is some FBA games, if you want I can pinpoint them for you.

Sure - go ahead.

Hard crash trying to run Drakuna rom, even with a scrambled DSI error screen.

I don't even know what that game is - which system/platform/core?

Cool to see that ALL SFX games run faster, top screen shows ~60fps, wich is great, but also makes me wonder why most control feel sluggish.
noticeable in Doom and vortex I think. Probably related to the CC pro I'm using.

Controls are sluggish because most SuperFX games (except for the 2D-based Yoshi's Island) had really, really bad framerates - and even SNES9x' faster rate isn't helping out much there.

In Doom SNES's case - I believe that game is still not running at fullspeed (I think with Debug Text it reports something like 54-50fps or so). Anyway, I'm reasonably confident I can come up with a speed hack for all of the remaining SuperFX games so that they can run fullspeed like Star Fox 1/Yoshi's Island (even though Yoshi's Island can still dip in for instance level 1-7 when you touch a fuzzy).

Sometimes the the rotation controls get screwed up in the RA settings, not corresponding with the actual output but this is just a minor bug I think.

This is with FBA? I think it tries to 'auto-set' a specific orientation - we might need this to be optional.

Also sometimes the Wiimote can start scrolling by itself in the gui, as is it "hangs". Minor bug for the end user

Yeah, I dunno what is up here. Leaning most likely to wiiuse bug there.

Also there's a 640x480p resolution setting twice.

Can take care of that.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah tested individual .dol(s)

Do you guys accept donations. I am prepared to part fund the acquisition of SD Media Launcher or you could install a Xeno modchip and use a burned image of SD Media Launcher.

I have two Cubes - one of them has a Viper GC (though programming it would be difficult now since I don't have many systems left with a parallel port), the other is unmodded and has to rely on a LAN adapter and Phantasy Star Online (which is a huge pain).

And yes, I might consider 'donations' ONLY for specific fundraising purposes like this - I don't want there to be just a 'big black money hole' that people sink money into and then it ends up paying for tuition fees or going on vacation or any crap like that - I want this to remain fair to both users and to the guys who are working on this project (ie. gathering funds to purchase hardware that we need to continue development is fair in my book but it would be VERY HARD to keep that being fair - plus taking monetary donations is a liability legal-wise).

I think the real problem here with my Cube homebrew right now is this Wiikey SD Gecko' adaptor - it seems to be really finicky and won't work properly in combination with SDLOAD for a great deal of SD cards.

Reactions: Disorarara

4K_future

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have two Cubes - one of them has a Viper GC (though programming it would be difficult now since I don't have many systems left with a parallel port), the other is unmodded and has to rely on a LAN adapter and Phantasy Star Online (which is a huge pain).

And yes, I might consider 'donations' ONLY for specific fundraising purposes like this - I don't want there to be just a 'big black money hole' that people sink money into and then it ends up paying for tuition fees or going on vacation or any crap like that - I want this to remain fair to both users and to the guys who are working on this project (ie. gathering funds to purchase hardware that we need to continue development is fair in my book but it would be VERY HARD to keep that being fair - plus taking monetary donations is a liability legal-wise).

I think the real problem here with my Cube homebrew right now is this Wiikey SD Gecko' adaptor - it seems to be really finicky and won't work properly in combination with SDLOAD for a great deal of SD cards.

Well I for one would like to give something back for your efforts - not just for SDML purchase.

B.B.Link

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank You for the release, guys. This thing definitely brought life back into my Wii for sure

One small thing, Every time I set the screen resolution 640x488p and restart, it goes back to 640x480p for some reason. Also, although FBA cores saves dipswitches(it even saves unlockables in Street Fighter Alpha 3), it doesn't save Hi-scores. Are the two separate srams or something?

Gamecuber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
OK - I'm taking a risk here with this release - normally I can test out Gamecube builds on my 64MB SD card with a Wiikey SD Adapter, but I have lost it and my 512MB SD card is not picked up by SDLOAD.DOL (to add to the chore I also have to go through the Phantasy Star Online exploit everytime). So I have been unable to test this beforehand even though a lot of things got changed. I'm mostly assuming that since the Wii port works, the Gamecube port (being more or less the same code) will also.

So - please let me know if the Gamecube version boots at all (either by launching the cores directly from SWISS or SDLOAD or by trying to launch boot.dol) -

RetroArch GX - Gamecube - v0.9.8.3

http://multiupload.biz/lgs0a2k2jofe/retroarch-gx-gamecube-v0.9.8.3_MultiUpload.biz.zip.html

https://anonfiles.com/file/3e94a116f34cd0ec01c6ced737190351

RetroArch GX - Wii - v0.9.8.3.1 (now with FBACores CPS2/Neo EEPROM fix)

https://anonfiles.com/file/bb9813adc45d025edd26c7741f5fb75b

http://multiupload.biz/gw6us5ux8oko/retroarch-wii-v0.9.8.3.1_MultiUpload.biz.zip.html

ToadKing: go ahead and update the OP with this as well.
I tried it and it was beyond my expection! Even CPS2 games could run at full speed! Though only one game (Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo) could run, others CPS2 games got code dump screen after ROM was loaded. I think they are just too big for Gamecube RAM. I alse tried Nestopia core and it ran super mario 3 perfectly.
FBA core is too big and swiss won't let you boot it. If you could seperate CPS1 drivers out and compile it then we could get a perfect CPS1 emu for Gamecube.
FBA Neo Geo core also works as good as CPS2 core. More small sized games work, but if you want to change one game from another, you have to reset Gamecube, or you will only get black screen after another ROM is loaded. Maybe this bug is related to unclean RAM.
Boot.dol doesn't work and after loaded it with Swiss, only black screen shows.
After all, it shows brilliant prospects to Gamecube fans.
Thank you for your hard work:yaypsp:

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank You for the release, guys. This thing definitely brought life back into my Wii for sure

One small thing, Every time I set the screen resolution 640x488p and restart, it goes back to 640x480p for some reason.

VI resolution changes aren't saved yet. We might do it in the future if it's safe.

Also, although FBA cores saves dipswitches(it even saves unlockables in Street Fighter Alpha 3), it doesn't save Hi-scores. Are the two separate srams or something?

Yeah, they are separate files.

I'll try to debug some more with regards to hiscore files.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried it and it was beyond my expection! Even CPS2 games could run at full speed! Though only one game (Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo) could run, others CPS2 games got code dump screen after ROM was loaded. I think they are just too big for Gamecube RAM. I alse tried Nestopia core and it ran super mario 3 perfectly.
FBA core is too big and swiss won't let you boot it. If you could seperate CPS1 drivers out and compile it then we could get a perfect CPS1 emu for Gamecube.
FBA Neo Geo core also works as good as CPS2 core. More small sized games work, but if you want to change one game from another, you have to reset Gamecube, or you will only get black screen after another ROM is loaded. Maybe this bug is related to unclean RAM.
Boot.dol doesn't work and after loaded it with Swiss, only black screen shows.
After all, it shows brilliant prospects to Gamecube fans.
Thank you for your hard work:yaypsp:

Can I use Swiss with the Phantasy Star Online exploit?

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Your work is incredible and very appreciated, RA is the real killer application on the Wii! (not joking) :D
I'm thinking of buying a PSX/GC or PS/Wii adapter to use my PS Namco Arcade Stick with RA.
You said previously that Wiiflow can be used as a GUI for RA. Is there a guide somewhere on how to achieve that? I'm not a Wiiflow user and don't know how does it work.
Also I'd like to know if using Wiiflow+RA would allow me to set specific rom folders for each core ? (that's the only feature that I feel missing in RA)
Again... Big Thanks dudes! :grog:

aea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK - I'm taking a risk here with this release - normally I can test out Gamecube builds on my 64MB SD card with a Wiikey SD Adapter, but I have lost it and my 512MB SD card is not picked up by SDLOAD.DOL (to add to the chore I also have to go through the Phantasy Star Online exploit everytime). So I have been unable to test this beforehand even though a lot of things got changed. I'm mostly assuming that since the Wii port works, the Gamecube port (being more or less the same code) will also.

So - please let me know if the Gamecube version boots at all (either by launching the cores directly from SWISS or SDLOAD or by trying to launch boot.dol) -

RetroArch GX - Gamecube - v0.9.8.3

http://multiupload.biz/lgs0a2k2jofe/retroarch-gx-gamecube-v0.9.8.3_MultiUpload.biz.zip.html

https://anonfiles.com/file/3e94a116f34cd0ec01c6ced737190351

RetroArch GX - Wii - v0.9.8.3.1 (now with FBACores CPS2/Neo EEPROM fix)

https://anonfiles.com/file/bb9813adc45d025edd26c7741f5fb75b

http://multiupload.biz/gw6us5ux8oko/retroarch-wii-v0.9.8.3.1_MultiUpload.biz.zip.html

ToadKing: go ahead and update the OP with this as well.

God and Trujillo bless you, RetroArc :bow:

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Your work is incredible and very appreciated, RA is the real killer application on the Wii! (not joking) :D
I'm thinking of buying a PSX/GC or PS/Wii adapter to use my PS Namco Arcade Stick with RA.
You said previously that Wiiflow can be used as a GUI for RA. Is there a guide somewhere on how to achieve that? I'm not a Wiiflow user and don't know how does it work.
Also I'd like to know if using Wiiflow+RA would allow me to set specific rom folders for each core ? (that's the only feature that I feel missing in RA)
Again... Big Thanks dudes! :grog:
With WiiFlow's plugin system u can set specific rom folders to launch your games with RA. U can even use a source menu (optional) which lets u click on a small icon of the system and all the games for that specific system will show up.

There is wiiflowiki site for all your WiiFlow needs and if u need a helping hand come by the WiiFlow thread I can help u set up what you're looking for.

Gamecuber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Can I use Swiss with the Phantasy Star Online exploit?
I think you can. I don't need to use the Phantasy Star Online exploit because my 2 Gamecubes are modded, one with Wiikey Fusion and another with Viper. Both Swiss and SD-load plugin for Viper works with RA.
I saw you have Cave and psikyo fbacores on your resource page, why not compile them for Gamecube? Single core is small and very suitable for Gamecube.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Doom SNES's case - I believe that game is still not running at fullspeed (I think with Debug Text it reports something like 54-50fps or so).

Speaking of this game, is it possible to fix the graphics glitches with it too (sprinkly dots and semi transparent enemies)?

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Speaking of this game, is it possible to fix the graphics glitches with it too (sprinkly dots and semi transparent enemies)?

That's SNES9x I'm afraid - even in the latest version the very same SuperFX glitches are still there - there's also another glitch in Stunt Race FX that you can see in the level select menu screen. Only bsnes emulates those games correctly without graphics glitches it seems.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think you can. I don't need to use the Phantasy Star Online exploit because my 2 Gamecubes are modded, one with Wiikey Fusion and another with Viper. Both Swiss and SD-load plugin for Viper works with RA.
I saw you have Cave and psikyo fbacores on your resource page, why not compile them for Gamecube? Single core is small and very suitable for Gamecube.

Most of those Cave and Psikyo roms are big though.

CPS1 is feasible though as a separate core (BTW - you mean to tell me there's no way to run Capcom CPS1 games on a Gamecube as of now?)

Tuddles

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With WiiFlow's plugin system u can set specific rom folders to launch your games with RA. U can even use a source menu (optional) which lets u click on a small icon of the system and all the games for that specific system will show up.

There is wiiflowiki site for all your WiiFlow needs and if u need a helping hand come by the WiiFlow thread I can help u set up what you're looking for.
your link is broken 400 page not there ect. I find wiiflow setup very confussing ect with all the magic numbers emulated nand ect. any way you can upload a package simple to use for all emulaotrs on it and such so I just need to drop in my cheats for certin emu and the roms and covers and go go go on vwii ?

Gamecuber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Most of those Cave and Psikyo roms are big though.

CPS1 is feasible though as a separate core (BTW - you mean to tell me there's no way to run Capcom CPS1 games on a Gamecube as of now?)
No, you can run GC-linux to play CPS1 games on Gamecube with MAME, but the speed is very, very terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.