Homebrew RetroArch - A new multi-system emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are there any video options toggled on that should be set to off, like the rewind option? Should be fine on an NES core but I know it caused serious slowdown for me in the past on Megadrive games when I had it on by accident.

No it's all set the way it should.
I;ll try changing the folder structure, but I doubt it will help....
Strangest is, it's exactly the PAL video speed....

Are there any setting saved on roms played if I were to change video setting on the actual Wii?
Would RA revert to previous settings stored on NAND?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any video options toggled on that should be set to off, like the rewind option? Should be fine on an NES core but I know it caused serious slowdown for me in the past on Megadrive games when I had it on by accident.

Same, I remember having rewind on and slowed Snes games pretty badly.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I ll do a HDD check just to be certain, there could be some 0byte files on there...
Lots of ROMS, all catagorized to region, version, hacks, laguage etc.
For all systemcores.

Might oppose a problem for RA?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe a quick mock rom folder with a few files about 2 or 3 sub-folders deep, check that out. If not I dunno wtf is going on lol, either way I'm NTSC only so can't even attempt to reproduce the issue, sorry.

SUCCES!!!!

The folder structure was the problem!

I had a naming convention that made my folders show in sequence like this : [1] foldername,[2] foldername etc, etc
I also had folders dow as far a 5 to 7 levels.

I removed the [1] etc and moved all folder 2 levels up.

Still a weird bug to come by, but that probably me ,lol!

Reactions: the_randomizer

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe a quick mock rom folder with a few files about 2 or 3 sub-folders deep, check that out. If not I dunno wtf is going on lol, either way I'm NTSC only so can't even attempt to reproduce the issue, sorry.

It's fixed but you can probably reproduce this as I completely region changed my Wii to NTSCU and still had the problem.
Weird bug, but I will probably be the only one having this because of my structering.

A note though: the standalone emus did not have a problem with my folder structure.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn man 7 & 5 are my lucky numbers and u sure went in DEEP! lol, I'm sure u had a pretty extensive thorough archiving system by the sound of it, so now maybe you have to redo it? Hopefully it's not too much work. Take heed peoples, imagine going in 7x harder than we do in all things haha :P

Reactions: Hielkenator

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SUCCES!!!!

The folder structure was the problem!

I had a naming convention that made my folders show in sequence like this : [1] foldername,[2] foldername etc, etc
I also had folders dow as far a 5 to 7 levels.

I removed the [1] etc and moved all folder 2 levels up.

Still a weird bug to come by, but that probably me ,lol!

That's one helluva weird issue, never thought folder hierarchy could that lol :P :rofl2: I'm weird in that I stick them all into a single ROM directory, sure, it's messy, but I don't want a headache lol

Reactions: Hielkenator

edwardbirkholz05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a gutter trash scene anyway that never went anywhere, that takes pride in ripping off GPL sourcecode bases and locking them up in private repos, kisses each other's backside, wallows in self-superiority over stupid shit like reversing GC SDKs (as per that previous guy's own admissions), calls that a "homebrew legal SDK" for donkey's years.

Yeah, you are a real 'genius' right if you can run stolen 'illegal SDKs' through IDA Pro - uhuh. You are an even "greater genius" if you can rip off a GPL'ed N64 codebase, run off with your code changes, put them in a private repo and have the Wii scene suck your dick asking for scraps for years. And none of these mighty chickenshit devs - the Jacobeains, the Wiimpathys - say jack shit about it for years. And the really 'bad thing' about it is that you want to make a big stink and big "morality play" out of "hating pirates" when that is what you do in private. I don't mind the act - I dislike the dishonesty and the hypocrisy.

Know what the Wii scene is? It's a glorified 'piracy scene' - you distribute the 'nice stuff' amongst your little knitting circle, and you give the leftover scraps (such as the asm2cc'ed GC SDK) to the 'public'. It's pretty much a similar bullshit scene as the PS3 and 360 scenes were.

Good thing these console scenes are pretty much over and finished now with iOS and Android. We no longer need to deal with your lot.
I think the real hypocrisy here is that someone who scooped up a bunch of GPL emulators made by other people, slapped together a half-assed reimplementation of SDL and relabelled the whole lot under their own brand name somehow thinks he's the best thing that ever happened and has the right to shit on all the people who made it possible in the first place. If he really hated dishonesty so much he'd admit he's picking on the Wii64 guys because he's butthurt about not being able to include their emulator in his collection, which isn't illegal at all because they've never distributed any builds based on their unpublished changes.

Reactions: megazig

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys come on we're on a run of trying to say fuck dat shit XD, just let it be. Can u take it to PM just to keep the thread clean? We're not for one or the other. Obviously u guys are clashing on differences that we're not on the same level about, and really we don't want to be a part of that here, please no more animosity. If u feel offended by who said what just take it privately I beg of u.

Let's not start another page of hostile differences please :(

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the real hypocrisy here is that someone who scooped up a bunch of GPL emulators made by other people, slapped together a half-assed reimplementation of SDL and relabelled the whole lot under their own brand name somehow thinks he's the best thing that ever happened and has the right to shit on all the people who made it possible in the first place. If he really hated dishonesty so much he'd admit he's picking on the Wii64 guys because he's butthurt about not being able to include their emulator in his collection, which isn't illegal at all because they've never distributed any builds based on their unpublished changes.
Name one of the cores we "relabelled". We always use the original emulator names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...