ROM Hack [REQUEST] Someone interested in making a Translation of "Daigyakuten Saiban"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPiiCx5587

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Forgive me if this has been covered already, but arn't you guys going to need voice actors for this game? If you don't have any already I volunteer.

Gazelle_Bro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So all the voice work is going to stay Japanese, and the only thing that'll be translated is the text?
That's what he said. All they're doing is translating the game into English. It would take a helluva lot of work to put new voice clips in for everyone.

Pottty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Guys, I know you all want to help, I appreciate it, really, but please don't volunteer until we actually tell you, that we need people for something.
If and when we need help, we'll ask for it!

Also, there is no point to open another thread until we actually release something, we will open it when it's time.

Also #2, no there will be no english voice acting in the initial release (I don't even know if it's even possible to modify the voice files).
I may look into the technical side later, but directing it would be a pain in the ass, there are quite a bit of dialogues and monologues in this game.

And in the end: I'm in the fan translation business for almost 6 years now, so rest assured, we know what we're doing!

betaflame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I know you all want to help, I appreciate it, really, but please don't volunteer until we actually tell you, that we need people for something.

Also, there is no point to open another thread until we actually release something, we will open it when it's time.

Also #2, no there will be no english voice acting in the initial release (I don't even know if it's even possible to modify the voice files).
I may look into the technical side later, but directing it would be a pain in the ass, there are quite a bit of dialogues and monologues in this game.

And in the end: I'm in the fan translation business for almost 6 years now, so rest assured, we know what we're doing!
Thanks!

So are we just going to hang out in this thread, or is there somewhere else more organized we should all migrate to? (like court-records)

BroBuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this has already been asked, but do you guys plan on doing a straight translation (e.g. keeping the Japanese names), or a full on localization (e.g. changing all the names to English)? A full localization would suit the game far better than a straight translation seeing as every single other Ace Attorney game has adopted for a complete localization.

Pottty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm sure this has already been asked, but do you guys plan on doing a straight translation (e.g. keeping the Japanese names), or a full on localization (e.g. changing all the names to English)? A full localization would suit the game far better than a straight translation seeing as every single other Ace Attorney game has adopted for a complete localization.
It's going to be a translation first, that's for sure. After that, who knows?

nikkuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if this thread is dead or going anywhere or what, but I am fluent in Japan and I have played through the game, so I would be willing to help with translations.

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know if this thread is dead or going anywhere or what, but I am fluent in Japan and I have played through the game, so I would be willing to help with translations.
That would be nice. Did you like the game? No spoilers, of course

mujie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you ever thought

It would be nice to have something open even before a release. GK2 had an entire sub-forum dedicated to it. Discussions for the technical side, etc. And they had a number of different teams working on it. You said there was only one person working on translations I think, but what the GK2 team did (it should be possible to do that here, shouldn't it?) was separate the text into different files and had different people working on each file. Of course, you'd still need a different person/team checking the whole thing to make sure it works/proof-read, etc. But it was brilliantly organised. There were translators, proof readers, those who worked on the technical side and people like me who worked on "inserting the text". Each group was as important as the other and especially with the text inserters, you can have dozens of them, and there's no duty to stay as there's other people who can take over the job for them.

I know you guys say you don't need more people, and I can't speak for that since we don't know anything. I think the in-group discussions would be best left in the open. One of the reasons the GK2 translation did so well was that all you had to do was make an account and you could see all the discussions and everything. With one thread, there's a lot less openness.

And at the very least, only having 1 translator would be incredibly draining on him (or her), and having a group of translators would be great as long as you can keep it consistent and not trolly (which would be pretty easy). And I have no doubt that loads of people would want to help translate, but you guys are saying you don't need help and seem to have found people, started work on it, and figured everything out without telling anyone else...

So yeah. That's just my opinion on it. I think you guys are doing a really great thing, just that it would be even more awesome if you trusted us enough to be more open.

BroBuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever thought

It would be nice to have something open even before a release. GK2 had an entire sub-forum dedicated to it. Discussions for the technical side, etc. And they had a number of different teams working on it. You said there was only one person working on translations I think, but what the GK2 team did (it should be possible to do that here, shouldn't it?) was separate the text into different files and had different people working on each file. Of course, you'd still need a different person/team checking the whole thing to make sure it works/proof-read, etc. But it was brilliantly organised. There were translators, proof readers, those who worked on the technical side and people like me who worked on "inserting the text". Each group was as important as the other and especially with the text inserters, you can have dozens of them, and there's no duty to stay as there's other people who can take over the job for them.

I know you guys say you don't need more people, and I can't speak for that since we don't know anything. I think the in-group discussions would be best left in the open. One of the reasons the GK2 translation did so well was that all you had to do was make an account and you could see all the discussions and everything. With one thread, there's a lot less openness.

And at the very least, only having 1 translator would be incredibly draining on him (or her), and having a group of translators would be great as long as you can keep it consistent and not trolly (which would be pretty easy). And I have no doubt that loads of people would want to help translate, but you guys are saying you don't need help and seem to have found people, started work on it, and figured everything out without telling anyone else...

So yeah. That's just my opinion on it. I think you guys are doing a really great thing, just that it would be even more awesome if you trusted us enough to be more open.
Going to word this post. The AAI2 fan translation was fucking fantastic impart because of how organized and open to feedback it was.

bzlai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome to see that there is a lot of discussion going on about hopefully getting a translation of Dai Gyakuten Saiban! Is there a main thread/page to follow the progress or is this it? I only ask because the OP seems to have been banned and there wasn't much information on the first page.

Pottty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Awesome to see that there is a lot of discussion going on about hopefully getting a translation of Dai Gyakuten Saiban! Is there a main thread/page to follow the progress or is this it? I only ask because the OP seems to have been banned and there wasn't much information on the first page.
This is it, for now. We will have our own when we release the first episode.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't help with translation, but I volunteer for any menial work that can help this project and can be done without japanese knowledge

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys! I was looking up to see if someone had already started a project in this game since I helped in the GK2 betatesting process and it's nice to see that the Ace Attorney fans are coming up together again in order to make another translation/localization of a game in this amazing series!

I would like to help out but I see that you guys are only gonna start recruiting people when you actually need them and since I was just a betatester in the last project I don't think I can be of much help for now.

But one advice that I can actually give you guys in regards to the GK2 project was that we used PBWorks to organize the text into different sections and that'd help out a lot in giving translators the liberty to choose which sections they would traduce as well as it'd help when a betatester was to find an specific mistake in the in-game text.

Anyway I wish you guys luck in this first part of the project and if I can be of any help just try and message me. I am still new at GBAtemp but I'll do my best to look it up every time I have the chance.

Here is for another round of OBJECTION!'s in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols