Replacement M3 Lite firmware?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by hankchill, Jan 2, 2008.

1. hankchill
    OP

hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Nov 5, 2005
    Canada
    Outer Space
    Hey All,

Has anyone heard of or seen a replacement firmware for the M3 Lite MicroSD? The current M3 firmware is the clunkiest and slowest piece of junk ever. To scroll down a list with the D-pad creates a 1 second delay, and is not very responsive. Doesn't help with cheat lists either, especially when scrolling through a large list.

Also, I want to get rid of the 'A button for Quickload'. Quickload does absolutely nothing, if I load a GBA game with the A button, it'll just crash the system. I have to press start, which is dumb because I forget a lot of the times to do so, and press A by instinct.

Anyone have any suggestions or a replacement firmware? I thought this was supposed to be 'the best'?

--Henry

2. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    I remember reading a while ago that the cause for the loading with A button was a slow micro SD (read this while ago when I had a Sandisk 2GB).

I don't think there is a replacement firmware available.

3. Brainy142

Brainy142 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2007
    Canada
    try defrag and format (NOT WITH WINDOWS BUILT IN!!!) then put files back on.

I think you can use windows defrag but not wondows format

4. hankchill
    OP

hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Nov 5, 2005
    Canada
    Outer Space
    Thanks for the responses, doing anything to the card will still not help the fact that scrolling through the list of games is incredibly painful.