Replacement M3 Lite firmware?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by hankchill, Jan 2, 2008.

Jan 2, 2008

Replacement M3 Lite firmware? by hankchill at 1:02 AM (1,213 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. hankchill
    OP

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Hey All,

Has anyone heard of or seen a replacement firmware for the M3 Lite MicroSD? The current M3 firmware is the clunkiest and slowest piece of junk ever. To scroll down a list with the D-pad creates a 1 second delay, and is not very responsive. Doesn't help with cheat lists either, especially when scrolling through a large list.

Also, I want to get rid of the 'A button for Quickload'. Quickload does absolutely nothing, if I load a GBA game with the A button, it'll just crash the system. I have to press start, which is dumb because I forget a lot of the times to do so, and press A by instinct.

Anyone have any suggestions or a replacement firmware? I thought this was supposed to be 'the best'?

--Henry

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I remember reading a while ago that the cause for the loading with A button was a slow micro SD (read this while ago when I had a Sandisk 2GB).

I don't think there is a replacement firmware available.

3. Brainy142

Member Brainy142 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    try defrag and format (NOT WITH WINDOWS BUILT IN!!!) then put files back on.

I think you can use windows defrag but not wondows format

4. hankchill
    OP

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Thanks for the responses, doing anything to the card will still not help the fact that scrolling through the list of games is incredibly painful.