Hacking replace sysNAND with backed up sysNAND before System Transfer

ryanjf97

not long now...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tried transferring from my standard N3DS to my N3DSXL, and something messed up after the transfer "finished"
Could I put the sysNAND (with all my streetpass data) back onto the N3DS and then try the transfer again? Or, better yet, can I extract my streetpass data (mostly puzzle pieces)

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: forgot to mention that they're both Gateway exploited, and I've only got 1 Gateway.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to transfer with one GW. During the transfer you do receive an error, but this should be because your 3DS was able to connect to wifi - During this phase you need to turn off wifi or unplug your router. Once you get past that you can re-connect to the internet to finish the transfer. It's all in the guide right here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-to-emunand-system-transfer-sucessful.378549/

ryanjf97

not long now...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You should be able to transfer with one GW. During the transfer you do receive an error, but this should be because your 3DS was able to connect to wifi - During this phase you need to turn off wifi or unplug your router. Once you get past that you can re-connect to the internet to finish the transfer. It's all in the guide right here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-to-emunand-system-transfer-sucessful.378549/

yeah, I know that now, but it's no help to my question. I've already tried a system transfer and then when it didn't work I re-formatted the emuNAND.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I know that now, but it's no help to my question. I've already tried a system transfer and then when it didn't work I re-formatted the emuNAND.

The only way to restore your original sysNAND after a format is with a hardware mod. It sounds like the transfer would have worked so I'm not sure why you formatted your emuNAND. Now your ticket titles and all that are messed up. You might be able to contact Nintendo to see if the transfer worked to your new system, but you would lose all of your puzzle pieces. Honestly I would just set up a homepass and get them all again, won't take that long with that and playcoinsetter installed.

Reactions: ryanjf97

ryanjf97

not long now...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The only way to restore your original sysNAND after a format is with a hardware mod. It sounds like the transfer would have worked so I'm not sure why you formatted your emuNAND. Now your ticket titles and all that are messed up. You might be able to contact Nintendo to see if the transfer worked to your new system, but you would lose all of your puzzle pieces. Honestly I would just set up a homepass and get them all again, won't take that long with that and playcoinsetter installed.

yeah, I ended up just restarting everything.
I'd love to set up a homepass but my modem doesn't support dd-wrt :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Hey, VSauce. Where are your fingers?