Hacking [RELEASES] Eshop Spoof & Region Free for PastaCFW

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello all, I'm here to share with you 2 homebrews that i've developed today.

Ygw Eshop Spoofer (Allows you to enter eshop being on SYSNand<9.7 on both O3DS and N3DS 9.0~9.2)

Instructions:

Boot into PastaCFW, install the CIA with FBI or your preferred CIA installer, run it and press A, then just use eshop normally, it will not prompt for an update.

Download
Github Repo

Ygw Free Region Title Loader (Allows you to play games from allregions on both N3DS and O3DS, must work in any firmware compatible with PastaCFW)

Instructions:

Boot into PastaCFW, install the CIA with FBI or your preferred CIA installer, put the game into the console, run ygw free region title and press A, the console will reboot directly into the game.

Download
Github Repo

P.S.1. YGW stands for "Y a Gateway!?"
P.S.2. I have plans on injecting this 2 capabilities directly inside pastacfw and make them automatic, maybe capito27 or AlbertoSONIC can work with me for doing it.

Enjoy. Feel free to send pull requests.

Long live for the open source community.

Thanks to:
I'll list the thanks tomorrow as there are so many people and i have to sleep now.

And f*** those who keeps their work just for themselves and use it just for showing off and give false hope to others... You know who I'm talking 'bout...

Nice work, but wouldn't it be better to patch the cfw to be region free instead of having a separate loader that just does what DevMenu does?

Reactions: Margen67 and SLiV3R

felipejfc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nice work, but wouldn't it be better to patch the cfw to be region free instead of having a separate loader that just does what DevMenu does?

Sure, it would be better, if I discover a way for doing that I'll send a pull-request into pastacfw repo... I think it may be just a little patch in the home process.

Reactions: Margen67 and SLiV3R

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Sure, it would be better, if I discover a way for doing that I'll send a pull-request into pastacfw repo... I think it may be just a little patch in the home process.

I may sound like a total ignorant, but can you patch home process (or for the matter any process) through Brahma (ARM9 environment) ?

Reactions: Margen67

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I think the function Home Menu uses to read the icon/check the region lock would be in one of these, but I don't really see anything that's obviously related.
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Application_Manager_Services
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/NS_and_APT_Services
Either patching the home menu to ignore the region lock, or patch the related function so that it always returns 0x7FFFFFFF would work.

There's a lot of information on the Home Menu boot process here.
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Home_Menu#Home_Menu_startup
It doesn't specifically mention where the banner is read or where the region lock is checked though.

felipejfc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I may sound like a total ignorant, but can you patch home process (or for the matter any process) through Brahma (ARM9 environment) ?

I'm still studying that bit I think that no, we have to inject ARM11 code through ARM9...
Or create a .3dsx and call it somehow using firm launch arguments

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
pasta cfw is nicer than pbt. but, now, we need cubic ninja to launch pasta.
That's OK.....

--------------------------------

Just tested that this app doesn't work on MT-card emuNAND 9.4.0-21J.
It can be installed and executed. But after applied the spoof, the e-shop still reminds me updating firmware.

NewWorldOrder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
process patching from arm9 is not a trivial task i'd say. maybe the pasta cfw can be modified to set firm launch parameters in a way so that your CIA application will automatically be launched after reboot/firmlaunch. see http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/FIRM#FIRM_Launch_Parameters

"The FIRM-launch parameters structure is located at FCRAM+0, size 0x1000-bytes."
we're talking physical addresses in arm9 context here. so this should be 0x23000000.

0x440 0x10 Titleinfo structure, used by NS during NS startup, to launch the specified title when the below flag is set.
0x460 0x4 Bit0: 0 = titleinfo structure isn't set, 1 = titleinfo structure is set.

get title id of your process patching application and make arm9 code of pasta cfw (loader.bin) set the above fields at offset 0x440 and 0x460. didnt try myself but should be worth a shot.
sth like
memcpy((void *)0x23000440, &titleinfo, sizeof(titleinfo));
*(u32 *)0x23000460 |= 1;

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1