Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Lord_Kimbou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! I have a little question ... I'm trying to inject "Dragon's Lair Trilogy" on a Pal wii u .. I see on the wiki, and no people have managed to inject it on Pal wii u .. It'll probably be impossible, but I need to try ..
I always obtain the same error, blue screen with "Invalid tv format" text.
First I thought in a problem with video, I change options several times but nothing..
And now I do a stupid test.. I only change region with "RegionFrii", and I try to run iso with Dolphin, and "voila" the problem became again with no video change, exactly the same of wii u.. It's posible than this game have a "USA Region" protection and when detect a "Pal System" the game stop working????

Pd: The Iso game it's ok, it's working without any change on "usb loader gx" with "force ntsc" option..

gbafox

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm unable to make this program convert anything (Wii or GC) above ±1GB, as it always freezes near the end of the process (when it's still 'writing', before it's 'encrypting') and forces me to close it. The computer is running Windows 10, has 4GB of RAM and about 150GB free space on the hard drive, so I have no idea why it doesn't want to work.

Edit: oh, turns out it just says it's frozen but it's actually still working and does eventually finish the process. False alarm.

Thank you for reporting the bugs. Please try version mod10, I hope this will solve your problem. If it can't, please let me know.

Reactions: jeannotte

Robinwilliams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to fix this error? 'C:\Users\olive\AppData\Local\Temp\WiiVCInjector\SOURCETEMP\ISOEXTRACT'.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does anyone know how to solve this error? Part of the path is missing C:\Users\olive\AppData\Local\Temp\WiiVCInjector\SOURCETEMP\ISOEXTRACT'

McMagno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi forum! I am pretty new to WiiU modding so apologise for my ignorance. I am trying the WiiU VC injector to play Gamecube games. I tried to convert an iso which correctly works if I run it from Nintendont (I mean putting the iso under the correct path as specified by Nintendont instructions, of course I can't use WiiU gamepad) but when I tried to convert the same iso to inject it using the VC, I only get a WiiU reboot. I could convert the iso using the WIIU VC Injector (v 3.01), install it using the WUPGX2 installer, I can see the game in the home menu. When I launch it, I can see the WII boot screen, then I can see the first Nintendont screen (autoboot is on), where I can read "Memory card file creation failed" (not the exact message, but this is the meaning) and then the console reboots. Wondering if anyone has already experienced such kind of behavior. (I was looking for the "search" function on the thread but I couldn't find it, apologise if this has already been asked/sorted out). Thanks a lot. Max.

PS: my WiiU is modded using Haxci from 5.5.4E original firmware. I am not using HBC cold boot, so my WiiU starts from the system menu where I can run Haxchi

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi forum! I am pretty new to WiiU modding so apologise for my ignorance. I am trying the WiiU VC injector to play Gamecube games. I tried to convert an iso which correctly works if I run it from Nintendont (I mean putting the iso under the correct path as specified by Nintendont instructions, of course I can't use WiiU gamepad) but when I tried to convert the same iso to inject it using the VC, I only get a WiiU reboot. I could convert the iso using the WIIU VC Injector (v 3.01), install it using the WUPGX2 installer, I can see the game in the home menu. When I launch it, I can see the WII boot screen, then I can see the first Nintendont screen (autoboot is on), where I can read "Memory card file creation failed" (not the exact message, but this is the meaning) and then the console reboots. Wondering if anyone has already experienced such kind of behavior. (I was looking for the "search" function on the thread but I couldn't find it, apologise if this has already been asked/sorted out). Thanks a lot. Max.

PS: my WiiU is modded using Haxci from 5.5.4E original firmware. I am not using HBC cold boot, so my WiiU starts from the system menu where I can run Haxchi

So..."Memory card file creation failed" huh?

Did you remember to create a config file for Nintendont in the SD Card Menu and enable Memory Card Emulation?

Nintendont SD Card Menu.png

McMagno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Did you remember to create a config file for Nintendont in the SD Card Menu and enable Memory Card Emulation?

View attachment 206302

Thanks a lot for looking into this first of all. I think I did it, but today I will doublecheck and let you know. For sure I created the config file and copied it to the root of the SD, just not recalling if I enabled the save options.

Thanks a lot again, stay tuned!

McMagno

McMagno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

View attachment 206302

Yes, I did it again, to be on the safe side. I have checked the "Memory Card Emulation" toggle and the new nintendont cfg file was written on the root of my SD Card, but still, the problem was the same. First the error about creating the memory card on the nintendont screen, then the reboot to the WIIU home menu. Is there any other option I should flag based on your experience guys? Thanks a lot!
McMagno

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Yes, I did it again, to be on the safe side. I have checked the "Memory Card Emulation" toggle and the new nintendont cfg file was written on the root of my SD Card, but still, the problem was the same. First the error about creating the memory card on the nintendont screen, then the reboot to the WIIU home menu. Is there any other option I should flag based on your experience guys? Thanks a lot!
McMagno

Hmm...That's interesting. Have you tried with any other GC games to see if the same issue arises? And exactly what game are you getting the error with?

denpanosekai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question about the Nintendont compatibility list
Many games have "needs custom patch" as a comment related to widescreen. For example, Wario's World says: "Needs Custom Patch to Fix Clipping."

What does that mean exactly? Where is this fabled custom patch, and how do I apply it?

Does anyone know how to fix this error? 'C:\Users\olive\AppData\Local\Temp\WiiVCInjector\SOURCETEMP\ISOEXTRACT'.

In my experience this means you tried to use an nkit.iso rather than a "real" ISO. Make sure to run gcverify to check the redump matches.

Last edited by denpanosekai,

McMagno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hmm...That's interesting. Have you tried with any other GC games to see if the same issue arises? And exactly what game are you getting the error with?

I tried with two images I found already prepped to be installed using WUPGX2 on the internet (namely Red Faction 2 & Virtual Striker 2) and I have converted my own Mario Tennis ISO, which works if I use Nintendont without injecting the game with Virtual Console.

When I enabled the Memory Card Emulation I left the default number of blocks (59).

Thanks again!
Cheers
McMagno

Nzoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I can't provide the main.dol because it's copyright material I prepared a folder to simple patch.

Note it only applies to the USA version of the game (I tried DCKR v1.01)
What it patch: Y=run, B=jump, ZR=blow/stomp
  1. Open your ISO with WiiScrubber
  2. In DATA partition look for main.dol file, right click extract and save it on DKRC CC patch folder
  3. In the DKRC CC patch folder open apply_patch.bat
  4. With the main.dol patched go to WiiScrubber again, select main.dol right click replace and select the patched main.dol
  5. ???
  6. Profit
Now you can inject your shiny new DKRC with gamepad support :P

The patcher .exe is part of @Wiimm tools, and the .gct code is from @crediar so I don't take credit on that.

Help please for a noob, when applying the patch it tells me that cygwin1.dll is missing, look for it and put it in the same folder and it still doesn't run.

Zeldafan1022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering, since im pretty worried about this, Is it completely save to install the gamecube inject to the nand? Theres no usb I really have right now so its my only option

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just wondering, since im pretty worried about this, Is it completely save to install the gamecube inject to the nand? Theres no usb I really have right now so its my only option
Hello,

you know that the black Wii U only has 32 GB of internal memory?

and the white Wii U only has 8 GB of internal memory.

so you know you can't put a lot of games on this memory.

I recommend an external hard drive in the future (Wii U format), to have a nice collection of games.

badhoven

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everybody,

thanks for all the great work and help you all provide!
Maybe somebody can help me too, I also have problems getting gamecube injects to work.
I have a european black WiiU, 5.4.4E with Haxchi and Mocha. I also have vWii hacked and currently start my Wii and GC games using usbloader gx from the vWii. I now would like to put those games directly on my WiiU menu and USB drive.

I tried injecting my Mario Kart Double Dash (EUR). The image runs in nintendont from the vWii. Injection built finished successfully. I also could install the game with WUPinstaller. However, when I start the game, the screen turns black, the disc drive makes some seeking noises, and then nothing. I can't even shutoff the WiiU, I have to pull the plug.

I also tried Rogue Squadron II and III, with the same result. Again, the images work with nintendont from vWii with usbloader, so it's not an image issue.

Can somebody give me pointers what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks again!

Reactions: jeannotte

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the disc drive makes some seeking noises, and then nothing. I can't even shutoff the WiiU, I have to pull the plug.
Hello ,

Never do this, you risk damaging your wii U, just keep pressing the Power button, it will turn off by itself.

What is your USB support?

If it is a usb ==> key to avoid (often black screen or does not start), prefer an external hard drive and you will have better results.

Zeldafan1022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

you know that the black Wii U only has 32 GB of internal memory?

and the white Wii U only has 8 GB of internal memory.

so you know you can't put a lot of games on this memory.

I recommend an external hard drive in the future (Wii U format), to have a nice collection of games.

Ya, I have a black wii u, Have 11 gigs of storage left, and theres not a lot of games I want (for now anyway)

I was just asking cuz I heard about installing to nand bricking your wii u if it fails or something, or that its just not recommended. But ill try since it seems a little unlikely. Thanks anyway

badhoven

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello ,
If it is a usb ==> key to avoid (often black screen or does not start), prefer an external hard drive and you will have better results.

Thanks for the tipp. I indeed used a USB thumb drive. I changed it to a USB disk drive, with external power supply. Unfortunately, the same error still remains.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was just asking cuz I heard about installing to nand bricking your wii u if it fails or something, or that its just not recommended.

Afaik the recommended procedure if you want to have your games on NAND is to install to a USB drive and then move to NAND using the built in memory management. If sth. goes wrong during installation you might be left with orphaned wads and fragments which take up storage and are hard to get rid of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum