Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was it a rip of your own making or did you obtain it elsewhere? Because i've gone through 2 US copies and the EUR version so idk what's wrong
Holy hell.. You're right! I must have run a different copy I had installed already that masked the WUP install I just did.
I deleted it and installed afresh my WUP copy and I get an icon with ??? on it and it won't boot.
The sizes of some of the .app file are different.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Was it a rip of your own making or did you obtain it elsewhere? Because i've gone through 2 US copies and the EUR version so idk what's wrong

Just stating some obvious things:

Game Title Name:
Make sure your using "and" and not "&" when your naming this game prior to building? The WiiU doesn't like "&" in the game name and you will get a ??? game icon on the WiiU Menu.

ISO:
Make sure your ISO are good dumps, below are some details for USA and EUR version of this game:

GHQE7D - The Simpsons: Hit & Run (USA)
CRC:
da7ce8df
MD5: 1e40a2405da61fa5ea7f2487a99439ea
SHA1: 71648c53f19135ef006cb583628d52027df6fba8

GHQP7D - The Simpsons: Hit & Run (EUR)
CRC:
fcff3d0a
MD5: f9a01088d2bac7e48af3b69f63f62174
SHA1: 0194c084858eb6b490feb034bcea9c0485808b35

You can download some free apps to find either of the CRC, MD5 or SHA1 info to check against the files you downloaded.

Are your ISO files the FULL SIZE (1.4gb) or the decompressed/shrunken ISO's (around 930MB)?

Added Info:
If your inject is the correct size and is showing the game icon on the WiiU menu, but still boots to black screen, try deleting the memory card save file on the SD CARD:
Search for these two memory save files at:
SD CARD\saves\GHQE.raw <= This is the USA version
SD CARD\saves\GHQP.raw <= This is the EUR version

Make sure you have the latest Nintendont version on your SD CARD, click HERE to grab the latest version, scroll down to Quick Installation.

Last edited by xs4all,

Murlocking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I see what you might be doing wrong now... did you select GC Injection ?
Also, check the second page if you don't have second disk already in there from a previous game.

Then, click the Nintendont menu in the injector and download/copy files to SD and do the same thing for the .config.
If you can and probably should, start with a fresh SD with only useful files and delete previous 'Nintendont' files.

EDIT: Other guy has a good point, make sure it doesn't use any special symbols in the filename.

Last edited by Murlocking,

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I see what you might be doing wrong now... did you select GC Injection ?
Also, check the second page if you don't have second disk already in there from a previous game.

Then, click the Nintendont menu in the injector and download/copy files to SD and do the same thing for the .config.
If you can and probably should, start with a fresh SD with only useful files and delete previous 'Nintendont' files.

EDIT: Other guy has a good point, make sure it doesn't use any special symbols in the filename.
Yeah, it is a very good point I overlooked.. d'oh.
My WUP build had & in the title name.

Reactions: Murlocking

Hendo16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just stating some obvious things:

Game Title Name:
Make sure your using "and" and not "&" when your naming this game prior to building? The WiiU doesn't like "&" in the game name and you will get a ??? game icon on the WiiU Menu.

ISO:
Make sure your ISO are good dumps, below are some details for USA and EUR version of this game:

GHQE7D - The Simpsons: Hit & Run (USA)
CRC:
da7ce8df
MD5: 1e40a2405da61fa5ea7f2487a99439ea
SHA1: 71648c53f19135ef006cb583628d52027df6fba8

GHQP7D - The Simpsons: Hit & Run (EUR)
CRC:
fcff3d0a
MD5: f9a01088d2bac7e48af3b69f63f62174
SHA1: 0194c084858eb6b490feb034bcea9c0485808b35

You can download some free apps to find either of the CRC, MD5 or SHA1 info to check against the files you downloaded.

Are your ISO files the FULL SIZE (1.4gb) or the decompressed/shrunken ISO's (around 930MB)?

Added Info:
If your inject is the correct size and is showing the game icon on the WiiU menu, but still boots to black screen, try deleting the memory card save file on the SD CARD:
Search for these two memory save files at:
SD CARD\saves\GHQE.raw <= This is the USA version
SD CARD\saves\GHQP.raw <= This is the EUR version

Make sure you have the latest Nintendont version on your SD CARD, click HERE to grab the latest version, scroll down to Quick Installation.
THANK YOU! I got it working - all i had to do was change the '&' to 'and'. Which is weird because that was one of the first things I tried but it didn't help then...oh well, i'm just happy to have this up and running. Now onto modding the game! Thanks again for all the help kiddo

Reactions: xs4all and snoofly

TUWieZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to make a few vWii NAND Title Launchers for N64 games. There's an issue though, I tried classic controller emulation and force classic controller, but for some reason it's not emulating the classic controller.

It hangs on the screen saying "You need a classic controller" and then "Press A on the wii remote to return" pops up.
When I press A on the gamepad it returns to the wii u menu - so it's recognizing my gamepad as a wiimote when I build the wup file with classic controller or force classic controller checked.
This has only happened to me on vwii wad titles, retail GC and Wii work fine

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to make a few vWii NAND Title Launchers for N64 games. There's an issue though, I tried classic controller emulation and force classic controller, but for some reason it's not emulating the classic controller.

It hangs on the screen saying "You need a classic controller" and then "Press A on the wii remote to return" pops up.
When I press A on the gamepad it returns to the wii u menu - so it's recognizing my gamepad as a wiimote when I build the wup file with classic controller or force classic controller checked.
This has only happened to me on vwii wad titles, retail GC and Wii work fine
read the op: heres the reason: Force Classic Controller Connected (Wii games will be auto-patched to support this feature, your vWii WADs still need to be patched before being installed to vWii)

TUWieZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read the op: heres the reason: Force Classic Controller Connected (Wii games will be auto-patched to support this feature, your vWii WADs still need to be patched before being installed to vWii)
What patches/patcher would I need? Does the tool have a patcher built in? I understand you're saying to patch the wad, I just don't see a patch/patcher in the original post.

D

Deleted User

I made a wii64 VC title and the screen has a purple/green hue on tv but on the gamepad it works fine....anyone know whats going on?

NVM was my elgato causing it

Last edited by ,

haitoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, very surprised to see people are still using this horrible tool after all this time. If it hasn't been painfully obvious, I essentially abandoned this project for some time. All the attempted work I put into this was just because there wasn't an existing tool for Wii / GC injects, and I'm very surprised no one has come along and written a better tool. Probably because interest in the Wii U has been so low no one has really cared to.

To clarify a few things:
  1. I will be posting the terrible source code in the OP soon, maybe someone will be motivated enough to run with it
  2. I am not a programmer by any stretch, kinda the main reason this program sucks so much
  3. There have been a plethora of GameCube issues with blackscreen crashing, maybe @FIX94 and I can work on that (Edit: Yo also maybe @ploggy can weigh in). For titles that generate successfully, the nintendont forwarder always loads, but the forwarder very often fails to load nintendont and leaves no logs behind. For example if you leave the SD card out of the system or don't have a config file, you'll see the error messages stating as such every single time, but once you put the SD card in the system it will often fail to load nintendont.
The only reason I'm revisiting this at all is because I got a new Wii U and was re-generating all my titles, all my Wii titles generated without issue but had a hard time loading GameCube titles.

Anyways, have fun continuing to discuss whatever it is you're discussing.

Hi TeconMoon. I was wondering if you had any idea when you might have a chance to open source your script.

EDIT: I'm also curious about support for Wii titles from a different region. I see this script patches fw.img from Rhythm Heaven Fever US, which is presumably a US IOS. Does it apply patches to make it region free, or am I limited to only US titles?

EDIT2: I see @xs4all did a handy summary earlier in the thread (post #4475 in this thread, unfortunately I can't link it as I'm a new account), indicating the problem is lack of support for video modes. Which part of the system is actually responsible for this? Surely there's no fundamental reason that an EU WiiU can't scale a 480p/480i NTSC output up to the 1080p HDMI output just as well as it scales PAL 576i? Is this something that a patch to the WiiU firmware could address? Or am I misunderstanding the problem?

Last edited by haitoo,
Reactions: gburgue

DniiU974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys!
I made a Wii VC tile for Metal Slug Anthology with this awesome tool but after the bootTv logo the WiiU reboots back to sysNAND, do you know why and how I can solve this issue? Btw, I'm using haxchi and redNAND.
Thanking you in advance.

Murlocking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to make a channel forwarder for the Wii64 emulator, there's 2 versions for it... Glide and Rice, and I want to create a forwarded for each of them.
Someone said I should look into this tool to do that and at my surprise it's the same tool I used for injecting Wii and GC.

Is there any risk to brick my Wii U if I use Wii64 for this?
And what step should I take?

Lavendragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know a solution to specific Wii titles crashing the program as soon as you try to inject?
upload_2018-5-3_3-25-55.png

Alacres

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, are you planning on making a GBA version of this? because Injectiine isnt working for me.

Amen to this! I'd give just about anything for an injector of this caliber for the VC stuff. I've spent so much time trying to get Injectiine (and the Ultimate one) to work but no cigar. By contrast, I used this program awhile back for injecting Bully and it worked easily and flawlessly (the GUI makes it way easier to follow for me). We need something like this for VC!

dariosq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I am facing some problems with the injected GC games on my Wii U. At some point, I have selected to autoboot on nintendont menu, however suddenly the memory card emulation stopped working and I don't know how to change that. I have already tried to use nintendont forwarder, but nothing that I changed there seems to have an effect on the injected games. Is there anyone here that can help me with that?

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi everyone,

I am facing some problems with the injected GC games on my Wii U. At some point, I have selected to autoboot on nintendont menu, however suddenly the memory card emulation stopped working and I don't know how to change that. I have already tried to use nintendont forwarder, but nothing that I changed there seems to have an effect on the injected games. Is there anyone here that can help me with that?

Whenever you make a settings change in Nintendont, you MUST launch a game for the settings to save, simply changing the settings and then exiting Nintendont will NOT save the settings.

To make things easy, just copy a GC ISO game to the SD CARD\Games folder, see example below:
For this example, we are going to copy Luigi's Mansion GC ISO to the SD CARD;
SD CARD\Games\Luigi's Mansion\game.iso

The game name folder can be anything you like, but the ISO file name MUST be "game.iso", if you don't Nintendont will not recognise any games on your SD CARD.

Just keep one game on the SD CARD so whenever you need to make a settings change for Nintendont, just either launch Nintendont straight from vWii mode or launching the Nintendont Forwarder channel on the WiiU Menu.

I suggest before you do the above, delete the existing Nintendont config file on your SD CARD:
SD CARD\nincfg.bin

Once deleted, start over and see how you go.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want to inject Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition and Resident Evil Archives: REmake and Zero and I want to use a Gamecube controller with the official adapter, what option do I choose?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.