Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm encountering some wii roms with wbf1 format. What is that and how do I integrate it with the injector?

WBF1 is a split Wii file, usually found alongside a wbfs file. So for example, you'd place game.wbfs and game.wbf1 in the SOURCE_FILES folder. If you ONLY have a WBF1 file and no WBFS file, your dump is incomplete.

Hey so I'm not sure if this has been answered, but are multiple controllers supported along side the gamepad using this script? Let's say I inject Mario Kart Wii, will someone else be able to play with me if I'm using the gamepad?
@KhaderWelaye is this possible with the script, i am also curious about this

This was supposed to be possible with a patch, but every time I tried to use the patch the GamePad was disabled as a controller and only Wii Remotes would work. I tried inquiring with piratesephiroth and leseratte who initially implemented this patch but didn't hear back.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thats a full nintendont build, not just a forwarder. I dont think a forwarder really makes a difference in this exit issue.
Ah my fault I wasn't paying enough attention :rolleyes: also you can ignore the PM I sent to the group we were working in before, I should be able to recompile the autobooter with the options I was looking for.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WBF1 is a split Wii file, usually found alongside a wbfs file. So for example, you'd place game.wbfs and game.wbf1 in the SOURCE_FILES folder. If you ONLY have a WBF1 file and no WBFS file, your dump is incomplete.

This was supposed to be possible with a patch, but every time I tried to use the patch the GamePad was disabled as a controller and only Wii Remotes would work. I tried inquiring with piratesephiroth and leseratte who initially implemented this patch but didn't hear back.
Ok, thanks, i wanted to reply, but didn't know the answer, Thanks KhaderWelaye

Ponyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that sucks. Kinda was hoping that with this script I would be able to install my entire Wii library on my Wii U hard drive, but multiplayer is very important to me. Thanks anyway for the hard work you've put into this script :)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
unless somebody else magically gave out patches all the ones floating around are by me and the only one in that direction I've made is the one that disables wiimotes, its also used in homebrew as that reads out the gamepad using a different method. To an actual wii game that data is useless.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something weird just happened, i tried to use my wiiu pro controller with nintendont instead of the gamepad, and it started going nuts and pressing all kinds of buttons randomly, so quick thinking, i threw it against the wall, and it started working, that's ingenuity at its finest

Reactions: DonCaballero

Jenntlemann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked for me with script 2.0.0

Also, for some reason I can't transfer some games to the usb drive (such as mario kart wii) but had no problems moving the taiko games (wii) neighter for crash nitro kart (gcn), btw that mario kart wii install was made with the script 1.0.4, will retry with script 2.1.0
I guess i'll try another redownload and see how that fares.

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Concerning Nintendont 5.460 that freeze when exiting game, I have this too, only concerning first launch (like display bug). But for the first time, power button on WiiU was still working, so I just push it a little and stopped when blue led started to blink and it just reboot WiiU like Nintendont will by pressing Home button (other release that was having this issue were forcing to completely shut down WiiU). I tried again and this time Nintendont correctly exited game.

Last edited by Kleyon,

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Concerning Nintendont 5.460 that freeze when exiting game, I have this too, only concerning first launch (like display bug). But for the first time, power button on WiiU was still working, so I just push it a little and stopped when blue led started to blink and it just reboot WiiU like Nintendont will pressing Home button (other release that was having this issue were forcing to completely shut down WiiU. I tried again and this time Nintendont correctly exited game.

replace your boot.dol in nintendont folder in the apps on your sd with this
http://gbatemp.net/attachments/boot-rar.99695/
should fix it.

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks @A Plus Ric, but I prefer to wait for Nintendont version hosted on GitHub, plus I only have that issue one time this far, just to provide more details to FIX94 eventually. In fact that this freeze wasn't that bad compared to old ones (let us reboot WiiU).

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks @A Plus Ric, but I prefer to wait for Nintendont version hosted on GitHub, plus I only have that issue one time this far, just to provide more details to FIX94 eventually. In fact that this freeze wasn't that bad compared to old ones (let us reboot WiiU).
Well he is waiting for enough of us to tell him that version is a go before he pushes it so better for more of us to test it :P

Reactions: huma_dawii

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry I will not have time by now, I have to go soon, I'll go back in something like 3 hours I think, if it always need to be tested, I will. Since I am using Nintendont forwarder I could easily go back to v5.460 if needed.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, @FIX94, here is what was tested, that took a while, All these games tested are NTSC-U

01. Chibi-Robo
02. Ed, Edd, and Eddy
03. Harvest Moon - Another Wonderful Life
04. Luigi's Mansion
05. Mega Man - Network Transmission
06. Mega Man X Collection
07. Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
08. Open Season
09. Over the Hedge
10. Paper Mario - Thousand Year Door
11. Pokemon Channel
12. Wallace and Gromit - Project Zoo
13. Ratatouille
14. Shadow the Hedgehog
15. Shark Tale
16. Sonic Adventure 2 - Battle
17. Sonic Gems Collection
18. Sonic Mega Collection
19. Super Mario Sunshine
20. True Crime 1 - Streets of LA
21. True Crime 2 - New York
22. The Legend of Zelda - Collectors Edition
23. The Legend of Zelda - Four Swords
24. The Simpsons - Hit and Run
25. The Simpsons - Road Rage
26. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
27. Turok - Evolution
28. Wario World

All games tested exited to WiiU home menu on pressing Home button. I'd say its safe to put your new dol on github, unless any body else has anything To add?

JAPERN

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This is a bug report of v2.1.2 CC emulation.
Dragon Ball Z Sparking! Meteor (JAP) (English title, Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3) will be converted, Wii U game pad will be recognized as Wii Remote.
In addition to that, Sonic Colors (JAP) also recognizes as Wii Remote in the same way.
Setting for conversion (Y → n → n → n)
Even with older versions the results did not change.
Of course these titles correspond to classic controllers.

I hope these improvements will be made.

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Can you edit a game already released on the eShop? Can you use it or you need to do your own injection with a game.iso file from the same game? I would like to add to Kirby's Return to Dreamland the option to emulate a Wiimote. Can you use more Wiimotes if you emulate one with the Gamepad? I read somewhere that you can't use another if you emulate a Classic Controller, but I don't know if you can while emulating a Wiimote. I have 3 Wiimotes but I would like to be able to play it with 4 players using the Gamepad as the fourth one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1