[RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TeconMoon, Sep 9, 2017.

1. TeconMoon
    OP

TeconMoon GBAtemp Stubborn Injection Guy

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    WBF1 is a split Wii file, usually found alongside a wbfs file. So for example, you'd place game.wbfs and game.wbf1 in the SOURCE_FILES folder. If you ONLY have a WBF1 file and no WBFS file, your dump is incomplete.

This was supposed to be possible with a patch, but every time I tried to use the patch the GamePad was disabled as a controller and only Wii Remotes would work. I tried inquiring with piratesephiroth and leseratte who initially implemented this patch but didn't hear back.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ah my fault I wasn't paying enough attention :rolleyes: also you can ignore the PM I sent to the group we were working in before, I should be able to recompile the autobooter with the options I was looking for.

DarthDub and Ponyboy like this.
  2. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Ok, thanks, i wanted to reply, but didn't know the answer, Thanks KhaderWelaye

3. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2016
    United States
    Well that sucks. Kinda was hoping that with this script I would be able to install my entire Wii library on my Wii U hard drive, but multiplayer is very important to me. Thanks anyway for the hard work you've put into this script :)

4. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    unless somebody else magically gave out patches all the ones floating around are by me and the only one in that direction I've made is the one that disables wiimotes, its also used in homebrew as that reads out the gamepad using a different method. To an actual wii game that data is useless.

5. A Plus Ric

A Plus Ric GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    United States
    Tested the Three i installed on my WiiU so far. Crazy Taxi, Simpsons Road Rage and Luigi's Mansion all exit perfect with that test build @FIX94 Thanks for the fix! And thanks @huma_dawii for reposting the fix!

huma_dawii likes this.
  6. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Something weird just happened, i tried to use my wiiu pro controller with nintendont instead of the gamepad, and it started going nuts and pressing all kinds of buttons randomly, so quick thinking, i threw it against the wall, and it started working, that's ingenuity at its finest

DonCaballero likes this.
  7. yuliusde

yuliusde Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Thanks... I hope it will work in the futures.

8. Jenntlemann

Jenntlemann Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    I guess i'll try another redownload and see how that fares.

9. Kleyon

Kleyon GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2017
    France
    Concerning Nintendont 5.460 that freeze when exiting game, I have this too, only concerning first launch (like display bug). But for the first time, power button on WiiU was still working, so I just push it a little and stopped when blue led started to blink and it just reboot WiiU like Nintendont will by pressing Home button (other release that was having this issue were forcing to completely shut down WiiU). I tried again and this time Nintendont correctly exited game.

Last edited by Kleyon, Sep 22, 2017
  10. A Plus Ric

Jan 30, 2014
    United States
    replace your boot.dol in nintendont folder in the apps on your sd with this
    http://gbatemp.net/attachments/boot-rar.99695/
    should fix it.

11. Kleyon

Kleyon GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2017
    France
    Thanks @A Plus Ric, but I prefer to wait for Nintendont version hosted on GitHub, plus I only have that issue one time this far, just to provide more details to FIX94 eventually. In fact that this freeze wasn't that bad compared to old ones (let us reboot WiiU).

12. A Plus Ric

Jan 30, 2014
    United States
    Well he is waiting for enough of us to tell him that version is a go before he pushes it so better for more of us to test it :P

huma_dawii likes this.
  13. Kleyon

Kleyon GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2017
    France
    Sorry I will not have time by now, I have to go soon, I'll go back in something like 3 hours I think, if it always need to be tested, I will. Since I am using Nintendont forwarder I could easily go back to v5.460 if needed.

14. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    i'm testing it now, its working good

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

A Plus Ric and Kleyon like this.
  15. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Ok, @FIX94, here is what was tested, that took a while, All these games tested are NTSC-U

01. Chibi-Robo
    02. Ed, Edd, and Eddy
    03. Harvest Moon - Another Wonderful Life
    04. Luigi's Mansion
    05. Mega Man - Network Transmission
    06. Mega Man X Collection
    07. Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
    08. Open Season
    09. Over the Hedge
    10. Paper Mario - Thousand Year Door
    11. Pokemon Channel
    12. Wallace and Gromit - Project Zoo
    13. Ratatouille
    14. Shadow the Hedgehog
    15. Shark Tale
    16. Sonic Adventure 2 - Battle
    17. Sonic Gems Collection
    18. Sonic Mega Collection
    19. Super Mario Sunshine
    20. True Crime 1 - Streets of LA
    21. True Crime 2 - New York
    22. The Legend of Zelda - Collectors Edition
    23. The Legend of Zelda - Four Swords
    24. The Simpsons - Hit and Run
    25. The Simpsons - Road Rage
    26. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
    27. Turok - Evolution
    28. Wario World

All games tested exited to WiiU home menu on pressing Home button. I'd say its safe to put your new dol on github, unless any body else has anything To add?

16. JAPERN

JAPERN Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2017
    Japan
    This is a bug report of v2.1.2 CC emulation.
    Dragon Ball Z Sparking! Meteor (JAP) (English title, Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3) will be converted, Wii U game pad will be recognized as Wii Remote.
    In addition to that, Sonic Colors (JAP) also recognizes as Wii Remote in the same way.
    Setting for conversion (Y → n → n → n)
    Even with older versions the results did not change.
    Of course these titles correspond to classic controllers.

I hope these improvements will be made.

17. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    pushed it up now with 460 merged.

huma_dawii, DarthDub and wicksand420 like this.
  18. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    need anything else tested?

19. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    I think that was the only weird bug left that actually annoyed me, now wii, vwii and wii vc should all work properly in the same build.

20. Chuardo

Chuardo GBAtemp Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    Uruguay
    Can you edit a game already released on the eShop? Can you use it or you need to do your own injection with a game.iso file from the same game? I would like to add to Kirby's Return to Dreamland the option to emulate a Wiimote. Can you use more Wiimotes if you emulate one with the Gamepad? I read somewhere that you can't use another if you emulate a Classic Controller, but I don't know if you can while emulating a Wiimote. I have 3 Wiimotes but I would like to be able to play it with 4 players using the Gamepad as the fourth one.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted