Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

randralvarez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So I launch it and it ran, then I got an error trying to inject metroid prime for the gamecube (I used a .gcm file) and now the .exe won't even boot. I don't get an error or anything. I read the requirements and I have the .net framework 3.5 and +4.6
What should I do?

randralvarez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So I have officially tried everything, I'm on W10
- Deleted the temp wiivc injector folder to get the script running again
- Installed the newest .NET Framework and the developer pack
- Activated the .NET 3.5 framework feature
- Ran the game on admin settings
- Ran the game on various compatibilty settings
- tried multiple gamecube isos
And I'm still getting this error
---EDIT----
Games I tried this with: Metroid Prime (.gcm), Metroid Prime 2 (.iso), MGS TS (iso), Eternal Darkness (.gcm)
Also, I left the computer running the script overnight because I read somewhere that maybe I wasn't waiting enough. After 10 hours the script was still stuck at processing game for NFS conversion
upload_2019-11-10_10-20-47.png

What should I do now? I literally can't find a solution for this.
Using another laptop with a previous installation of Windows (ie Windows 7, 8, 8.1) is not something I can do. Any help?

---EDIT 2---
Apparently, each and every single one of those .iso and .gcm were bad somehow as I used a new .iso for Metroid Prime and got it running, so if you're going through the same error over and over again and you have done all of the above and keep getting the same error, try using another .iso and keep in mind that is entirely possible for you to have multiple roms
So I launch it and it ran, then I got an error trying to inject metroid prime for the gamecube (I used a .gcm file) and now the .exe won't even boot. I don't get an error or anything. I read the requirements and I have the .net framework 3.5 and +4.6
What should I do?

Last edited by randralvarez,

lolman9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, could someone add something to choose the emulated disc drive so that you can run things like CTGP-R? (I mean emulating disc drive and channel at same time). Should be possible, right?

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, could someone add something to choose the emulated disc drive so that you can run things like CTGP-R? (I mean emulating disc drive and channel at same time). Should be possible, right?

This project has long been abandoned, what your suggesting is not possible with it's current state of how inject currently works.

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
At long last, I have completed re-writing the WiiVC Injector from the ground up. Far more features than the previous "script".

Download:
TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector [v3.0.1] - STILL CONSIDERED AN ALPHA RELEASE UNTIL MORE BUGS ARE WORKED THROUGH
View attachment 104835

Requirements:

• Windows 7/8.1/10
  • At least .NET Framework v4.6.1 (Windows 8 & 10 also need the .NET Framework 3.5 feature enabled)
Supported Injection Types:
  • Wii Retail Game Injection (ISO / WBFS)
  • Wii Homebrew Injection (DOL)
  • GameCube Retail Game Injection (ISO / GCM) - Multidisc games supported
  • vWii NAND Title Launcher (Specify Title ID of installed WAD you want to boot)
Features:
  • Full-featured-GUI with real file selection, no more having to place specifically named files in folders
  • Download Icons and Banners for your game directly from a repository run by @cucholix (Or provide your own)
  • Custom GamePad Banner and Logo support
  • Preview boxes for all Icons, Banners & Logos
  • Custom Boot Sound support (with looping)
  • Multi-Line Game Title support (how it displays on your Wii U Menu)
  • Wii U Title IDs generated based off your game's internal Title ID, NOT randomly generated. Generated Title IDs will never overwrite a legitimate retail title.
  • GamePad Emulation modes (Extra modes only applicable for Wii Retail / vWii NAND Launcher Titles)
    • No GamePad Emulation, Wii Remotes only
    • Classic Controller Emulation
    • Vertical Wii Remote Emulation
    • Horizontal Wii Remote Emulation
    • Force Classic Controller Connected (Wii games will be auto-patched to support this feature, your vWii WADs still need to be patched before being installed to vWii)
    • Force No Classic Controller (Very limited use cases)
    • Swap L & R with ZL & ZR
  • Nintendont SD Card Management Menu
    • Download latest Nintendont revision from GitHub
    • Generate Nintendont Config file
Advanced Options: (NOT RECOMMENDED UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING)
  • Nintendont Options
    • Force 4:3 for GameCube games (Disables "Force Widescreen" and "WiiU Widescreen" options even if they are specified in your config file)
    • Specify a custom Nintendont Forwarder (If you compile a custom main.dol from source)
    • Disable Autoboot (Nintendont menu shows instead of autobooting game)
  • Wii Homebrew Patches
    • Disable Wii Remote Passthrough in GamePad Mode
    • Don't use GamePad as controller (Won't prompt for usage, also applicable for GameCube titles)
    • Enable cafe2wii patching (WII U STARBUCK ANCAST KEY REQUIRED, USAGE NOT RECOMMENDED)
  • Wii Retail Injection Patches
    • Don't trim game output (Game won't be repacked with WIT, useful for games that are problematic when trimmed)
    • Patch video mode using Wii-VMC (Useful for PAL-exclusive games that don't support NTSC video modes or vice-versa)
  • vWii NAND Title Launcher Patches
    • Force 4:3 for WiiWare that doesn't support widescreen (like Virtual Console titles)
Other Perks:
  • Once keys are specified, they are saved to registry so you don't have to re-specify the keys every time a new version is released (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\WiiVCInjector)
  • Once base files are downloaded with JNUSTool, they are saved to ProgramData so it doesn't have to be re-downloaded every time a new version is released (C:\ProgramData\JNUSToolDownloads)
Noob protection:
  • Wii / GameCube header checks
  • On-the-fly image conversion for a variety of types
  • Audio File header checks
  • Conditional flags for title builds
  • Non-applicable options are disabled

Credits:
C2W Patcher v1.2: @FIX94
GetExtType Patcher v1.1: FIX94
JNUSTool v0.3b: @Maschell
NFS2ISO2NFS v0.5.6: @sabykos, @piratesephiroth, *FIX94, and many more
Nintendont Autoboot Forwarder v1.2: FIX94 & *TeconMoon
NUSPacker v0.5: @timogus, @ihaveamac & *FIX94
PNG to TGA v2.6: Easy2Convert Software
SoX v14.4.2: cbagwell, robs, & uklauer
wav2btsnd v0.1: timogus & *@Zarklord
wbfs_file v2.9: @oggzee & @kwiirk
Wii Homebrew ISO Base: Albert Herranz, The GameCube Linux Team, @marcan, @bushing, FIX94 & @ploggy
Wiimms ISO Tools v3.00a: Wiimms
Wii Video Mode Changer v2.2: Waninkoko
WiiVC Channel Booter v1.1: FIX94

* = Using version compiled by specific user

When i launch an injected Wii Retail game, like Mario Kart Wii, the Wii Remote Plus i have turns off and i'm unable to sync it with wiiu unless i close the game and return to wii menu. This only occurs when i choose yes when prompted about if i wanna use gamepad and i click yet.

This issue doesn't occur with injected gamecube games..

Is there a way to solve this issue?

Last edited by Perfect One,

gbafox

Trophies
XP
Country
China
All,

2 years ago, I got sick of this project and abandoned it promising to release the source code, which I never did.

Well, someone reminded me that a PROMISE IS A PROMISE, so here it is.

It really is awful, this was the first time I ever tried coding at all that wasn't just silly batch scripts, and really all I did was organize a bunch of other people's work. Oh well, life goes on.

I've also added this to the OP. If someone wants to run with it cool, or just leave it to die that's cool also. :yayu:
Thank you very much for your sharing. I've put a modification version of it on github a few days ago. It brings some new features like auto images genration, multi-language support, etc. Hope it will be some helpful to the guys who still play game on wii u occasionally like me.
I can't post the repo's link because i'm a newbie here. So I put the repo name here insteadly, timefox/TeconMoon-s-WiiVC-Injector-Mod.

D

Deleted User

can someone please PM with working unlocked Wiisxr and Wii64 forwarders.....I cannot for the love of me figure this out please someone help me

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When i launch an injected Wii Retail game, like Mario Kart Wii, the Wii Remote Plus i have turns off and i'm unable to sync it with wiiu unless i close the game and return to wii menu. This only occurs when i choose yes when prompted about if i wanna use gamepad and i click yet.

This issue doesn't occur with injected gamecube games..

Is there a way to solve this issue?

All Wii Remotes are disabled when in GamePad mode, select NO for GamePad support if you want to play with Wii Remotes, only for Wii injects.

For GC injects, Wii Remote is supported but you must connect a Classic Controller or Nunchuck or else the game will not detected it.

Last edited by xs4all,
Reactions: Perfect One

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
All Wii Remotes are disabled when in GamePad mode, select NO for GamePad support if you want to play with Wii Remotes, only for Wii injects.

For GC injects, Wii Remote is supported but you must connect a Classic Controller or Nunchuck or else the game will not detected it.

Isn't there a way to enable gamepad as a classic controller while enabling the usage of wii remote (normal/plus) with classic controller attached to it?

AndySmandy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is the only place it is found on your entire computer.
This is a super old thread, but if you guys happen to be around still, I only get a WiiUVCInjector file in Temp when the program is running. When I delete it, it crashes, but then on relaunch it still doesn't work. Same error message.

conradcervantes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I did some searches prior to writing this post just to make sure it hadn't been addressed before. I've successfully converted the entirety of my Wii rips to VC format, and I read here of a method to patch the iso of Donkey Kong Country Returns with the classic controller configuration before converting the iso.

I downloaded all the stuff I needed to do this, the patch and the tools needed, but when I went to patch the main.dol, I received an error telling me that cygwin1.dll was missing. Found this file on another member's Github, but now I'm unsure what to do with it. If I place it in the same folder as the main.dol and the patch, I receive another error, this time 0x0000007b.

I've gone so far as to reinstall Windows 10 (been meaning to do so anyways) to see if a fresh install would help, but no dice. If anyone have any ideas, I would love to read them.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
put the dll in the injector folder with the injector.exe.

even copy to system32 aswell to be sure.

You can also reregister dll files I forget the command but it quite simple internet search.

Also try run as Admin.

Escorpion

Balamb Seed
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi people, i have a question:

In the Advanced Options: (NOT RECOMMENDED UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING) section, there´s an option

1) Wii Homebrew Patches
*Don't use GamePad as controller (Won't prompt for usage, also applicable for GameCube titles)

The question is, with that option enabled will i can launch the Wii or GC game without have to choose with (use Tv and Gamepad or just Gamepad) ?? The thing is that i don´t like to have to use the Wii remote to choose (just play on tv) and then play with the Pro controller... i hate that we can´t select the mode just with the pro controller, it needs gamepad or wiimote... so thanks in advance for someone who can answer me.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No GamePad then it is going to prompt for WiiMote unfortunately I dont like it myself unless maybe something can be done in the Meta.xml but I doubt it.

karkarov1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi guys, i wanna ask about cheat vWii. i already search inthis folder how to cheat on vWii inject, but i have no clue for sure.

is there any post (or maybe video) that contain tutorial for cheat vWii?

thanks before

FYI i already use cheat via SD with mocha SD + tcpgecko (but only for wiiu games).

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi guys, i wanna ask about cheat vWii. i already search inthis folder how to cheat on vWii inject, but i have no clue for sure.

is there any post (or maybe video) that contain tutorial for cheat vWii?

thanks before

FYI i already use cheat via SD with mocha SD + tcpgecko (but only for wiiu games).

A bit confused with your question, are you asking how to cheat in Wii games in vWii mode or Wii injects? These are two separate things.

Booting Wii games (ISO/WBFS) in vWii mode using USB Loader GX:
With this method you can cheat in Wii games by using GCT codes.

Booting custom Wii injects created using this injector tool:
You can't use cheats with this method, actually you can (I have not tried), but you need to extract the main.dol file from the ISO file, patch the main.dol file with the GCT cheat you want to use, then rebuild the ISO file, test the game using Dolphin emulator to make sure the cheat is working, then inject and install.

karkarov1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Booting custom Wii injects created using this injector tool:
You can't use cheats with this method, actually you can (I have not tried), but you need to extract the main.dol file from the ISO file, patch the main.dol file with the GCT cheat you want to use, then rebuild the ISO file, test the game using Dolphin emulator to make sure the cheat is working, then inject and install.

this is what i wanna ask about :D

i already read from @cucholix's post, the patch process need wstrt.exe & cygwin1.dll, but when i click .bat file, suddenly show error warning

wstrt.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).
Click OK to close the application.

is there any solution for this issue?

UPDATE:

my god it works like a charm :')
i try with cooking mama world kitchen, cheat for stop the timer only.
patch tools: szs.wiimm.de choose the newest one
replace with modifed dol using scrubber
directly try to wii u (without dolphin first)
and voila!

Last edited by karkarov1,
Reactions: Fladulator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill