[RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TeconMoon, Sep 9, 2017.

1. CORE

CORE 3:16

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Damn that sucks a well.

2. randralvarez

randralvarez Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2017
    Venezuela
    So I launch it and it ran, then I got an error trying to inject metroid prime for the gamecube (I used a .gcm file) and now the .exe won't even boot. I don't get an error or anything. I read the requirements and I have the .net framework 3.5 and +4.6
    What should I do?

3. randralvarez

randralvarez Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2017
    Venezuela
    So I have officially tried everything, I'm on W10
    - Deleted the temp wiivc injector folder to get the script running again
    - Installed the newest .NET Framework and the developer pack
    - Activated the .NET 3.5 framework feature
    - Ran the game on admin settings
    - Ran the game on various compatibilty settings
    - tried multiple gamecube isos
    And I'm still getting this error
    ---EDIT----
    Games I tried this with: Metroid Prime (.gcm), Metroid Prime 2 (.iso), MGS TS (iso), Eternal Darkness (.gcm)
    Also, I left the computer running the script overnight because I read somewhere that maybe I wasn't waiting enough. After 10 hours the script was still stuck at processing game for NFS conversion
    upload_2019-11-10_10-20-47.
    What should I do now? I literally can't find a solution for this.
    Using another laptop with a previous installation of Windows (ie Windows 7, 8, 8.1) is not something I can do. Any help?

---EDIT 2---
    Apparently, each and every single one of those .iso and .gcm were bad somehow as I used a new .iso for Metroid Prime and got it running, so if you're going through the same error over and over again and you have done all of the above and keep getting the same error, try using another .iso and keep in mind that is entirely possible for you to have multiple roms

Last edited by randralvarez, Nov 10, 2019
  4. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    I suggest using the https://www.gametdb.com/ site to check the CRC info against your ISO file, this will let you know if you have a good dump ISO of the game.

5. lolman9999

lolman9999 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2019
    United States
    Hey, could someone add something to choose the emulated disc drive so that you can run things like CTGP-R? (I mean emulating disc drive and channel at same time). Should be possible, right?

6. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    This project has long been abandoned, what your suggesting is not possible with it's current state of how inject currently works.

7. Perfect One

Perfect One GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2017
    Brazil
    When i launch an injected Wii Retail game, like Mario Kart Wii, the Wii Remote Plus i have turns off and i'm unable to sync it with wiiu unless i close the game and return to wii menu. This only occurs when i choose yes when prompted about if i wanna use gamepad and i click yet.

This issue doesn't occur with injected gamecube games..

Is there a way to solve this issue?

Last edited by Perfect One, Nov 15, 2019
  8. gbafox

gbafox Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2019
    China
    Thank you very much for your sharing. I've put a modification version of it on github a few days ago. It brings some new features like auto images genration, multi-language support, etc. Hope it will be some helpful to the guys who still play game on wii u occasionally like me.
    I can't post the repo's link because i'm a newbie here. So I put the repo name here insteadly, timefox/TeconMoon-s-WiiVC-Injector-Mod.

Feffe and CORE like this.
  9. IP60

IP60 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2018
    Canada
    can someone please PM with working unlocked Wiisxr and Wii64 forwarders.....I cannot for the love of me figure this out please someone help me

10. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    All Wii Remotes are disabled when in GamePad mode, select NO for GamePad support if you want to play with Wii Remotes, only for Wii injects.

For GC injects, Wii Remote is supported but you must connect a Classic Controller or Nunchuck or else the game will not detected it.

Last edited by xs4all, Nov 18, 2019
    Perfect One likes this.
  11. Perfect One

Perfect One GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2017
    Brazil
    Isn't there a way to enable gamepad as a classic controller while enabling the usage of wii remote (normal/plus) with classic controller attached to it?

12. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    Unfortunately no, for Wii injects, its one or the other.

depaul and Perfect One like this.
  13. AndySmandy

AndySmandy Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2019
    United States
    This is a super old thread, but if you guys happen to be around still, I only get a WiiUVCInjector file in Temp when the program is running. When I delete it, it crashes, but then on relaunch it still doesn't work. Same error message.

14. conradcervantes

conradcervantes GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Hey all, I did some searches prior to writing this post just to make sure it hadn't been addressed before. I've successfully converted the entirety of my Wii rips to VC format, and I read here of a method to patch the iso of Donkey Kong Country Returns with the classic controller configuration before converting the iso.

I downloaded all the stuff I needed to do this, the patch and the tools needed, but when I went to patch the main.dol, I received an error telling me that cygwin1.dll was missing. Found this file on another member's Github, but now I'm unsure what to do with it. If I place it in the same folder as the main.dol and the patch, I receive another error, this time 0x0000007b.

I've gone so far as to reinstall Windows 10 (been meaning to do so anyways) to see if a fresh install would help, but no dice. If anyone have any ideas, I would love to read them.

15. CORE

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    put the dll in the injector folder with the injector.exe.

even copy to system32 aswell to be sure.

You can also reregister dll files I forget the command but it quite simple internet search.

Also try run as Admin.

16. Escorpion

Escorpion Balamb Seed

Aug 25, 2015
    Colombia
    Laguna Guatavita
    Hi people, i have a question:

In the Advanced Options: (NOT RECOMMENDED UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING) section, there´s an option

1) Wii Homebrew Patches
    *Don't use GamePad as controller (Won't prompt for usage, also applicable for GameCube titles)

The question is, with that option enabled will i can launch the Wii or GC game without have to choose with (use Tv and Gamepad or just Gamepad) ?? The thing is that i don´t like to have to use the Wii remote to choose (just play on tv) and then play with the Pro controller... i hate that we can´t select the mode just with the pro controller, it needs gamepad or wiimote... so thanks in advance for someone who can answer me.

17. CORE

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    No GamePad then it is going to prompt for WiiMote unfortunately I dont like it myself unless maybe something can be done in the Meta.xml but I doubt it.

18. karkarov1

karkarov1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2019
    Indonesia
    hi guys, i wanna ask about cheat vWii. i already search inthis folder how to cheat on vWii inject, but i have no clue for sure.

is there any post (or maybe video) that contain tutorial for cheat vWii?

thanks before

FYI i already use cheat via SD with mocha SD + tcpgecko (but only for wiiu games).

19. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    A bit confused with your question, are you asking how to cheat in Wii games in vWii mode or Wii injects? These are two separate things.

Booting Wii games (ISO/WBFS) in vWii mode using USB Loader GX:
    With this method you can cheat in Wii games by using GCT codes.

Booting custom Wii injects created using this injector tool:
    You can't use cheats with this method, actually you can (I have not tried), but you need to extract the main.dol file from the ISO file, patch the main.dol file with the GCT cheat you want to use, then rebuild the ISO file, test the game using Dolphin emulator to make sure the cheat is working, then inject and install.

20. karkarov1

karkarov1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2019
    Indonesia
    this is what i wanna ask about :D

i already read from @cucholix's post, the patch process need wstrt.exe & cygwin1.dll, but when i click .bat file, suddenly show error warning

wstrt.exe - Application Error
    The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).
    Click OK to close the application.

is there any solution for this issue?

UPDATE:

my god it works like a charm :')
    i try with cooking mama world kitchen, cheat for stop the timer only.
    patch tools: szs.wiimm.de choose the newest one
    replace with modifed dol using scrubber
    directly try to wii u (without dolphin first)
    and voila!

Last edited by karkarov1, Nov 30, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted