Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

desvamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Uh...can someone help me? I tried to inject the not64 forwarder into the script along with FIX's added instructions for the patch, however the script always gives me a file over 4gb in size which I cannot use. Can someone tell me what's wrong? Outside of the script I have no idea how to get a .dol into a wiivc, so I feel pretty helpless here.

Attachments

• errorlog.txt
    81 bytes · Views: 193
  • log.txt
    123.5 KB · Views: 283

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Well then, I think I pushed everything I can, now its just time for people to try it out and maybe for this script to add some new stuff.
Right now all it will do is unlock the wii vc processor speed from the default 729mhz to a full 1.215ghz, possibly in the future more cafe2wii patches could be made though.
First, you will need a new version of nuspacker to allow packing with cafe2wii files:
https://github.com/FIX94/nuspacker/blob/master/NUSPacker.jar
Just replace the old one and thats all. Then, you will have to download OSv0 (0005001010004000) as well as OSv1 (0005001010004001) with something like JNUSTool.
Take the deint.txt and font.bin from the OSv0 code folder and put it into your destination code folder for a wii vc title. Then in the OSv1 code folder, put this:
https://github.com/FIX94/c2w_patcher/releases
Make sure to edit its starbuck_key.txt to the actual "wiiu starbuck ancast key". Then you should just have to run it, it'll output a c2p.img, put that into your destination code folder renamed to c2w.img together with the boot.bin and dmcu.d.hex.
After that, you can pack the title and install it.
Now after you have it installed, you cant just go ahead and use it, that'll just boot the normal cafe2wii without it unlocked. For this, I wrote a special IOSU patcher:
https://github.com/FIX94/sign_c2w_patcher/releases
All you have to do before launching the wii vc title is start this from the homebrew launcher, then the wii vc title you boot will be at the unlocked 1.215ghz.
To see this added speed in action, you can go launch something demanding like Not64 and WiiSX, though for the moment the probably most boring thing is this wii test app:
https://mega.nz/#!c9JAlY6a!jcFK-BefgJ808yTy4m5aepH-Q6rSunkJBKLLA-ktGfI
It will by default it will print you a clock of about 243mhz and a thread callback of about 95 times, if you have the extra speed it will sit at about 160 times though.
Do you have to use these instructions with a homebrew wii.iso or can I just use the normal Rhythm Heaven Fever as a normal base with everything else apart from what needs doing in the instructions above? can anyone let me know thanks

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have to use these instructions with a homebrew wii.iso or can I just use the normal Rhythm Heaven Fever as a normal base with everything else apart from what needs doing in the instructions above? can anyone let me know thanks

It'd be a helluva lot easier to use the forwarders Ploggy made, just saying. Just need him to wake up lol.

Reactions: cucholix

Opoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree that injects will PROBABLY always be the best option for DS support - its too bad a couple of games I'd like to play (DQIX and Bowser's Inside Story) seem glitched using the official emulator.

I'm excited to get wiisxr sorted out, it should be a very nice stopgap while PSX dynarec is worked on for RA. I'm happy with my PS3 CFW for PSX support, but a handheld option in bed while my wife watches something I'm disinterested in is nice too, lol.

It wouldn't have broken my heart if we never got a usable option, but I'm glad that it's finally coming together.

Last edited by Opoth,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I came into the WiiVC stuff late. I'm in the same boat, I believe I've snagged the correct forwarder and built it using the instructions in the OP. It actually works fine WITHOUT running c2w from HBL but without the speed benefits. HBL -> c2w -> wiisxr black screens for me, but as I said, it will work for me at Wii speed if I skip the HBL -> c2w step.

I'm sure I've done something wrong that has been last to the 100+ page thread, lol. I AM using FIX94's most recent build from last night(?) to get around the crashing issue. The forwarder was from somewhere earlier in the thread.
Install the forwarder on nand

Reactions: zeldaism

e-xtrc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done an ample amount of Wii VC Splash Screens that look like as if they're for the Wii U Menu! I'll release the thread once I reply to 10 posts/replies to threads ;-; there are other stuff I've also done too. :)

Reactions: Feffe and zeldaism

Opoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Install the forwarder on nand

It is - built the wiisxr forwarder using the instructions in the OP and installed it to NAND. Like I said, it works fine (but slow) if I skip the HBL -> c2w step.

I remember reading about some other method/extra steps on building the initial installer when it comes to homebrew, I feel like maybe that's what I'm missing out on.

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by zeldaism,

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh...can someone help me? I tried to inject the not64 forwarder into the script along with FIX's added instructions for the patch, however the script always gives me a file over 4gb in size which I cannot use. Can someone tell me what's wrong? Outside of the script I have no idea how to get a .dol into a wiivc, so I feel pretty helpless here.
You may consider re-downloading the script to a new location and trying again, not sure where the failure is happening but at some point the error log is reporting that a file isn't being accessed properly, that something is in use by another program.

desvamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You may consider re-downloading the script to a new location and trying again, not sure where the failure is happening but at some point the error log is reporting that a file isn't being accessed properly, that something is in use by another program.

I did notice that, and redownloading everything was one of the first things I tried. I even tried a different laptop with no luck. Is there any way to know what program is interfering with what?

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did notice that, and redownloading everything was one of the first things I tried. I even tried a different laptop with no luck. Is there any way to know what program is interfering with what?
Do you have any open programs while the conversion process is happening? Also where are you placing your files?

I'm assuming you're placing the not64 forwarder dol in the SOURCE_FILES folder as boot.dol alongside your iconTex.png, bootTvTex.png, and nothing else.

Edit: Are you messing with the files downloaded by JNUSTool? I see the script is flagging the required files as already downloaded, but files that aren't part of the normal script download process are being copied to the working directory.

Last edited by TeconMoon,

desvamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you have any open programs while the conversion process is happening? Also where are you placing your files?

I'm assuming you're placing the not64 forwarder dol in the SOURCE_FILES folder as boot.dol alongside your iconTex.png, bootTvTex.png, and nothing else.

upload_2017-9-29_10-4-20.png

That's everything in the folder, however I have tried removing the bootSound and bootDrc files as well, also at most I have the web browser open. I will try offline and see how that works next.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 100735

That's everything in the folder, however I have tried removing the bootSound and bootDrc files as well, also at most I have the web browser open. I will try offline and see how that works next.
So I see that for some reason the packed game.iso file isn't being deleted after it's converted to NFS, probably what is flagging the "File is being accessed by another program" error message. Therefore when the entire package is getting packed, the ISO file which isn't needed at all is getting packed in.

I see you're running Windows 8 of some sort, is that what both your computers are running? Trying to think why a program would be accessing game.iso a freshly converted file.

Edit: It's possible the indexing service on your machine is interfering with the script, Here's a quick excerpt from https://ss64.com/nt/del.html

If a file (or folder) still appears to be 'undeletable' this is often caused by the indexing service. Stopping the service will often enable the file to be deleted.

Last edited by TeconMoon,

desvamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I see that for some reason the packed game.iso file isn't being deleted after it's converted to NFS, probably what is flagging the "File is being accessed by another program" error message. Therefore when the entire package is getting packed, the ISO file which isn't needed at all is getting packed in.

I see you're running Windows 8 of some sort, is that what both your computers are running? Trying to think why a program would be accessing game.iso a freshly converted file.

Both have windows 8, yes. The script worked fine for injecting wii and gc games before, only now do I have this issue. Is there a way for me to tweak the script to fix that, or maybe to stop it and get the iso out myself and pack it manually?

EDIT: just saw your edit, I'll try that and report back

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ploggy has made one for WiiSX and Not64, I just need his okay to post the link to the forwarders. You have to install both to NAND, not USB, won't work otherwise.
You can post the forwarder's DOL
you can't post the forwarder's pre-compiled encrypted .app CHANNEL to use with WUPInstaller.

The reason is that the pre-compiled app files contain copyrighted nintendo files: first, the fw.img, which is a (patched, c)IOS255, but also the other binary files located in code/content/meta folders of the WiiVC host you use to inject your data into.

The generated ISO injected inside the WiiVC for homebrew application is legal, as long as it doesn't contain a gamecube iso.
but the Script injector is here to make it easy to generate channels using dol or iso files to prevent (or don't incite) users sharing illegal files.

Last edited by Cyan,

desvamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, the errorlog changed a bit with the index disabled, but it still didn't work. If you want to test this out I'd be glad to help, otherwise I'd be happy to stop the process at the iso and do it manually since it seems like the easiest workaround.

Attachments

• errorlog.txt
    81 bytes · Views: 224

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to integrate these patches into CBHC? That would be cool.
you can abuse CBHC's feature.

rename the elf to "mocha.elf" ... see where I'm going?
copy that file to sd:/wiiu/apps/mocha/mocha.elf
set CBHC to autoboot mocha
enjoy?

if it has the signature patch, that's enough to play wiiu games too.
Maybe it will miss some features, like ftpiiu_everywhere?
when you need it, set cbhc to boot sysmenu.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...