Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Load Nintendont manually through vWii and then have it create your save first
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid that won't work. If I open nintendont on vwii (went to the hbc through coldboothax, then opened nintendont), I get the option to open either SD or USB. When I pick USB, I get the message "WARNING: USB FAT device could not be opened". Which isn't so weird, since the USB isn't in a FAT partition to begin with. :unsure:
(perhaps unrelated: I can change the USB settings so memcard emulation is on and a few other things, but when exiting and restarting nintendont, it hasn't saved those settings)

Some more info: I just did the same thing (but more manually) following the guide from the wiivc injector script, and got the same outcome. I guess I'll have to dig through those 200+ pages in the hopes I'm not the first one to notice this. :P

@Burnov: I'm not sure if that was aimed at me, but if so: nope. I had the script check on java, and all was okay on that aspect.

EDIT: solved it...apparently, I had to put a different config file in the root of the sd card. That, and (perhaps) already having a (single) savegame present on the SD card did the trick. :)

Last edited by Taleweaver,

cpstylez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the exact same issue as mrmagillicutti and this also started with Strikers and it actually shuts down my WiiU , I had previously successfully installed Mansion, Sunshine and Melee and they worked just fine.

However, I have since deleted all gc injects and attempted to reinstall and now whenever I boot the injects. Nintendont tells me memory card file is not created.

Would anyone be willing to share their .cfg file with me? As going into vwii or forwarder channel and changing the settings does not work

I adore this program.

I’ve used the GC injection feature a tremendous amount lately. However, as of yesterday it doesn’t work on my WiiU. Namely Strikers and party7. Every title for US I have installed and successfully launched/played. But those two titles, which are the most recent, won’t.

I install using wup installer gx and launch. The splash screen comes up for the particular title, the Wii logo comes on then the screen goes black. With stickers the Wii U will actually just shut down.

Anyone else getting this?

Edit: installing the problem title on nand produces a Wii U system error when launching the game, 199-9999.

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo.. can I not see what directory this program downloads games to? I installed it maybe a year ago, just updated and put a bunch of games into my queue and I can't find where it saves to anywhere. Set a directory is grayed out and the github page says it's in "folder path you choose when installing the program." Sure let me ask that question to myself last year instead of the program telling me.

edit forget it, I found it in a really roundabout way by right clicking my depacked game and clicking manage emulation data.

Last edited by mutinize,

Eddieee

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello friends.
I'm having this problem while opening / installing the app
I search in the forum and found nothing similar to my case.
How can I resolve to reinstall it again?
PS: I am the administrator of my system. Thank you.

Attachments

• Wiiu.png
    Wiiu.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 457
Reactions: enjay

loganfive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all! I've been using usbhelper for a few weeks now. All has been fantastic but today it suddenly stopped working! I get an error when trying to launch "an error occured while contacting server." Check internet connection ect. My internet is working okay, this seems to be the only app unable to connection. Please help! I ran a series of antivirus, adware and junkware tools but still same error! I tried reinstalling the app but still the same. All is lost... ;)

loganfive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all! I've been using usbhelper for a few weeks now. All has been fantastic but today it suddenly stopped working! I get an error when trying to launch "an error occured while contacting server." Check internet connection ect. My internet is working okay, this seems to be the only app unable to connection. Please help! I ran a series of antivirus, adware and junkware tools but still same error! I tried reinstalling the app but still the same. I have the same problem as Eddiee above. Is all lost???... ;)

jr1114

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! I've been using usbhelper for a few weeks now. All has been fantastic but today it suddenly stopped working! I get an error when trying to launch "an error occured while contacting server." Check internet connection ect. My internet is working okay, this seems to be the only app unable to connection. Please help! I ran a series of antivirus, adware and junkware tools but still same error! I tried reinstalling the app but still the same. All is lost... ;)
, It was working earlier for me but it also suddenly stopped working and the same error pops up, hope it gets fixed.

enjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I began using USBHelper yesterday and I believe I am experiencing the same issue. I'm glad it's not just me.

"An error occured while contacting the server. Please check your internet connection and try again. Make sure your firewall and/or antivirus is not not blocking this app. System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel. at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address) at Updater.Form1.UpdateAsync()"

I cannot reinstall, as that provides the same error. It was working fine 2 hours ago, I wonder if this is a server issue? I'm not yet familiar with how USBUpdater works. I have an internet connection, antivirus and firewall are not a problem.

As a side, I'm still new to USBUpdater and learning how to use it. Is there a way to change the download queue order?

Thanks

Reactions: loganfive

loganfive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I began using USBHelper yesterday and I believe I am experiencing the same issue. I'm glad it's not just me.

"An error occured while contacting the server. Please check your internet connection and try again. Make sure your firewall and/or antivirus is not not blocking this app. System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel. at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address) at Updater.Form1.UpdateAsync()"

I cannot reinstall, as that provides the same error. It was working fine 2 hours ago, I wonder if this is a server issue? I'm not yet familiar with how USBUpdater works. I have an internet connection, antivirus and firewall are not a problem.

As a side, I'm still new to USBUpdater and learning how to use it. Is there a way to change the download queue order?

Thanks
Seems to be working now for me but without covers and screenshots and synopsis

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello everyone.

I woke up this morning finding out that for some reason, the https connection could not be established to the server.
I have worked on migrating the essential services to a backup server to solve the issue.
You may as a consequence experience some slowdowns since the backup server is not intended to run the full service but at least it should work.
I am sorry for the inconvenience and I'm trying to do my best with the hosting provider to solve the issue as soon as possible.
I did see in the posts someone mentioning the domain application.wiiusbhelper.com, an idiot probably bought a similar looking domain name to confuse people.
Be careful, the real domain is application.wiiuusbhelper.com (with two u).

Last edited by Hikari06,

Akzar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone.

I woke up this morning finding out that for some reason, the https connection could not be established to the server.
I have worked on migrating the essential services to a backup server to solve the issue.
You may as a consequence experience some slowdowns since the backup server is not intended to run the full service but at least it should work.
I am sorry for the inconvenience and I'm trying to do my best with the hosting provider to solve the issue as soon as possible.
I did see in the posts someone mentioning the domain application.wiiusbhelper.com, an idiot probably bought a similar looking domain name to confuse people.
Be careful, the real domain is application.wiiuusbhelper.com (with two u).
Thank you. You have gone above beyond. Everything from adding the Game Cube injector (very polished might I add) to keepng server alive during down time. I'm glad to have been able to donate.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hikari06

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Small update: I managed to fix the issue I mentioned earlier regarding the gamecube games not finding a memory card. :)

(see my edit in post 3241...at the top of this page)

zerokewl08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. Excited to get into this but have a few issues.

After I installed and dropped in the necessary information, the program gets stuck at the USB Helper is preparing the ticket cache. If I close the windows out the main window opens and it does show some games, but not all. I did read that some of the games may take some time to load up due to all the information needed, however, what concerns me is the fact that the cache doesn't complete loading on install. Is this just a symptom of the long loads for game information, or something else?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    4.8 KB · Views: 486

zerokewl08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. Excited to get into this but have a few issues.

After I installed and dropped in the necessary information, the program gets stuck at the USB Helper is preparing the ticket cache. If I close the windows out the main window opens and it does show some games, but not all. I did read that some of the games may take some time to load up due to all the information needed, however, what concerns me is the fact that the cache doesn't complete loading on install. Is this just a symptom of the long loads for game information, or something else?

Thanks!

Figured it out. When I tried to download one of the games that was available to me I got the following error:
THIS IMPLEMENTATION IS NOT PART OF THE WINDOWS PLATFORM FIPS VALIDATED CRYPTOGRAPHIC ALGORITHMS EXCEPTION

I had to disable "Local Security Setting System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing" policy. Not sure how it got enabled or if its a default thing, but disabling it worked . See steps below on disabling that policy. This fixed both my game downloading problem and the ticket cache issue

Go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative tools > Local Security Policy. The Group Policy dialog appears. Under the "Local Policies" heading, select "Security Options" and look for the entry, "System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing." If this entry is enabled, disable it.

SonGoku78

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi everyone, i changed the titlekey sites location and restarted wii u usb helper, but i still don´t get fire emblem warriors and laytons mystery... shown when i search for them.
Both titles are present on that new titlekey site. So how can i force wii u usb helper to update its databases ? where are they located in file system ? can i just delete them to force the app to create its own databases new ?
thanks for help

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I don't know if anyone asked this question before but "what to do with games that asking to insert the 2nd DVD?"
for example in Metal Gear Solid the twin snakes I've reached the point where i need to insert DVD 2, so what to do here?
there are other few games with multiple discs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o