Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
So regarding the blackscreen for gamecube injected games, i've noticed if i used Mocha CFW instead of Haxchi CFW the game will work just fine, while in Haxchi i'm getting blackscreen after the Wii logo most of the time.
please note that im testing Super Mario Sunshine and MGS: the twine snake installed in external HDD.

Reactions: iPlayerHB

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
So regarding the blackscreen for gamecube injected games, i've noticed if i used Mocha CFW instead of Haxchi CFW the game will work just fine, while in Haxchi i'm getting blackscreen after the Wii logo most of the time.
please note that im testing Super Mario Sunshine and MGS: the twine snake installed in external HDD.
Thanks for reporting back. I do not seem to be able to reproduce these results with CBHC but perhaps it may explain why some people have issues with injections.

Updater.exe in not a valid 32 bit application!
Perhaps the updater did not download properly?
Can you tell me the size of Updater.exe in your installation directory?

Reactions: Lazyboss

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a known Nintendont bug. https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/487

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but Nintendont forwarder is working fine and never face any issue with it even using Haxchi CFW, the only problem is with the injected GC games using Haxchi CFW, while they work just fine using Mocha CFW.
Do GC injects not use Nintendont? If you read further down in that issue page, people mention their gc injects do not work either. If you have a few moments, it would be worth a full read and possibly letting them know your setup if it applies. If I'm wrong, then please disregard. But I thought it worked by loading Nintendont's autoboot forwarder to Nintendont internally loading the injected GC game. They use the Wii U WiiVC Script so you can check that thread on how these are made/work.

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Because it's an eShop release. Check out the title keys site and search for it. You'll see it's only available there as an eShop release. eShop releases require signature patching, hence a CFW is required.
That's weird, I checked Amazon and Just Dance 2018 Wii U does have physical release. And games from cdn that has retail version require no sigpatch.

It's seems that the retail and digital version of JD 2018 treated like two different games. I don't really understand, but is there and particular reason?

Maybe this is Ubisoft's doing

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird, I checked Amazon and Just Dance 2018 Wii U does have physical release. And games from cdn that has retail version require no sigpatch.

It's seems that the retail and digital version of JD 2018 treated like two different games. I don't really understand, but is there and particular reason?

Maybe this is Ubisoft's doing
It just means nobody has uploaded the title key for the retail release. The retail and eShop release always have different title keys.

Reactions: misterdarvus

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It just means nobody has uploaded the title key for the retail release. The retail and eShop release always have different title keys.
Oh I see... So I just have to wait until the title keys uploaded and the game will run without need to sigpatch, right? I should have hold my patience a little longer.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Do GC injects not use Nintendont? If you read further down in that issue page, people mention their gc injects do not work either. If you have a few moments, it would be worth a full read and possibly letting them know your setup if it applies. If I'm wrong, then please disregard. But I thought it worked by loading Nintendont's autoboot forwarder to Nintendont internally loading the injected GC game. They use the Wii U WiiVC Script so you can check that thread on how these are made/work.
So let me clear few things, and please correct me if i misunderstood something.
we must have Nintendont installed in vWii first, the injected game or the Nintendont forwarder in WiiU will actually read the data from the Nintendont installed in vWii correct?
if Nintendont in vWii work fine then the WiiU forwarded channel should work fine as well, as for injected GC game we must use CFW or CBHC for it to work.

now Nintendont work just fine for me in vWii and even the forwarded channel in WiiU using Haxchi, but the injects have a problem using Haxchi, it may work and it may have blackscreen and im forced to reboot, while i like to use Haxchi CFW Mocha in the other hand didnt have problem with the injected games at least for now, i used Mocha for few times with both games and never got the blackscreen, maybe it's just luck but for me Mocha solved the problem for me.

Sorry for the bad English :bow:

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I recommend that you download Updater.exe from here and replace the one in the install directory. This should fix your issue.

So let me clear few things, and please correct me if i misunderstood something.
we must have Nintendont installed in vWii first, the injected game or the Nintendont forwarder in WiiU will actually read the data from the Nintendont installed in vWii correct?
if Nintendont in vWii work fine then the WiiU forwarded channel should work fine as well, as for injected GC game we must use CFW or CBHC for it to work.

now Nintendont work just fine for me in vWii and even the forwarded channel in WiiU using Haxchi, but the injects have a problem using Haxchi, it may work and it may have blackscreen and im forced to reboot, while i like to use Haxchi CFW Mocha in the other hand didnt have problem with the injected games at least for now, i used Mocha for few times with both games and never got the blackscreen, maybe it's just luck but for me Mocha solved the problem for me.

Sorry for the bad English :bow:
No the injections do use Nintendont but it's completely independent from vWii.
It appears the issue comes from Nintendont itself which fails to autoboot properly in some scenarios.
I am not personally involved in its development so there isn't much I can do.
I know the devs know about the issue but, just like during my tests, they apparently cannot reproduce it and therefore cannot fix it for now.
Hopefully when the cause is found, updating Nintendont on your sd card will solve the issue.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I recommend that you download Updater.exe from here and replace the one in the install directory. This should fix your issue.

No the injections do use Nintendont but it's completely independent from vWii.
It appears the issue comes from Nintendont itself which fails to autoboot properly in some scenarios.
I am not personally involved in its development so there isn't much I can do.
I know the devs know about the issue but, just like during my tests, they apparently cannot reproduce it and therefore cannot fix it for now.
Hopefully when the cause is found, updating Nintendont on your sd card will solve the issue.
I see, thank you for clearing things up for me, but aren't all the forwarded channels in Wii u depends on the one in vWii? Which means I can create a channel and I don't even need to mod the vWii?

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anyone having issues with paper mario color splash EUR, tried booting last night but it just got stuck on the sepia splash screen with music playing. had to turn the console off as no buttons did anything, using external HDD with EUR console on 5.5.1 and CBHC.

Soukai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ive tried to inject Baten Kaitos eternal ... Pal through this, but i cant boot it after i install it. Do I have to patch it somehow? i found a 60hz patch, could it help?

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are the gcn games being patched with the custom widescreen patches? I haven't found any issues so far, and also mario kart Wii has wiimmfi patched in too (though, that might have been my own dump)

ficarra1002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has your site been compromised? The download button leads to application.wiiusbhelper.com, which has a big "BUY THIS DOMAIN" button on it, and the program it downloaded (Update.exe) was flagged as a virus by my AV. Maybe mods should edit out the download button until you get things sorted, and perhaps just host on github in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1