Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this tool!!, its working good here on Win10 64bit.

I'd like to leave a little feedback about a couple of things I found to be annoying. If that's ok

1. when a game is 3/4 of the way done and it times out on a file, it takes a long time to recheck the files, especially on big files. When it timesout multiple times it rechecks files its already checked on prior timeouts. is there anyway to keep track of files already checked so it doesn't have to repeat itself every time it timesout?

2. feature request- If a file is interrupted is there anyway to continue were it left off instead of starting over on that file?

If these are possible great, if not thats ok. Thanks!!

Last edited by Thomas83Lin,

RogeCM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i am using windows xp and it does not work in my system operation appears this message below, anybody knows what i have to do to work on windows xp?
Prerequisite check for system component Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64) failed with the following error message:
"Installation of the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is not supported on this operating system. Contact your application vendor."

See the setup log file located at 'C:\DOCUME~1\Rogerio\CONFIG~1\Temp\VSD19.tmp\install.log' for more information.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i am using windows xp and it does not work in my system operation appears this message below, anybody knows what i have to do to work on windows xp?
The more pertinent question is: why are you still using windows xp? I know: it was a great OS in its day, but security-wise it's just a liability.

As is mentioned in the OP, the program works under wine. So even if your only pc is an extremely low-end machine, you can still install linux (say...lubuntu) in a dual-boot setup, get wine and use the program that way. That may sound complicated, but it's really pretty easy (heck...configuring wine is even harder than getting a secondary linux partition* nowadays).

On-topic: I just tried the program (yeah...I'm late), and I'm impressed.

*I can't talk of all the distro's, obviously, but everything based on debian and below (ubuntu, lubuntu, mint, zorin, ...) use a simple wizard that's even simpler than microsoft ever made.

RogeCM

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I watched a video tutorial installing ubuntu at same time with windows xp, can i install ubuntu? because you say in the message for me install lubuntu.

Last edited by RogeCM,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I saw a video tutorial installing ubuntu at same time with windows xp, can i install ubuntu? because you say in the message for me install lubuntu.
Yes you can. Lubuntu is a slight variation of ubuntu, meant for lower-end PC's. Since you still run XP, I assume it's not a modern or lightning fast machine. Therefore, an OS like lubuntu is a bit better (less graphical fluff, better performance). Aside from a different ISO to start with and a different look on the end product (lubuntu's desktop is more similar to XP's, for that matter), I'm about 90% sure that the steps to perform are exactly the same. :)

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Thanks for this tool!!, its working good here on Win10 64bit.

I'd like to leave a little feedback about a couple of things I found to be annoying. If that's ok

1. when a game is 3/4 of the way done and it times out on a file, it takes a long time to recheck the files, especially on big files. When it timesout multiple times it rechecks files its already checked on prior timeouts. is there anyway to keep track of files already checked so it doesn't have to repeat itself every time it timesout?

2. feature request- If a file is interrupted is there anyway to continue were it left off instead of starting over on that file?

If these are possible great, if not thats ok. Thanks!!
Yeah this could be possible but what concerns me more is why you are getting so many timeouts in the first place.
I just came here to say: Very cool update! Love that multiple selection! Thank you OP!
You're welcome :)
I would love to be able to use this tool, but sadly, it just won't work for me. It crashes right after you start it. Here's the dump: https://mega.nz/#!7E0WyS6K!21qvXNLzjgX84ZJtF2Vm1cdeuOHAP0jdygNthBkwy9Q
I've just quicly checked your dump file but I couldn't get any exception code. Did you dump the file when the app had already crashed?

Reactions: lordelan

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've just quicly checked your dump file but I couldn't get any exception code. Did you dump the file when the app had already crashed?
As the app crashes almost immediately after opening it I basically have no other choice :D

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
As the app crashes almost immediately after opening it I basically have no other choice :D
Alright, I'll keep investing then.
Sorry if I have already asked you this but are you blocking any nus servers?
Have you also tried clearing the cache in %appdata%usb_helper?

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, I'll keep investing then.
Sorry if I have already asked you this but are you blocking any nus servers?
Have you also tried clearing the cache in %appdata%usb_helper?
Yes, I've tried clearing the cache but to no avail.

I am blocking the NUS servers but only for the IP address of my Wii U, not my PC

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this could be possible but what concerns me more is why you are getting so many timeouts in the first place.
during the day my internet is bogged down, so its really slow and unstable. I managed to download the game over the night. So that's not a problem with your app

Last edited by Thomas83Lin,

Willzor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
European location 100mbit downstream.
I guess multiple threads are not allowed/possible ?
You can use multiple threads, my question for you is : anyone on your network downloading at the same time as you? also have your setup your network card to accept the 100MB/S connection?

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
You can use multiple threads, my question for you is : anyone on your network downloading at the same time as you? also have your setup your network card to accept the 100MB/S connection?
It was my QoS settings, it downloaded after disabling it with 10mb/s which is fine.
But now my problem is that the program crashed when i added 10-15 games and it lost the download list after it crashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: