Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yo all, what does the import funcion do. I have my downloads on another usb drive. I would like to "import" this without
moving them to the default download location. I alo changed the folder location to the usb drive, and then tried to import
the games. But still the msg is there that it will copy it all and or rename the already downloaded files.

The app will move them regardless, but if you set the folder to the USB drive, they'll simply be moved to the folder structure of the app.
Let's say your USB is E: and they're in a folder called downloads

and you set the the app folder to E:\download

it'll move the games to e:\downloads\data\XXX

The app will always create a folder called DATA and subfolders based on what the downloads are (DLC/ESHOP/UPDATES/GAMES)

but this way they'll remain on the USB drive, and no there's no way to change the structure at this time and no, there's no way to not move the files.

Hope that helps

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just fixed mine , delete the one space :)

I just tested it and deleted the single space folder and it detected it as not downloaded after I did a refresh.

In my case it's the double space that I have to delete, that's odd.

Last edited by Khar00f,
Reactions: ppeterr

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could someone tell me why at first, when i launched it, then added the title key site at the bottom field , it showed 355 titles available for download, then when i closed it after grabbing Runbow, i noticed now only 203 game are available?

I think there may be a bug of sorts. I uninstalled it and added the title key site again, it still loads only 203 for some reason. I didn't choose the "archive rar" method. soon as i paste the site in the field, it auto closes and lists the games available for download in the database. Only issue is i am over 150 games short for some reason. Now mind you, when i first set it up, the app listed 355 games but now only 203 games listed. anyone have an idea why this is happening and a solution?

Last edited by morpheous,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
could someone tell me why at first, when i launched it, then added the title key site at the bottom field , it showed 355 titles available for download, then when i closed it after grabbing Runbow, i noticed now only 203 game are available?

I think there may be a bug of sorts. I uninstalled it and added the title key site again, it still loads only 203 for some reason. I didn't choose the "archive rar" method. soon as i paste the site in the field, it auto closes and lists the games available for download in the database. Only issue is i am over 150 games short for some reason. Now mind you, when i first set it up, the app listed 355 games but now only 203 games listed. anyone have an idea why this is happening and a solution?

That's a bug. It's been fixed in v82, which is available now. Everything should be back to normal (except for a few event titles which are now hidden)

tag24

Trophies
XP
Country
So, we're not able to install VC games without RedNand according to the program - what happens if you try without it installed? How come RedNand is required to install those and not other Wii U games? Sorry, bit new to all this!

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
So, we're not able to install VC games without RedNand according to the program - what happens if you try without it installed? How come RedNand is required to install those and not other Wii U games? Sorry, bit new to all this!
Actually you can install them on sysnand but you will require signature patching (otherwise they won't even install).
This is required because these titles require per-console tickets contrary to disc games which have universal tickets.

tag24

Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible for you to direct me somewhere I could learn to do that? Is there an application you have to use, or... how would one go about signature patching?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Would it be possible for you to direct me somewhere I could learn to do that? Is there an application you have to use, or... how would one go about signature patching?
I just saw this thread on that iso site. Is it really possible?
EDIT: Yes, it's possible!

"Thanks to some users on GBATemp, they've discovered that you can actually run IOSU on SysNAND and install DLC, Eshop, and VC just like you could in RedNAND, all without needing RedNAND. Wii VC works too! All it requires is for you to run CFWBooter and use FIX94's fw.img file. You can enjoy all the benefits of RedNAND right on SysNAND, great for those who don't have a big enough SD card for RedNAND. Just note that this is only useful for as long as there isn't a new system update. So you'd best keep blocking updates. As of now, Tubehax is down 11-9-16. So use

Chncdcksn-DNS:
Primary: 104.236.072.203
Secondary: 104.236.072.203

You can either disable this DNS to download game updates, or use NNUPatcher. Or you can download game updates with something like WiiU USB Helper and install it with WUP Installer. Just be sure to re-enable it when you're done with game updates. You never know when Nintendo will surprise us with an update.

Downloads:
-FIX94 fw.img
-Homebrew launcher
-Wup Installer

Instructions:

1) Extract the files from the zip onto your SD card, replace if any exists
2) Put the SD into the WiiU, launch the browser and go to loadiine.ovh to launch Homebrew Launcher
3) Choose CFWBooter and it'll bring you to a red menu. Wait for it to finish and it'll boot you back to the home menu, but with IOSU patches

From here you can install DLC, Eshop games, and VC games using WUP Installer as usual. By loading Homebrew Launcher and choosing WUPInstaller Y Mod.

You need to launch CFWBooter each time you turn on your Wii U to renable IOSU patches before you can use DLC, Eshop games, VC, or Wii VC.
Also, DLC must be installed to USB. Therefore, the game must be installed to USB. Else the DLC will disappear on next boot.

Once we get coldbooting possibilities via chihax, we'll be able to easily boot up CFWBooter and get instant access to patched SysNAND every time.

• You need to launch CFWBooter each time you turn on your Wii U to renable IOSU patches before you can use DLC, Eshop games, VC, or Wii VC.
  • Once we get coldbooting possibilities via chihax, we'll be able to easily boot up CFWBooter and get instant access to patched SysNAND every time.
  • It's completely safe for as long as you're only installing games, DLC, updates, etc. Just don't try installing system titles, stick to the usual stuff!
  • Don't try to install SysConfigTool, nobody reported anything about it so avoid it
  • Region free still doesn't work, but I heard that you can edit a game's xml file. I have no tutorials on that and don't know how it works yet."
Credits: someone on that iso site

Just make sure never to install any system title or you will brick!

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't run the program in about two days. I ran it today, it updated, and I got a notification new updates were available for five games. I chose "yes" to download them. Now I notice those games and a number of others no long appear under the "Downloaded" header. I still have the data. Any ideas?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I haven't run the program in about two days. I ran it today, it updated, and I got a notification new updates were available for five games. I chose "yes" to download them. Now I notice those games and a number of others no long appear under the "Downloaded" header. I still have the data. Any ideas?

Hello if you are talking about updates then it's normal. The application is designed to only allow people to download the latest version of an update at a given time, to avoid confusion. If new updates are available and have not been downloaded yet then it's normal for them to appear as not downloaded since the application will automically switch to the newest update available, discarding older versions.

Also please note that there was a bug a few days ago which caused the app to add an extra space in the title of some games. If you have downloaded games with this version of the app then they will not show up in the fixed version. Importing these games may solve the issue since they will be renamed accordingly.

Last edited by Hikari06,

2safe4you

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I startet the Programm every Day some times to check there is a update available.
Nothing.
Now i read there is a function to mark them as installed and you write there is a new V82 Version available.

On Top in the past was the Versionnumber... but not now...
NoVersion.JPG

What happens ??

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those games should appear under "Downloaded" again now, though, since I grabbed the updates. :/ Instead, one of the games I was notified about, Art Academy SketchPad, now says "Game Status: Not Downloaded" despite the fact that I have the game in full on my harddrive. Nothing has changed. It installed successfully the other day. Other games which did not have updates, including VC titles, now show up as "Not Downloaded" as well. This is new, and again, the only thing that has changed on my end is the program updated.

Edit: I see what happened. You changed the naming format and eliminated double spaces in certain titles. I imported them all successfully. For reference, this affected 7 titles in my downloaded games.

Last edited by galneon,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Those games should appear under "Downloaded" again now, though, since I grabbed the updates. :/ Instead, one of the games I was notified about, Art Academy SketchPad, now says "Game Status: Not Downloaded" despite the fact that I have the game in full on my harddrive. Nothing has changed. It installed successfully the other day. Other games which did not have updates, including VC titles, now show up as "Not Downloaded" as well. This is new, and again, the only thing that has changed on my end is the program updated.
I'm sorry but have you read my message to the end ?
I startet the Programm every Day some times to check there is a update available.
Nothing.
Now i read there is a function to mark them as installed and you write there is a new V82 Version available.

On Top in the past was the Versionnumber... but not now...View attachment 69659

What happens ??

This happens if you launch the executable directly, not using the shortcut created in the start menu. If you don't do that the app will not update!

Last edited by Hikari06,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Hikari06 Just wanna say Thank you!
Loving your Tool you made!

Was easy for a noob to Use! xD

CxUlnQ4XgAEAUna.jpg:large

But sometimes the Tool does Randomly Crash!
Is that Normal?

SinonX3

Hey, thanks for your message :)
I'm glad you like the app!
Obvously it's not normal for it to crash xD
Next time it does, it would be very helpful if you could create a dump file (do not close the crash dialog, right click on the process in the task manager) and send it to me via pm.
crash.png

kobayashi90

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ryuko.space
XP
Country
Iceland
Hey, thanks for your message :)
I'm glad you like the app!
Obvously it's not normal for it to crash xD
Next time it does, it would be very helpful if you could create a dump file (do not close the crash dialog, right click on the process in the task manager) and send it to me via pm.
crash.png

Okay, will do that next Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7