Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi! First of all, very nice app!

Some change requests from my side:
  • I think the name of the title should be taken from the nintendo shop site instead of the tik databases
    The names from different DBs are not consistent and I think it is better to have a consistent name scheme

• Could you add subfolders for the regions where the data is stored or add the region code to the game folder itself (prefering region subfolders)
    like:
    GAMES/EUR/MarioGame [aabbccdd...]
    GAMES/US/MarioGame [bbccddee...]

or:
    GAMES/MarioGame (EUR) [aabbccdd...]
    GAMES/MarioGame (US) [bbccddee...]

• Could you add a feature to download the covers, screenshots aso to HD too? Only loading them from the net if they are not present already

Thank you! Keep up the good work. The app looks nice and works like a charm.

Hello and thank you for your suggestions.
Unfortunately it will be tricky to change the name of the folders now without affecting the download of everyone who has been using the application since its release.
Regarding covers, banners, and icons, those are automatically cached by the application and only need to be downloaded once.

Im downloading like 80 gb of games and i have a little question that i think is irrelevant but id still like to ask in case i have to stop my downloads now and start all over, when i started the app it asked me to introduce at the last part the address to that key site and it never asked me again, then i started downloading the games, so i asume they all will have the ticket required for me to just move my games to my sd and then install them on my wii u usb or do i have to get those tickets manually for each of the games i just downloaded? cause iv been checking forlders and i see a title.tik file on each game folder so i asumed that its ok, am i right?

Yes you are correct, the app will automatically add or generate the tickets from the source it has been provided with

Last edited by Hikari06,

mediavieja

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello and thank you for your questions.
Unfortunately it will be tricky to change the name of the folders now without affecting the download of everyone who has been using the application since its release.
Regarding covers, banners, and icons, those are automatically cached by the application and only need to be downloaded once.

Yes you are correct, the app will automatically add or generate the tickets from the source it has been provided with

Thanks you and keep up the good work, the app is amazing :-) i have one more question and is about the VC games, do they download in Loadiine format or they can be installed only in RedNAND?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Thanks you and keep up the good work, the app is amazing :-) i have one more question and is about the VC games, do they download in Loadiine format or they can be installed only in RedNAND?

The application does not produce files compatible with Loadiine regardless of what type of content (update,game,vc,etc...) you download.
VC applications are special and require forged tickets which cannot be executed on a system without sigpatch.
Rednand will indeed enable you to use them, although it is also possible to patch sysnand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Small update guys, update 0.6.1.52 brings an additional white theme !
If you wanna switch, just go to the "Other" tab at the bottom of the window :)
Check it out !
.eJwNyMsNwyAMANBdGABUm1-yDSKIRE1shB31EHX39h3fY-55mtXsqkNW57ZDKs_NivIsvdnO3M9WxiG28uWKaqn71UjFgfeAOUDKERF8XOBfYck-JkwpY8zhBe6mN_GH7KBuvj8JoSLz.SxUGsGpAOoKP6ujbm9IiSjSPdYw

z0mb3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello and thank you for your suggestions.

Of course, a rename function would be needed. Regex are fine for that.
I estimate you are using C#:

string pattern = @"(\[[0-9a-fA-F]\]){16}"; // 16 chars of hex
Regex rgx = new Regex(pattern);
string dirName = GetFolderNameInGAMES();

foreach (Match match in rgx.Matches(dirName))
{
Console.WriteLine("Found '{0}' at position {1}", match.Value, match.Index);
}

This code should parse the 16 char hex string used in current format and make it possible to rename to a consistent name.

Last edited by z0mb3,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Of course, a rename function would be needed. Regex are fine for that.
I estimate you are using C#:

string pattern = @"\A\b[0-9a-fA-F]{16}\b\Z"; // 16 chars of hex
Regex rgx = new Regex(pattern);
string dirName = GetFolderNameInGAMES();

foreach (Match match in rgx.Matches(dirName))
{
Console.WriteLine("Found '{0}' at position {1}", match.Value, match.Index);
}

This code should parse the 16 char hex string used in current format and make it possible to rename to a consistent name.

I didn't say this wasn't doable, I'm just saying that this folder structure has been decided throughout development, I cannot please everybody with it. So at some point a choice has to be made.

z0mb3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I didn't say this wasn't doable, I'm just saying that this folder structure has been decided throughout development, I cannot please everybody with it. So at some point a choice has to be made.

Hey no problem! it's your programm.
It was just a suggestion and thought you may like it too ;)

David Rico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Congratulations man, again, I have no more words, the tool is just amazing!
It is working perfect! :D

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hey no problem! it's your programm.
It was just a suggestion and thought you may like it too ;)
Yeah and it was a good one :) In fact the app used to sort games this way but people said there were too many folders. So, well, as you can see I had to chose between two opposed visions. And as timed passed I got kinda stuck. Renaming is possible but at this point I'm not sure people would like me to mess with their library.

Congratulations man, again, I have no more words, the tool is just amazing!
It is working perfect! :D
Thanks, I'm glad you like it :)

Last edited by Hikari06,

Sepalod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, i just take a look at this app and it seems to be very nice. I have one question. If i make my own rar with tickets, will i included my modified tickets or my unmodified tickets in this rar archive. The question is, if the app will modify the tickets by itself?

Thx

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi, i just take a look at this app and it seems to be very nice. I have one question. If i make my own rar with tickets, will i included my modified tickets or my unmodified tickets in this rar archive. The question is, if the app will modify the tickets by itself?

Thx

No, the app will not modify tickets

Afraidium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hikari06 Only a few of my downloaded games are showing up.
Can you please show what the file structure looks like within the "DATA" folder please and thank you?

All of the game downloads are in the ESHOP folder. I However only NES Remix and the like are showing in your app.

EDIT: Resolved, there was an issue due to a certain site that hosts files related to this.

Last edited by Afraidium,

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
This program is legendary :)
I've got another question though. With regards to DLC, will that only work with rednand? I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I work..............a lot :wacko:

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Ohhh my good !
How cool it that ?

Awesome

You need a translation into
gm.gif
GERMAN
gm.gif
?

Hey, thanks.
I'm waiting for the ui to be finalized before getting into translations :)

This program is legendary :)
I've got another question though. With regards to DLC, will that only work with rednand? I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I work..............a lot :wacko:

Go check my first post, I explain everyting :)

2safe4you

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Idea:
You have: GAME Info | Screenshot

Maybe you can create a third one: GAME Info | Screenshot | YouTube
Try to find over a YouTube search:
[Gamename]+Wii+U+Gameplay

If i press on Show Folder, nothing happens.

tallpr24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love this app but i need help. when i launch it, it ask me for at icket site or archive, i pasted <snip>, the app accepted and launched. I started to download all the games i wanted but i noticed each game says in red letter to the right"this game does not have dlc, or the ticket is missing. is this normal? should i cancell all my downloads? here is a screen shot.

Attachments

• Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: No linking to that -rp

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
If i press on Show Folder, nothing happens.

Maybe you already have a explorer window opened on this folder ?

i love this app but i need help. when i launch it, it ask me for at icket site or archive, i pasted <snip>, the app accepted and launched. I started to download all the games i wanted but i noticed each game says in red letter to the right"this game does not have dlc, or the ticket is missing. is this normal? should i cancell all my downloads? here is a screen shot.

No, there's nothing to worry about, only a few games have dlc.

Last edited by raulpica,

tallpr24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you already have a explorer window opened on this folder ?

No, there's nothing to worry about, only a few games have dlc.
how can i tell if the game has the correct ticket? will this app tell me? is this a goo site to paste for this app?

if i choose to download the updates for these games will it install the updates unto the games for me or do i have manually intall them from sd card to usb ?

Last edited by tallpr24,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
how can i tell if the game has the correct ticket? will this app tell me? is this a goo site to paste for this app?

If I were you I would quickly edit my post and remove the link to that site ;)

No, the app cannot modify a game without breaking signatrures.
Updates must be installed separatly.

Last edited by Hikari06,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone