Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

ShinHadoukenX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm an OG CBHC user. All my games are loaded through external HDD. If I make the transition to Tiramisu, will it require me to reformat the HDD and I lose all my games?

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not as simple as you think. Yes, you can create a .rpx from a .elf by just adding the elf2rpl tool to the makefile but the result will be a completely broken .rpx which does nothing but crashing your console. What you would need to do is understanding why the tools in question won't work, then rewriting them (most likely from scratch) to do what you want. When you're that far into development you'll most likely note that you can't write Tirmaisu payloads that simple and just wait for the next big thing (Aroma) before touching any line of code again.

Thanks a ton for that info, I went in thinking it was more like a build option to generate a .rpx from the C code. I guess .elf is what all the tools are built around. I will stop here and wait for actual Wii U devs to release what they will.

Curious what kind of toolchain actually gets people to .rpx executables though if the existing devkitPro PPC compiler can't generate .rpx code (though I could be misunderstanding that).

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Curious what kind of toolchain actually gets people to .rpx executables though if the existing devkitPro PPC compiler can't generate .rpx code (though I could be misunderstanding that).
It is able to create .rpx but .elf is an older, fundamentally different format. In fact .elf does use the PPC compiler but not the WUT toolchain. So one has to port from that old way to WUT to be able to compile a .rpx from code designed to be compiled as .elf.

Homebrew ELF files are loaded from the SD card or over the network (using tools like wiiload) into a special memory range (0x00800000) and executed. This memory range is only 8 MiB (including HBL's sd_loader), so the homebrew is limited in size. These so-called HBL ELF files were the gold standard in homebrew for years
When loading an RPX file, HBL uses the system's native loader; integrating homebrew apps into the system far more smoothly. This removes most of the restrictions of HBL ELF - executables can be as large as a retail game, and all OS libraries are available. The "wut" toolchain can build RPX files compatible with HBL, providing a much better development experience than traditional HBL ELF toolchains
Source: https://github.com/yawut/ProgrammingOnTheU/blob/master/tutorial/Chapter 1.md

ShinHadoukenX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed the installation guide all the way through. When I open Mii Maker to get into homebrew launcher I get a black screen with -11 on TV and gamepad. What did I miss?

Dancingdragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi. Someone can help with this? I try to download the DLC of botw but says this:
"Make sure you didn't forget to install 01_sigpatches.rpx from the guide tiramisú sd preparation.
Also file might be corrupt.
I check that, and the file sigpatches Is There! What i'm doing wrong? Or the file DLC Is not working? Cause Is region usa the game of botw and i choose the usa región for the DLC but that mesagge appears! But... If i choose de EUR DLC of botw It download fine the message not appears. But of curse if the game Is USA región the DLC of EUR región Is not gonna work. I want that DLC. Please help me :(

Rabbidking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed my issue. 👍🏻
I'm having the same -11 issue, can you explain what you did to fix it?

EDIT: nvm, I'm dumb, I think my SD card got a bit messed up switching back and forth (and also somehow didn't have the homebrew launcher .elf, despite being able to launch into it prior), but after some tinkering I'm back in

Last edited by Rabbidking,

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You know that you can redownload the software you bought in the past? The store is closed yes, but paid software can still be downloaded.
Yeah i find it hilarious that people think we'll loose access to our legit purchased software because the Eshop is clossing down... Also find it hilarious how now people are pro Wii U when they spent 10 years shitting on it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's that way in every scene when a system's store is going to close. I'd imagine they'd be in for a class action lawsuit if they ever prevented you from downloading your legit purchases.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah i find it hilarious that people think we'll loose access to our legit purchased software because the Eshop is clossing down... Also find it hilarious how now people are pro Wii U when they spent 10 years shitting on it.
Yeah. It baffles me how dumb some of the people are xD

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1