Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does it mean when it always boots to the Environment Loader? I've already set tiramisu as my default environment and Wii U Menu as my default autoboot. But every time I restart it boots the Enviro loader. My first step was to uninstall CBHC, but the homebrew app is stioll on the home screen. I don't think I had Haxchi itself installed...

AQS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What does it mean when it always boots to the Environment Loader? I've already set tiramisu as my default environment and Wii U Menu as my default autoboot. But every time I restart it boots the Enviro loader. My first step was to uninstall CBHC, but the homebrew app is stioll on the home screen. I don't think I had Haxchi itself installed...

It could mean that your SD card is in read-only mode. There's 2 config files on the SD card that gets written to when you set autoboot. Have a look and make sure that little plastic notch is not set to read-only on the SD card.

If that doesn't work, you can confirm if if you have these 2 files?

\wiiu\environments\default.cfg

\wiiu\environments\tiramisu\autoboot.cfg

If you open these 2 files with notepad is there anything in them or are they blank? If they are both blank you could delete them both and the system can create fresh new ones after you enable autoboot again.

.. and if all of that fails maybe try a new SD card.

• Love
Reactions: ldeveraux

willianholtz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.menteinsanabfs.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Excellent, I did it on my wii u today and it worked perfectly. Although I removed the "50_hbl_installer.rpx" to be able to run Retroarch!

But I have two questions:
1 - I used Haxchi to enter WiiFlow directly, with TIRAMISU this doesn't happen anymore, and I need a FORWARDER, does anyone have it or can teach me how to do it?
2 - For me to remove my Haxchi, just delete the game "Brain Age"??

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent, I did it on my wii u today and it worked perfectly. Although I removed the "50_hbl_installer.rpx" to be able to run Retroarch!

But I have two questions:
1 - I used Haxchi to enter WiiFlow directly, with TIRAMISU this doesn't happen anymore, and I need a FORWARDER, does anyone have it or can teach me how to do it?
2 - For me to remove my Haxchi, just delete the game "Brain Age"??
the second question, yes, then redownload if you care about the game or if it's on usb already by copy, it's okay.

Reactions: willianholtz

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could mean that your SD card is in read-only mode. There's 2 config files on the SD card that gets written to when you set autoboot. Have a look and make sure that little plastic notch is not set to read-only on the SD card.

If that doesn't work, you can confirm if if you have these 2 files?

\wiiu\environments\default.cfg

\wiiu\environments\tiramisu\autoboot.cfg

If you open these 2 files with notepad is there anything in them or are they blank? If they are both blank you could delete them both and the system can create fresh new ones after you enable autoboot again.

.. and if all of that fails maybe try a new SD card.
Wow, that's 2 stupid errors on my part thus far! I hadn't noticed the lock switch on the SD adapter had slid back and locked the card. Thanks for pointing that out I was silly...

Reactions: Kopimist and AQS

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed a HBL Channel to the Main menu since we have Signature patches now, though I'm not sure if there are issues associated with doing that
Oh lol, don't worry about me, I made the change forever ago at this point. Keeping Homebrew as a part of the Mii Maker channel will break .elf homebrew loading, so if you have .elf homebrew you wish to load, then what you want to do is remove the file 50_hbl_installer.rpx from your SD card. This removes the Homebrew Channel from the Mii Maker channel, but you can still use a separate Homebrew Loader channel, which is what I was already doing, so this setup works great for me. Granted without that module I can't autoboot from the environment loader into the Homebrew Channel, but I can still quickstart into the Homebrew Loader from the quickstart menu on my GamePad, so really it all works out.

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh lol, don't worry about me, I made the change forever ago at this point. Keeping Homebrew as a part of the Mii Maker channel will break .elf homebrew loading, so if you have .elf homebrew you wish to load, then what you want to do is remove the file 50_hbl_installer.rpx from your SD card. This removes the Homebrew Channel from the Mii Maker channel, but you can still use a separate Homebrew Loader channel, which is what I was already doing, so this setup works great for me. Granted without that module I can't autoboot from the environment loader into the Homebrew Channel, but I can still quickstart into the Homebrew Loader from the quickstart menu on my GamePad, so really it all works out.
"I can't autoboot from the environment loader into the Homebrew Channel" It seems weird though that they didn't add any options to customize the Autoboot menu items.

Or a way to get back to the Environment loader without rebooting...

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I can't autoboot from the environment loader into the Homebrew Channel" It seems weird though that they didn't add any options to customize the Autoboot menu items.

Or a way to get back to the Environment loader without rebooting...
Aroma is gonna be all about autobooting plugins and other modules is my understanding. Though they did release the blupair module that automatically boots in Tiramisu behind the scenes, that's pretty cool.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't most homebrew still .elf? Well, any of the useful ones.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't most homebrew still .elf? Well, any of the useful ones.
Some important ones are, like vWii channel forwarders (such as USBLoader GX), SDCafiine is, the Plugin System is, and I think the vWii overclock app (always forget it's proper name) is too.

.elf is outdated and restricted compared to .rpx though, that's part of what this move is all about it seems. In order to push the limits of what can be done in these environments, it appears that it will be important for .elf to be left behind. My understanding is that Aroma straight up wont load .elf homebrew at all. At least that's what I last heard a few months back from Maschell himself.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Press R when your turning on your console. Then open the game, it'll work.
Do you have a list of what each button does? I don't see any info. So far: I only know: B for Payloadloader & X for Environment loader and now R for what?

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Some important ones are, like vWii channel forwarders (such as USBLoader GX), SDCafiine is, the Plugin System is, and I think the vWii overclock app (always forget it's proper name) is too.

.elf is outdated and restricted compared to .rpx though, that's part of what this move is all about it seems. In order to push the limits of what can be done in these environments, it appears that it will be important for .elf to be left behind. My understanding is that Aroma straight up wont load .elf homebrew at all. At least that's what I last heard a few months back from Maschell himself.
sign c2w patcher?

Reactions: Kopimist and OrGoN3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Announcer - "Ok folks we have a good fight today, Bakerman takes on Wario. This should be a good...