NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Any reason to go with this over my CBHC I installed years ago?
1. Bricking your console is way less of a risk, it uses the Health and safety app, which you normally can't uninstall by accident nor it is linked to a specific user account.
2. Updating is simple, you just have to replace the files from your SD card with the ones, you don't have to reinstall the entire thing on your console.
3. It can autoboot with other homebrews like Bloopair.
4. It supports quick start menu and standby functionality.

CESARE09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Eu fiz um procedimento de instalar o tiramisu, e deu tudo certo, ai fui seguir um outro tutorial, aonde trocava uns arquivos via FIlezilla, após isso, o console liga passa da tela de wii U, e fica tudo preto com a musica tocando, apos isso so da pra desliga o console tirando da tomada

preciso de ajuda 😭😭😭
Quais arquivos você moveu através do filezzilla? Para que era o tutorial?

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The HBLInstallerWrapper has been updated:

Download the latest Tiramisu package here: https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe/package/tiramisu (Click on "Download All" and copy the files to your sd card)

Some people reporting crashes when launching into games while having the 50_hbl_installer.rpx in their modules directory. Turns out there is a bug in the 6 year old sd_loader code nobody has noticed before. Some application/games will only launch if you run the homebrew launcher before, but this has been fixed now. Please report if there are still some game that will crash :)

Changelog:
- Fix launching various applications such as the Amiibo Setting when not running the homebrew launcher before.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
2 questions.
1) Is there a way to add Padcon in the autoboot? so the system can load Mocha & Padcon from the beginning?
2) In case i want to run Cafeiine, can i still do it from the homebrew launcher?

Jesusbiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, thank you so much for this. I have a question. Is there a way to fix a crash that I have when launching The Amazing Spiderman? The game just play the boot screen and music.

Jesusbiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated the Homebrew and it worked. Thank you.

Download the latest Tiramisu package here: https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe/package/tiramisu (Click on "Download All" and copy the files to your sd card)

Some people reporting crashes when launching into games while having the 50_hbl_installer.rpx in their modules directory. Turns out there is a bug in the 6 year old sd_loader code nobody has noticed before. Some application/games will only launch if you run the homebrew launcher before, but this has been fixed now. Please report if there are still some game that will crash :)

Changelog:
- Fix launching various applications such as the Amiibo Setting when not running the homebrew launcher before.

Reactions: neph00 and Maschell

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright, previously, when I quickstart launched Mario Kart 8 from my USB, it would only bring me to my Wii U menu. I've now moved Mario Kart 8 to the NAND. And upon quickstart launching it now, it does indeed launch.

It would appear that quickstart in Tiramisu wont be able launch games on your USB drive. But NAND games are not a problem.

I can cope with that, I'll just make sure to put only my favorite games on my NAND. I had been putting all my games on the USB drive anyways, so I have the space to spare.
Funny. When I tried it, it worked just fine.

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for doing the testing and confirmation on this! Definitely a bummer to read though, I tend to bounce around so moving stuff to NAND is probably more headache than it would be worth to me. Definitely sticking to CBHC for now after reading this

but I thought there was no quick launch on CBHC?

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It would appear that quickstart in Tiramisu wont be able launch games on your USB drive. But NAND games are not a problem.
This should work just fine. I can quickstart into titles on USB without issues.

Maybe this is related to the hard drive disconnected popups some other users are having.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Maybe this is related to the hard drive disconnected popups some other users are having.
Makes sense for it to be a storage issue. I never had problems with it disconnecting myself.

Jesusbiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for doing the testing and confirmation on this! Definitely a bummer to read though, I tend to bounce around so moving stuff to NAND is probably more headache than it would be worth to me. Definitely sticking to CBHC for now after reading this
I run my games on USB without any problem...

ZipMartin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you so much for this. I had bought this used Wii U with haxchi installed and now I can finally delete the old users who came along. The problem is I need both their Nintendo Network ID passwords in order to to that. Is there another way of kicking them out without using their passwords or will I have to format the Wii U?

If there's no other way than formatting, the only thing installed to the NAND are forwarders to the homebrew channel and WUP installer gx2, but what else do I need to backup? Are my saves on the HDD where all my games are installed? Will each of those games still appear on the Wii U Menu after formatting?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Changelog:

Sorry to bother you, Maschell.
I pointed out some slight things and questions about Tiramisu, and I'm not sure if you could perhaps shed some light on these 3 points I posted.
I mostly interested in point 1 and 3, since I'm not sure if #1 is actually a glitch/bug, and if #3 is possible with Tiramisu or not.

Thanks for all the work and love for WiiU! I still it daily and it's always a wonder to see things still bein released and worked on for it :D

I have some points to make, however, so maybe someone can take them into consideration, and/or answer my doubs:
  1. I think I read this on the thread, but I am experiencing a slight graphical glitch/bug when autobooting Tiramisu+WiiU Home Menu. The graphics glitch out a bit with a white glitched rectangle on the lower right part of the screen when the screen goes black, and then a glitched black line going through horizontally when the "WiiU" icon appears before entering Home Menu properly. Outside of that, I haven't notice anything else.
  2. While I installed everything, I am still not sure if Mocha (or whatever CFW Tiramisu is using) is running right on the autoboot or not. How can I tell if it is running?
  3. Given Tiramisu is all up and running, is it possible to run the Dark Mode plugin right on startup?
    Like this one: https://github.com/V10lator/WUPS_dark_mode_plugin/releases/tag/v2.1

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. Bricking your console is way less of a risk, it uses the Health and safety app, which you normally can't uninstall by accident nor it is linked to a specific user account.
2. Updating is simple, you just have to replace the files from your SD card with the ones, you don't have to reinstall the entire thing on your console.
3. It can autoboot with other homebrews like Bloopair.
4. It supports quick start menu and standby functionality.
...............if that's all then I'm sticking with CBHC - worked flawlessly since installation.

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for this. I had bought this used Wii U with haxchi installed and now I can finally delete the old users who came along. The problem is I need both their Nintendo Network ID passwords in order to to that. Is there another way of kicking them out without using their passwords or will I have to format the Wii U?

If there's no other way than formatting, the only thing installed to the NAND are forwarders to the homebrew channel and WUP installer gx2, but what else do I need to backup? Are my saves on the HDD where all my games are installed? Will each of those games still appear on the Wii U Menu after formatting?
Are you on regular Haxchi or CBHC? If Haxchi you should be able to format to get around this but if youre on CBHC you MUST properly unininstall it BEFORE formatting or you will brick!

As for backing up save data etc I'll let someone else chime in on that as I'm not sure how to do that. Just be aware that without properly backing up save data etc you will lose it with a format!

ZipMartin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are you on regular Haxchi or CBHC? If Haxchi you should be able to format to get around this but if youre on CBHC you MUST properly unininstall it BEFORE formatting or you will brick!

As for backing up save data etc I'll let someone else chime in on that as I'm not sure how to do that. Just be aware that without properly backing up save data etc you will lose it with a format!
I was on regular Haxchi. I have uninstalled it and I'm already using Tiramisu. I just want to get rid of those old users without the need a system format, if it's possible, or know what I might lose by formatting.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah it's very odd, it would seem that not all usb hard drives are equal with this setup. Some have no issue, mine works except quick booting a USB game only returns me to the menu, while others get an issue after leaving the quick boot menu with the disconnected message popping up.

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry to bother you, Maschell.
I pointed out some slight things and questions about Tiramisu, and I'm not sure if you could perhaps shed some light on these 3 points I posted.
I mostly interested in point 1 and 3, since I'm not sure if #1 is actually a glitch/bug, and if #3 is possible with Tiramisu or not.
I already answered similiar question a few pages ago.
1. Yes thats normal
2. There is no visual feedback it should just load, but without mocha tiramisu won't work properly so would probably get a crash.
3. Not possible without breaking existing homebrews, this will be a things for aroma though (the "main" environment I am working on)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.