[Release] The Great Ace Attorney - Episode 2 English Patch

frontonly.jpg

The latest patch for The Great Ace Attorney (Episode 1+2) is out! You can grab it at the Github link below.

ENG 2.1.0

Download: https://github.com/StarStabbedMoon/DGS-ENG/releases
Typos and errors can be reported here: https://github.com/StarStabbedMoon/DGS-ENG/issues

Notes:

• This includes many fixes for Episode 1
  • Manual incomplete (but notes for Episode 2 added)
  • Home menu banner untranslated (cannot be translated with a game update)
  • Uses the (mostly) same patcher from the demo
  • Since the question pops up a lot: there are five Episodes in total and a sequel of the same length we will also translate.
Requirements:
  • 3DS with CFW
  • Demo or full copy of Dual Destinies
  • Full physical or eShop copy of Dai Gyakuten Saiban
  • Patch

Our website
FAQ
Translation Notes
Credits
GBAtemp project thread

Last edited by Uwabami,

Memorent1

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
image.jpg
That's way to vague. What is crashing? The patcher? The game? When? What's the message? Did you previously use a version of the patch not released by us?
Oh, sorry, it's the game, after I patched it it only crashes, and I following the instructions to a T
This is the error that keeps showing up

Memorent1

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Yeah, that means you used a crack to disable the Anti Piracy Episode 1 had.
Except I didn't?
Yes, I used a digital copy for it, but I also used a CIA patch another person posted that works with a digital copy
So, any way to fix this?

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Except I didn't?
Yes, I used a digital copy for it, but I also used a CIA patch another person posted that works with a digital copy
So, any way to fix this?
Well, assuming you used the crack to use our Episode 1 patch on a legit eShop copy, you have to remove the crack to get it to work. They're incompatible - so the crack is making your game crash.

roli300

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, @Memorent1 I also purchased the digital copy and had the same issue as you had, it seems that i had to delete the crack from the first Episode and re-make the patch because it was corrupted. Also, in the process, i ended up deleting the game (which you dont have to do) to fix the problem which lead me to lose my data,could anyone (if it's allowed) give me a savefile at the end of case 1 please?

gatorade2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome work guys! It was a long case of just investigation but you nailed it. Didn't notice any typos or errors whatsoever.

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, @Memorent1 I also purchased the digital copy and had the same issue as you had, it seems that i had to delete the crack from the first Episode and re-make the patch because it was corrupted. Also, in the process, i ended up deleting the game (which you dont have to do) to fix the problem which lead me to lose my data,could anyone (if it's allowed) give me a savefile at the end of case 1 please?
Here you go, this will let you use SELECT CHAPTER to start at Episode 2. Put it on your SD card in sd:/JKSV/Saves/大逆転裁判_-成歩堂龍ノ介の冒險-/Ep1Finished/go_sys.dat

Attachments

• Ep1Finished.7z
    256 bytes · Views: 228

Diggaloss

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thank you guys for all the work your putting in to it. Happy to finally be playing this game and I must say that sherlock holmes does the whole game xD. Can't w8 for the next episode 3 release. Hope it goes fast. Keep up the good work :)

kallek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time playing this, so I am beginning on episode one, but I used the Episode 2 patch. I'm having problems with half of the bottom line of text being cut off and appearing outside of the screen. I am using and old 3ds

Attachments

• ace.jpg
    ace.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 375

jardg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished playing through the first two episodes. You're all doing an excellent job! The quality feels indistinguishable from the official localizations to me (though your own team is noticeably better at not letting typos slip through ;)). I'm incredibly thankful for all the hard work you guys are putting in to make this game accessible to fans in the west.

roli300

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Uwabami Thanks a lot, awesome job the team has done with the translation. Keep up this great work.

@anhminh Actually, the 'script' or 'text' is already translated. They had technical difficulties to make the patch work and to implement the text in English. At least that's what they said in the main thread if I'm not mistaken.

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First time playing this, so I am beginning on episode one, but I used the Episode 2 patch. I'm having problems with half of the bottom line of text being cut off and appearing outside of the screen. I am using and old 3ds
Did you unpack the CIA instead of installing it? That would be the issue...

Does it work with Citra or?
No.

Is it actually took 3 years to translate 2 chapters or there is some delay in process?
@anhminh Actually, the 'script' or 'text' is already translated. They had technical difficulties to make the patch work and to implement the text in English. At least that's what they said in the main thread if I'm not mistaken.
That's not correct - we did have some technical issues, though they are mostly solved. The script is not completely translated, there are big gaps and it's also checked and corrected by translators and edited to fit and flow right. That takes time.

Reactions: wakabayashy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi