[Release] The Great Ace Attorney - Episode 2 English Patch

frontonly.jpg

The latest patch for The Great Ace Attorney (Episode 1+2) is out! You can grab it at the Github link below.

ENG 2.1.0

Download: https://github.com/StarStabbedMoon/DGS-ENG/releases
Typos and errors can be reported here: https://github.com/StarStabbedMoon/DGS-ENG/issues

Notes:

• This includes many fixes for Episode 1
  • Manual incomplete (but notes for Episode 2 added)
  • Home menu banner untranslated (cannot be translated with a game update)
  • Uses the (mostly) same patcher from the demo
  • Since the question pops up a lot: there are five Episodes in total and a sequel of the same length we will also translate.
Requirements:
  • 3DS with CFW
  • Demo or full copy of Dual Destinies
  • Full physical or eShop copy of Dai Gyakuten Saiban
  • Patch

Our website
FAQ
Translation Notes
Credits
GBAtemp project thread

Last edited by Uwabami,

Lozzu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bit.ly
XP
Country
United States
upload_2018-1-19_15-53-43.png
Copied these into the other folder and renamed (ui_cmn_eng.arc comes from Dual Destinies Demo)

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-19_15-25-28.png
    upload_2018-1-19_15-25-28.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 305

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
View attachment 111544 Copied these into the other folder and renamed (ui_cmn_eng.arc comes from Dual Destinies Demo)
those are their original names, did you rename them to 000400000014AD00_v00.cia and dd_font.bin respectively?

If that doesn't help and the error is still the same as before, select the CIA in GodMode9 > CIA image options... > Decrypt file (...) = > Decrypt inplace

This will either decrypt the CIA or throw an error if it already is decrypted.

Lozzu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bit.ly
XP
Country
United States
those are their original names, did you rename them to 000400000014AD00_v00.cia and dd_font.bin respectively?

If that doesn't help and the error is still the same as before, select the CIA in GodMode9 > CIA image options... > Decrypt file (...) = > Decrypt inplace

This will either decrypt the CIA or throw an error if it already is decrypted.
upload_2018-1-19_16-33-29.png
upload_2018-1-19_16-34-25.png

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, gave the error like you said.
It said that the CIA is already decrypted?

In that case I need two things:
1) The complete log in the black window - probably best if you use https://pastebin.com for that
2) Please explain exactly what you mean by this:
Is the issue that I used the cia with updates? (Cus the cia came from a version with updates)

Lozzu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bit.ly
XP
Country
United States

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ignore the second question, I just redownloaded the game again from the eshop. https://pastebin.com/KdAsKUte
This CIA isn't completely decryted, GodMode9 probably also told you that it couldn't find the seed for it (if not, please provide the exact error message GodMode9 gave you). This means you never started the game from the Home Menu.
Did you use a Japanese 3DS to buy from eShop or did you use some other trick? If so, please elaborate...

AthenaSpikes

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have a question...

I think i've done all the steps correctly, but when i open the game, it gets stuck on the "3DS Loading Screen". No idea what i've done wrong. Could I get some help ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a question...

I think i've done all the steps correctly, but when i open the game, it gets stuck on the "3DS Loading Screen". No idea what i've done wrong. Could I get some help ?

Also, in any case... Great job. I thought I would get kids before being able to play this game TBH xD

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a question...

Sure, how big is the CIA file our patcher produced? Any errors while making it?

AthenaSpikes

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sure, how big is the CIA file our patcher produced? Any errors while making it?

I will check as soon as i get home to get more details, but I don't remember havind any issues during the patching, and the cia patch was about 16mb.
The game worked fine before patching, but it starts getting stuck in loading screen as soon as i patched it.

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I will check as soon as i get home to get more details, but I don't remember havind any issues during the patching, and the cia patch was about 16mb.
The game worked fine before patching, but it starts getting stuck in loading screen as soon as i patched it.
Is this your first time using our patch or did you use a previous version? Also, is your version of FBI current?

ApolloJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm trying to get this thing to work.So I make the dgs episode 2 patch.cia. The thing is,the game has an update to ver 1.1.0 and it's necessary in order to run without problems.So another problem that pops up is that when I have the base game installed and it's update and try to install the patch file through fbi,it cancels out the update installation and installs the translation but with the game reverted to 0.0.0 . Which means it's unbootable. So it's basically pointless trying to translate it through the patch. And just in case you're wondering, if you try to install the update to the game while having the base game and the patch installed,it cancels out the patch. How am I supposed to install this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o