[Release] The Great Ace Attorney - Episode 2 English Patch

frontonly.jpg

The latest patch for The Great Ace Attorney (Episode 1+2) is out! You can grab it at the Github link below.

ENG 2.1.0

Download: https://github.com/StarStabbedMoon/DGS-ENG/releases
Typos and errors can be reported here: https://github.com/StarStabbedMoon/DGS-ENG/issues

Notes:

• This includes many fixes for Episode 1
  • Manual incomplete (but notes for Episode 2 added)
  • Home menu banner untranslated (cannot be translated with a game update)
  • Uses the (mostly) same patcher from the demo
  • Since the question pops up a lot: there are five Episodes in total and a sequel of the same length we will also translate.
Requirements:
  • 3DS with CFW
  • Demo or full copy of Dual Destinies
  • Full physical or eShop copy of Dai Gyakuten Saiban
  • Patch

Our website
FAQ
Translation Notes
Credits
GBAtemp project thread

Last edited by Uwabami,

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm trying to get this thing to work.So I make the dgs episode 2 patch.cia. The thing is,the game has an update to ver 1.1.0 and it's necessary in order to run without problems.So another problem that pops up is that when I have the base game installed and it's update and try to install the patch file through fbi,it cancels out the update installation and installs the translation but with the game reverted to 0.0.0 . Which means it's unbootable. So it's basically pointless trying to translate it through the patch. And just in case you're wondering, if you try to install the update to the game while having the base game and the patch installed,it cancels out the patch. How am I supposed to install this?
Our patch includes the update. The version FBI reports isn't always correct - you can check the version of the game in the Title Screen on the top left (blank, if 1.0.0):
DGS_Title.png

Now, why the game wouldn't boot is another issue - what exactly happens?

ApolloJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Our patch includes the update. The version FBI reports isn't always correct - you can check the version of the game in the Title Screen on the top left (blank, if 1.0.0):
View attachment 114737

If the patch already included the update,then you'd think it would run correctly but it doesn't. If I try to launch the base game (no updates) without the patch,it will crash and display the message: An exception ocurred in red letters

Then
processor: ARM11 (core 1)
exception type: prefetch abort (svcBreak)
fault status:debug event
current process: loader (0000000000000000000000000)

So the thing that's clear here is that the game requires the update to launch,yet it won't launch with the patch file.

ApolloJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
View attachment 114737

If the patch already included the update,then you'd think it would run correctly but it doesn't. If I try to launch the base game (no updates) without the patch,it will crash and display the message: An exception ocurred in red letters

Then

So the thing that's clear here is that the game requires the update to launch,yet it won't launch with the patch file.

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Then

That has nothing to do with the update.

Have you played the previous patch in a version not released/endorsed by us?

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No,I haven't.
Well, the error you're experiencing happens to people who've been using a crack.

Indulge me and remove the crack from sd:/Luma/titles/000400000014AD00 (remove the whole folder 000400000014AD00) or disable "Enable game patching" in the Luma config (hold SELECT on boot). If that doesn't work, we'll dig deeper,

Last edited by Uwabami,

ApolloJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well, the error you're experiencing happens to people who've been using a crack.

Indulge me and remove the crack from sd:/Luma/titles/000400000014AD00 (remove the whole folder 000400000014AD00) or disable "Enable game patching" in the Luma config (hold SELECT on boot). If that doesn't work, we'll dig deeper,

There's no such folder,game patching is disabled.

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There's no such folder,game patching is disabled.
Alright - let's see:
  • How big is the update CIA you made with IRIS?
  • Does the game work if the patch is not installed?
  • Which version of Luma/FBI/GM9 are you working with?
  • Did making the patch CIA result in any errors?
  • Are you using any modifications like NTR?

ApolloJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Alright - let's see:
  • How big is the update CIA you made with IRIS?
  • Does the game work if the patch is not installed?
  • Which version of Luma/FBI/GM9 are you working with?
  • Did making the patch CIA result in any errors?
  • Are you using any modifications like NTR?
The patch file (.cia) is apparently 16.441 KB. Seems logical being it's just text. The game doesn't work without the seperate 1.1.1 update (no patch). Luma version: 9 (Updated it to the latest version using luma updater earlier today)
FBI version 2.14 and GM9 v1.5.1. The cia was completed succesfully,tried to launch with admin rights but says something about iris.exe. As far as I'm aware of,I only use B9S + Luma,haven't done any further modifications

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There's more than just text in the patch :wink:

There's only one official update 1.1.0. On the 3DS, only one update can be installed at any given time - and since our patch is a modified update, you can either install our patch or the official update 1.1.0. Since our patch includes that update, that's not an issue. It's very weird that the game doesn't run without the update, since the patch didn't fix the game not booting iirc.

Something is wrong with your main game. Is it a game card or an eShop copy? If it is an eShop copy, delete it, go to the eShop and download it again.

ApolloJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There's more than just text in the patch :wink:

There's only one official update 1.1.0. On the 3DS, only one update can be installed at any given time - and since our patch is a modified update, you can either install our patch or the official update 1.1.0. Since our patch includes that update, that's not an issue. It's very weird that the game doesn't run without the update, since the patch didn't fix the game not booting iirc.

Something is wrong with your main game. Is it a game card or an eShop copy? If it is an eShop copy, delete it, go to the eShop and download it again.

Cartridge.Gonna try to download a .cia of the main game off the internet,just to see.

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cartridge.Gonna try to download a .cia of the main game off the internet,just to see.
That's very weird indeed. Can you mount the Cartridge in GM9? Did you buy it used or new? Did you install a dump of the game made with GM9 ver1.5.0? (that version had a bug)

ApolloJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That's very weird indeed. Can you mount the Cartridge in GM9? Did you buy it used or new? Did you install a dump of the game made with GM9 ver1.5.0? (that version had a bug)
I bought it used,it does rattle inside the casing of the cart. The worst part of it all is,I've spend a good 7 hours today trying to find out what's up

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Downloading the main game right now. Do I need to re-do the patch generation process with the specific main game cia that I download?

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought it used,it does rattle inside the casing of the cart. The worst part of it all is,I've spend a good 7 hours today trying to find out what's up

Downloading the main game right now. Do I need to re-do the patch generation process with the specific main game cia that I download?
No, one size fits all.

It does sound like your game card is indeed damaged. Can you mount it in GM9? Can you see the ExeFS and the RomFS?

Oh, and what is the error when no patch/update is installed? (You can make a picture if you want instead of typing it)

ApolloJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No, one size fits all.

It does sound like your game card is indeed damaged. Can you mount it in GM9? Can you see the ExeFS and the RomFS?

Oh, and what is the error when no patch/update is installed? (You can make a picture if you want instead of typing it)

I'm downloading the game so can't check currently,but the error was the one I mentioned before (It occurs when I try to run the main game raw and when I try to launch the main game+patch,I can only launch it with the original 1.1.1 update though)

The error said the following
An exception ocurred (in red letters)

Then

After that are a bunch of codes

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm downloading the game so can't check currently,but the error was the one I mentioned before (It occurs when I try to run the main game raw and when I try to launch the main game+patch,I can only launch it with the original 1.1.1 update though)

The error said the following
An exception ocurred (in red letters)

Then

After that are a bunch of codes
Alright, can you delete sd:/luma/dumps/ and then first run the game without any patch and then with our patch installed? Once you 've done that, the folder should have 2 files in the re-created sd:/luma/dumps/. Please send them to me.

ApolloJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Alright, can you delete sd:/luma/dumps/ and then first run the game without any patch and then with our patch installed? Once you 've done that, the folder should have 2 files in the re-created sd:/luma/dumps/. Please send them to me.
Tried with a new cia as I said,nothing worked. Trying to run it without the patch doesn't work,trying to run it with the patch also doesn't

Also,in the luma/dumps folder (I accessed it through GM9) there's 7 crash dumps (Because when the game crashed you have the ability to save the crash dumps by pressing a)

Tried with a new cia as I said,nothing worked. Trying to run it without the patch doesn't work,trying to run it with the patch also doesn't

Also,in the luma/dumps folder (I accessed it through GM9) there's 7 crash dumps (Because when the game crashed you have the ability to save the crash dumps by pressing a)
Ok,deleted the crash dumps and deleted the installed patch cia through FBI.Now it prompts me to download an update (didn't know it could do that for a japanese game in europe). The game still crashes when I install the patch cia file

Ok,deleted the crash dumps and deleted the installed patch cia through FBI.Now it prompts me to download an update (didn't know it could do that for a japanese game in europe). The game still crashes when I install the patch cia file

Edit: Even if I try to update it says it's complete yet when I try to launch again,it still says there's an update available,so it doesn't do it even though it downloads it from the eshop.

Tried to re do the patch creation process yesterday so it should have been fixed.It just doesn't work

Last edited by ApolloJ,

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you send your working patch cia file to see if it's the patch itself?
Where are the dumps? :ha:

Again:
  • delete sd:/luma/dumps/
  • run the game without any patch/update installed (it will complain, but you can run it anyways)
  • then run it with our patch installed
  • Now the folder should have 2 files in the re-created sd:/luma/dumps/
  • Please send them to me
If I could legally give you a finished patch CIA, why would I bother making IRIS?

ApolloJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Where are the dumps? :ha:

Again:
  • delete sd:/luma/dumps/
  • run the game without any patch/update installed (it will complain, but you can run it anyways)
  • then run it with our patch installed
  • Now the folder should have 2 files in the re-created sd:/luma/dumps/
  • Please send them to me
If I could legally give you a finished patch CIA, why would I bother making IRIS?
Damn it,I just really want to resolve this,I've been at it since yesterday.So do I delete the dumps folder completely?

Damn it,I just really want to resolve this,I've been at it since yesterday.So do I delete the dumps folder completely?
There are no files in the dumps folder now...? Do I have to make it crash with the translation patch and save the crash dumps?

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

There are no files in the dumps folder now...? Do I have to make it crash with the translation patch and save the crash dumps?
Yes. Make it crash with no patch/update installed and then make it crash with our patch installed.

Last edited by Uwabami,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...