[Release] The Great Ace Attorney 2 - Episode 3 English Patch

dgs23.jpg

The partial translation patch for The Great Ace Attorney 2 - The Resolve of Ryuunosuke Naruhodou (Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2) Episode 3 is out for 3DS! Android not yet ready. You can grab it at the link below.

ENG 2.1.0
Download: https://scarletstudy.gq/download/
Typos and errors can be reported here:

Notes:

• Fully translated up to Episode 3
  • Earlier episodes have been improved as well:
    • Fixed many typos and polished the script

Requirements:

• 3DS with CFW
  • Full physical or eShop copy of Dai Gyakuten Saiban

Our website
Twitter
FAQ
Translation Notes
Credits
GBAtemp project thread

HomeStarRunnerTron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Bioshockingly -- I mean, it's canon in the American version, but so is a whole lot of other really ridiculous stuff that nullifies Japanese culture.

3ca.png

It'd personally frustrate me if they couldn't actually outrightly reference Sherlock Holmes stories like they do in the game but rather did a kind of parody to get around it. (Like how in movies, they often have to create fake brands of laptops with, like, pear logos instead of apple logos, or some kind of fake version of Google.) Takes away from the history of these actual properties.

@chaos_envoys The first and second game both have five episodes each! There are also two short bonus episodes in the second-- Asinine Attorney: Japan and Asinine Attorney: England.

Last edited by HomeStarRunnerTron,
Reactions: chaos_envoys

Poptheweasel100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While it is neat there's a western release, I'm curious what this means for the fan translation. I only really have a 3DS to play it, so I'm hoping it's not completely over. Only time will tell I guess. Unless I missed an announcement

Ikari65

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
View attachment 255787

The partial translation patch for The Great Ace Attorney 2 - The Resolve of Ryuunosuke Naruhodou (Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2) Episode 3 is out for 3DS! Android not yet ready. You can grab it at the link below.

ENG 2.1.0
Download: https://scarletstudy.gq/download/
Typos and errors can be reported here:

Notes:

• Fully translated up to Episode 3
  • Earlier episodes have been improved as well:
    • Fixed many typos and polished the script

Requirements:
  • 3DS with CFW
  • Full physical or eShop copy of Dai Gyakuten Saiban

Our website
Twitter
FAQ
Translation Notes
Credits
GBAtemp project thread
is this still worked on?

Deleted member 577889

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this still worked on?
Why not buy the official localization? It went on sale for 30$ and if you can't buy it because of it being too expensive (if you're outside of the USA), there's always the seas..

If we won't be supporting official releases, it'll be dark ages again when Japanese games weren't translated. And the ones that were would have no original voices, butchered script, etc.

No offense but some complaints here are just... Sherlock Holmes vs copyright-safe name... why is this a big deal?

HomeStarRunnerTron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll ditto @sadkawaii EXCEPT for the second half. See, if you go on Scarletstudy's website, they link to a patch they created for the official localization to fix any of the changes of localization name changes, which, speaking just for myself, has been really enjoyable for me: https://github.com/ScarletStudy/DGS-PC It might seem like a nitpicky thing, but I REALLY appreciate names of characters and items and places that might've been messed with in the localization. I don't think any fan here would deny that the game's wonderful regardless, but, everybody has nitpicks, and that's why fanpatches like these exist.

@Ikari65 From what I can see in the Discord, Scarletstudy's focusing on perfecting the patch for the PC version right now. Since that's the case, I don't think this project's abandoned. I'm sure the feeling of urgency decreased a lot, though. But I bet that in a year or two, we'll have gotten more updates. : )

Ikari65

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'll ditto @sadkawaii EXCEPT for the second half. See, if you go on Scarletstudy's website, they link to a patch they created for the official localization to fix any of the changes of localization name changes, which, speaking just for myself, has been really enjoyable for me: https://github.com/ScarletStudy/DGS-PC It might seem like a nitpicky thing, but I REALLY appreciate names of characters and items and places that might've been messed with in the localization. I don't think any fan here would deny that the game's wonderful regardless, but, everybody has nitpicks, and that's why fanpatches like these exist.

@Ikari65 From what I can see in the Discord, Scarletstudy's focusing on perfecting the patch for the PC version right now. Since that's the case, I don't think this project's abandoned. I'm sure the feeling of urgency decreased a lot, though. But I bet that in a year or two, we'll have gotten more updates. : )
the reply of the guy before was for my really simple question without any complaints in it a tad bit to impolite but fine.
thank u at least for ur nice answer ^^
the thing is not about buying the pc version what i already did its about playing the game on the go i love my N3DS from the bottom of my heart and have literally everything on it plus emulators working etc. i just wanna have the option to play it handheld and on pc.
I also think those games work way better on Handheld personally.

mike4001

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I guess this project is dead?

Can't blame them obviously with the official release.

Would have just been nice to have a complete version on our 3DS :-)

Ikari65

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I guess this project is dead?

Can't blame them obviously with the official release.

Would have just been nice to have a complete version on our 3DS :-)
I feel u, i just think those Games are way better on Handheld and have a nicer Vibe but in the End its their descision even if i think that its not cool to leave stuff unfinished.

Risingson2

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, Switch is a handheld. Kind of.

Edit:sorry double post

Yes, just came to this forum wondering about the 3ds translation. The switch screen is larger and it plays well there but I miss the 3d! :)

Ikari65

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, Switch is a handheld. Kind of.

Edit:sorry double post

Yes, just came to this forum wondering about the 3ds translation. The switch screen is larger and it plays well there but I miss the 3d! :)
its defo not the same vibe but it seems most people here just dont get what i mean and thats fine everyone can have their own opinion but its still sad. its like someone saying super nintendo games are better on switch but not taking into consideration the vibe of the OG console.

learning programming currently and hope later on i can tackle own translation projects with the skills i learn currently.

cya ^^

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Why not buy the official localization? It went on sale for 30$ and if you can't buy it because of it being too expensive (if you're outside of the USA), there's always the seas..

If we won't be supporting official releases, it'll be dark ages again when Japanese games weren't translated. And the ones that were would have no original voices, butchered script, etc.

No offense but some complaints here are just... Sherlock Holmes vs copyright-safe name... why is this a big deal?
Personally I have been interested in playing the games on 3DS myself when I can. They are the originals, have the dual screen and 3D presentation which are small things but for me, if I could, I would play great ace attorney on 3DS rather than on my switch or PC. It is not even about Herlock Sholmes for me that is kinda whatever but I have small bias in wanting to play great ace attorney's on same platform at least once that shared releases with other two new Ace Attorney games and official Layton crossover with Ace Attorney which actually got mechanics from Great Ace Attorney. It was slight shock that the witness group feature was not entirely original to AAxPL and was actually in a Japan only Ace Attorney game which kept it's Japan only status for way long time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto