Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes I grabbed a RTU complete edition from a iso site that works on N3DS. It launched Ironfall on 9.2 but triforce heroes black screened
Someone leak a cart dump early or are you talking about the demo? And did you grab the demo from the eshop, or a .cia? iirc, people had the same issue with other demos, but not with a retail cart (because retail carts don't use SEED crypto). The SEED crypto may be the problem with the demo... I'll try to check it out during my lunch. I have 3 download codes for it ;)

Last edited by urherenow,

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Someone leak a cart dump early or are you talking about the demo? And did you grab the demo from the eshop, or a .cia? iirc, people had the same issue with other demos, but not with a retail cart (because retail carts don't use SEED crypto). The SEED crypto may be the problem with the demo... I'll try to check it out during my lunch. I have 3 download codes for it ;)

yeah I got a download email voucher from Nintendo. Grabbed it from the eshop on SYSNAND 9.2 and EMUNAND 9.5.. haven't got it to work using any method

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Unless of course you have a copy of Cubic Ninja that has the 8.1.0-0J save already installed.
This one is a rumor.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For Zelda Tri-H demo dump, if it doesn't work with firmlaunch, then it may be a bad dump since it requires SEED decryption that the releaser didn't know or forgot to decrypt it.

- rxTools doesn't have SEED decrypt function so use Decrypt9 to decrypt it instead
- Only NAND 9.6+ stores SEED database so DO NOT use N3DS to dump any SEED encrypted 3DSwares
(except only the N3DS exclusive APPs such as Isaac - You need:
(1) Hardmod the N3DS for dumping
(2) Backup SysNAND
(3) Dump FAT16 XORPAD
(4) Upgrade SysNAND to the latest
(5) Buy N3DS exclusive 3DSware
(6) Use Raspberry Pi to dump SysNAND and then decrypt it
(7) Restore SysNAND backup
(8) Extract all required file from decrypted SysNAND to dump & decrypt the game
You have to use this hardmod method until N3DS emuNAND 9.6 comes out.)

Last edited by MelonGx,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No luck on N3DS. I'll make a cryptofix .cia and put a link up at that place tonight if nobody else beats me to it first (O3DS is fine)...

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to make your own firmware.bin for New 3DS? I have so far been unable to find one.

Decrypting shouldn't be too hard; I can write a C program for that.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Does anyone know how to make your own firmware.bin for New 3DS? I have so far been unable to find one.

Decrypting shouldn't be too hard; I can write a C program for that.
On reinand's github there's a link to a fully decrypted firmware.bin... Decrypting is not hard and it will be done directly during rxTools' first boot (in 3.0 stable release), without any addictional program ;)

Reactions: WhoAmI?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No updates?
Most the developers have returned to school/college so don't expect anything new for a while.
According to this tweet from the official rxTools Twitter, the 3.0 RC is due November/December.
I have a 8.1.0.0J New3DS, Could I use RXtool nightly build with 4.x msett?
There's a couple of people working on 8.1J solutions, including one who is looking at releasing a cfw with 8.1J MSET support at launch. But, the future of it looks uncertain at the moment because 'tempers are ungrateful cunts.

The only real choice for 8.1J owners is Gateway right now.

Reactions: caytung07

neotwenty1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
How to update emunand?

I'm on 4.2 right now. I've tried updating it via system settings/sysupdater. After that, every time I boot RxTools, I always got black screen. Did I miss something? :/

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I created emunand right after I downgraded to 4.2 yesterday, and no themehax installed.
Then i may know why it doesnt work, do you have thd keyX file on your sd Card ?
If you use a sysnand lower than 7.x, a keyX file is needed, Google is your friend to locate it.

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How to update emunand?

I'm on 4.2 right now. I've tried updating it via system settings/sysupdater. After that, every time I boot RxTools, I always got black screen. Did I miss something? :/
there are A LOT of guides on this site, you can pratically do EVERYTHING you want, have you tried to read at least one?

Reactions: Zidapi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4