Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Decided to test rxtools booting from themehax and all cfw booting from ninjhax 2 and I can say this is awesome. Can't wait for rxtools to be fully finished on N3ds it's definatly my favourite. I made a quick video if anyone's interested to show people it works great. I'm no dev I've just followed the tutorials. Thanks to all the devs for this. My system nand is 9.0. Emu 9.5.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
if you have a autoboot themehax, every time you return to homemenu on sysnand/devmode/rxmode sysnand the themehax will run.

anyway to disable this when run on rx mode sysnand/devmode?

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
Hold any button while booting

yeah, that's what I do. but when you think about it now it's somewhat difficult to navigate on sysnand and you always have to hold a button when returning to homemenu and time I forget to hold a button and themehax runs again and the none auto boot one seems better

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
I find booting cfw from hb menu is more a lot more stable than renaming your cfw 3dsx to boot.3dsx to auto boot a cfw. It actually hasn't failed once on me yet to boot any of them. Plus you can still use the rest of your homebrew too.

zuxicovp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i've been looking to see if this has been answered already, didn't see anything. I have a GW 9.5 emunand n3ds, and I'm trying to setup rxtools through theme hax. Where would I get the code.bin?

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, I must Boot Up the N3ds and then Restart it to launch RxTools and now , Everything is working (Okay... the 3D Not but...) Yay :D

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the recent progress made with getting CFWs to autoboot with N3DS, I'm trying to use the latest rxTools nightly for my Gateway created EmuNAND. Whenever I boot into EmuNAND, I have to run NTR to get my out of region games/apps to show up, and I have to unwrap them each time. My NANDs are not linked. Isn't rxTools with pasta supposed to have a region free patch too, or is this nightly just broken?

zuxicovp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RxTools appears to have problems with my GW emunand. When I boot with themehax, when it actually succeeds in booting, it freezes after 1-2 seconds. Got it to boot after taking out the gateway card, also booted gateway prior to rxtools

Last edited by zuxicovp,

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
RxTools appears to have problems with my GW emunand. When I boot with themehax, when it actually succeeds in booting, it freezes after 1-2 seconds.
Is your emunand linked to the sysnand ? If so, then when you installed theme hax, you broke your emunand homemenu.
To fix it, follow this quote :
Well, was the themehax installed in your sysnand before you formatted it ? If so, it stayed on the emunand's thème data and is crashing at boot... The best way to fix it would be to delete all thème data from both "Nintendo 3ds" folders, that would force the emunand to generate some new, proper thème data...but i have no idea what file to delete form the folder.

Edit : i believe i found the proper folder to delete :
"sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/{ID0}/{ID1}/extdata/00000000/{extdataIDlow}/"
Where all names between {} are console specific, in your case, you will have 2 folders that represent {ID0}, delete the {exdataIDlow} from both, to fix it, it will delete all thème data from sysnand and emunand, thus fixing your emunand (if you are afraid of deleting the files, you can always back them up on your computer )

To be able to still launch homemenuhax with an emunand, you need to unlink it first, Google how to do so.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

zuxicovp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@capito27 Nope, they are unlinked. Got it working now, I wonder what was breaking it. Also, does rxtools have problems with non signed cias?

Edit: It appears to not like one of my folders, freezes whenever I open it.

Yep, it appears that something in one of my folders is the cause. Only happens in RxTools

Last edited by zuxicovp,

JorgeSalgado

Trophies
XP
Hey guys! It's been a long time since I last visited the 3DS forum and damn, things have changed! I have a few doubts that I hope you could help me with: first, I have a 3DS with firmware 6.2.0-12E: what are the steps to properly unlock it? Can I understand rxtools right away or do I have to do something emunand-related? Can I play 3ds games using only rxtools? And finally, how can I visit the rxtools website on my 3ds without turning the wifi on (am I suppose to block Nintendo IP's on my router)?
Thanks in advance and I'm really sorry if this has been asked before but I got confused with so many different softwares and tutorials available.

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
With the recent progress made with getting CFWs to autoboot with N3DS, I'm trying to use the latest rxTools nightly for my Gateway created EmuNAND. Whenever I boot into EmuNAND, I have to run NTR to get my out of region games/apps to show up, and I have to unwrap them each time. My NANDs are not linked. Isn't rxTools with pasta supposed to have a region free patch too, or is this nightly just broken?
RxTools' regionfree patch does not work on n3ds yet

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay I just did the 1st part now how would I downgrade the O3DS to the same firmware that is on my N3DS which is on 9.0.0-20U.

And once after the 7 day wait do i need any game or carts to spoof the firmware with freemultipatcher on the N3DS??

Sorry for the late reply. I've been more busy with new work and so when I check this thread again, it's already filled with several new pages of posts so it's hard to keep track of everything.

I believe that you can downgrade emunand now with sysupdater. Another way would be replacing manually each system file with the 9.0 firmware files so that it becomes the same as your N3DS. However I'm not 100% sure on this part so I think it's best if you ask @Ronhero since he's the one who came up with this method.

As for using FreeMultiPatcher in your N3DS, you can install it normally (it's a CIA app) and then you just need to run it so that the firmware becomes spoofed. You can get more details on FreeMultiPatcher's thread here in the forum if you want.

Reactions: dmc310

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late reply. I've been more busy with new work and so when I check this thread again, it's already filled with several new pages of posts so it's hard to keep track of everything.

I believe that you can downgrade emunand now with sysupdater. Another way would be replacing manually each system file with the 9.0 firmware files so that it becomes the same as your N3DS. However I'm not 100% sure on this part so I think it's best if you ask @Ronhero since he's the one who came up with this method.

As for using FreeMultiPatcher in your N3DS, you can install it normally (it's a CIA app) and then you just need to run it so that the firmware becomes spoofed. You can get more details on FreeMultiPatcher's thread here in the forum if you want.

The n3ds had to be on 9.0 - 9.5 and thr same goes for the o3ds. It's easiest to use sysupdater to downgrade to the needed firmware. Once done transfer like normal

Reactions: dmc310 and lemanuel

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! It's been a long time since I last visited the 3DS forum and damn, things have changed! I have a few doubts that I hope you could help me with: first, I have a 3DS with firmware 6.2.0-12E: what are the steps to properly unlock it? Can I understand rxtools right away or do I have to do something emunand-related? Can I play 3ds games using only rxtools? And finally, how can I visit the rxtools website on my 3ds without turning the wifi on (am I suppose to block Nintendo IP's on my router)?
Thanks in advance and I'm really sorry if this has been asked before but I got confused with so many different softwares and tutorials available.

You can install rxTools + emunand 10.1 and use FBI/BBM to install cia games and play them on rxMode.

You can use offline exploits by downgrading your 3DS using with gateway's menu and use the mset exploit OR use sysupdater to update your 3DS to 9.2 and use themehax to boot rxTools.

That way you can keep your wifi off and use the exploits.

Reactions: JorgeSalgado
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg