Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok, so I tried to go through all pages, but it the thread keeps growing faster than I can read (not litteraly)

I have an o3DS at firmware 4.5(E) , ninjhax and everything.

How do I update my 3DS to anything higher, like 7.0, 9.0 or even 9.2?
Some said: "buy a game that includes an update", but I do not know what games contain updates, and not to what version. Does anyone konw this?
Or is there another way to upgrade to a higher firmware that is not the current one?

I can already install cia's through FBI and through BBM.
3ds.essh.co has a list of games with updates
and also, sysupdater can update your 3DS

Reactions: Margen67

bardaxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
c329e35607ddd8a3c6533db92be76fdb.jpg
[
How much i waited for this...

Great, now... do it ragazzo! do it! :D

30katqw_th.png

half-turok

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Good news, well I hope you can improve the use of homebrew I like to use emulators and some ports like doom
Buon lavoro

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
I want to report something, I think I didn't do anything incorrectly so its probably a bug so I'll give as much info as I can.

Using rxTools, I dumped my ticket.db from a recently created linked EmuNAND, and injected it in my SysNAND (So I could play my DSiWare and GBA games in SysNAND) but after doing that nor rxTools or Gateway could boot my EmuNAND again. SysNAND worked fine and I could boot my GBA/DSiWare games.

I decided to try it out again, this time I did a backup of both Emu and SysNANDs just to be safe, (This time I used the EmuNAND I currently use, which is unlinked). Dumped the ticket.db from my EmuNAND and booting EmuNAND worked correctly, when I inject it to SysNAND, my EmuNAND got corrupted again. I restored my backup and I got it working again.

For some reason, injecting a ticket.db to SysNAND corrupts the EmuNAND in the SD.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I want to report something, I think I didn't do anything incorrectly so its probably a bug so I'll give as much info as I can.

Using rxTools, I dumped my ticket.db from a recently created linked EmuNAND, and injected it in my SysNAND (So I could play my DSiWare and GBA games in SysNAND) but after doing that nor rxTools or Gateway could boot my EmuNAND again. SysNAND worked fine and I could boot my GBA/DSiWare games.

I decided to try it out again, this time I did a backup of both Emu and SysNANDs just to be safe, (This time I used the EmuNAND I currently use, which is unlinked). Dumped the ticket.db from my EmuNAND and booting EmuNAND worked correctly, when I inject it to SysNAND, my EmuNAND got corrupted again. I restored my backup and I got it working again.

For some reason, injecting a ticket.db to SysNAND corrupts the EmuNAND in the SD.

I believe some users reported that this happens when you dump the ticket.db from your emunand, not sure though

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
I believe some users reported that this happens when you dump the ticket.db from your emunand, not sure though
The corruption happens when I inject the ticket.db to the SysNAND, I made sure that, at least, dumping it didn't corrupt it.

Also, injecting to EmuNAND doesn't seem to corrupt it either. Only when its to SysNAND.

korren

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well then I don't have any idea what the problem is.​
rxTools should also start without slot0x25KeyX.bin, right?​
I mean, I have it on my SD but I want to make sure thats not the problem.​
Btw, im running 9.2.0-20E.​

OK, got it to work!
I just had to delete the browser history/cache/files (just check the browser options, everything is there).
Of course thats one of the first things you want to do, but I didn't think that's the problem since NinjHax wasn't working as well.
Well, now that fixed the black screen for me.

BTW:
Great job on the unbricking!

johnyPt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Now its possibel instal DLC´s from legit cias on emunand ..

THIS WORK WHIT PBT-CFW+emunand 9.7 .

Before you follow this tutorial you need to update your games to the last version .

After update the game we can install a DLC ..

step1 - start the PBT CFW run devmenu or BBM and install the DLC you prentend to install . DLc need to be the same region of legit cia .
step2 - after install the cia execute RXtools by MS or browser .
step3 - dumping options/Dump nand files/X and waith
step3 - injection option inject nand files and Y .
after finished launch the RXmode execute the game you have instaled and you will be able to see the new items ..

V3NUS_M1NER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fantastic!! very very happy! thank you!!
"ticket.bin file. It's similar to title.db" -- do you mean similar to ticket.db? why .bin and not .db?

edit - because it's smaller, i guess you only dump the tickets and nothing else, cool i guess :)

i was JUST about to dump my xorpads to get my ticket.db from 9.2, i'm happy i don't need to do that anymore!

wow -- my ticket dump is 1.7mb instead of the usual 35+mb... haha very nice! nice ui too

Roxas75 - a nice addition would be dumping SecureInfo_A files from sysnand and being able to inject them in emunand.
i have a launcher.dat i made that allowed this, but the code is very unreliable :)
it does not work all the time (like the ticket.db dumper)
it would be nice because, then it will let people change their console serial/region.
limiting the write to emunand will prevent noobs bricking up their 3ds with a mistake :)
when/if any cfw/gw adds a patch so we can use an edited SecureInfo_A file, then you could add a simple region change option, just changing one value in the file.
no problem if you don't want to implement this
(sometimes the file is SecureInfo_B - maybe for refurbished consoles? i am not sure)
(also, what is the ticket.db full of, if not tickets? what is the extra space in there for?)
With this, instead of doing ticket.db with FunkyCIA, we just do ticket.bin?

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Shakey argument at best. Downgrading is a thing and cubicninja carts aren't all that expensive anymore

Downgrading comes with a number of disadvantages. Incompatible saves if you still use retail cartridges (and using emunand doesn't solve this), Downgrading is not an option if you have a New Nintendo 3DS. Also, some people might prefer the browser method, since you have to reinstall the MSET exploit each time you load a DS game or a DSiWare

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgrading comes with a number of disadvantages. Incompatible saves if you still use retail cartridges (and using emunand doesn't solve this), Downgrading is not an option if you have a New Nintendo 3DS. Also, some people might prefer the browser method, since you have to reinstall the MSET exploit each time you load a DS game or a DSiWare

*and 2DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.