superfiege

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi there
I have a simple question. Which chip do you prefer for in your installation? Do you use Picofly or Instinct-NX? I used the Picofly and was very happy with it, but maybe there is a cause to use the Instinct-NX instead.

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
instinctnx uses a modified spacecraft/hwflynx - we haven't seen an update on its firmware since 0.72, also causes chipcrash and needs a reset when boot0/boot1 is updated in OFW update

rp2040 based modchips use usk/picofly firmware which is more recent, open source both hardware and software, it detects changes in boot0/boot1 and writes again for it to work without causing a chipcrash

so in my opinion, you're best to stick with an rp2040 based chip

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In term of chip quality for Hwfly lines of chips hwfly v4 (mv1-7.1/7.2) with QFN fpga chip = Instinct NX (v6) > picofly/rp2040 >>>> v5 with BGA fpga chip. So far no issue with an Instinct NX V6

superfiege

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
instinctnx uses a modified spacecraft/hwflynx - we haven't seen an update on its firmware since 0.72, also causes chipcrash and needs a reset when boot0/boot1 is updated in OFW update

rp2040 based modchips use usk/picofly firmware which is more recent, open source both hardware and software, it detects changes in boot0/boot1 and writes again for it to work without causing a chipcrash

so in my opinion, you're best to stick with an rp2040 based chip
I think I will stick with the RP2040...as Im a big fan of Raspberry and all open source points :)
But Ivse seen an 1.3 update for the instinct, and it provides a toolbox-payload now.

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
I think I will stick with the RP2040...as Im a big fan of Raspberry and all open source points :)
But Ivse seen an 1.3 update for the instinct, and it provides a toolbox-payload now.
well it will be a dud if it gets a chipcrash from an OFW update, this is the reason why sthetix made a video about resetting an instinct lol -

picofly usk firmware is quite resilient to boot0/boot1 changes and detects it

Reactions: superfiege

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c